Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

L-glutamine

Reaction score
hey guys. I've decided to start playing hockey again, and I am on a natural anti-depression program because the last few years I've been feeling kinda in the dumps and not up to my potential. Anyhow, I've started taking L-glutamine, which is touted as a "brain fuel", and have noticed that I find myself thinking alot more clearly and more positively than before...and a definite increase in sex drive. Has anyone tried this before? I take 1,000mg in the day...any input?

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1000mg?
increased sex drive?

Do a search for more info on it.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 gram increases your sex drive....hmm well i take around 4 grams everyday i train but it doesnt really increase my sex drive (its already in overdrive anyways) i dont see any big changes on how i thing from when i take it then when i dont take it except my endurance....so it is an excellent supplement to take if you work out....

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Besides my first couple of days at the gym I have never felt the need to take glutamine. I didn’t know it doubled as a anti-depressant and aphrodisiac. Will it have this effect on everyone?

Bulldog6971

Don Juan
Reaction score
dont bother with taking glutamine by itself save the money and just buy whey protein take around 1.5 grams per lb and u will get enough off all the amino acids u need.

Reaction score
I am not taking glutamine for training purposes. Its an amino acid thats an essential building block for the chemicals in your brain that make you "feel good". Which would lead to increased sex drive. No, its not an anti-depressant and its not an aphrodisiac. It merely assists the process. It's probably made a difference for me because due to alot of stress i've been through my body hasn't been making enough of the good stuff. Thats just my expereience, I don't know a whole lot about it as far as training is concerned. I did get the reccomendation from a doctor to take it....IT WAS pointed out that for MOST people it WILL NOT make a difference at only 1,000mg...thats why I was surprised. According to the doc, it was my circumstances (depleted levels of essential amino acids due to extreme stress) that magnified my effect. I was told that yes, eventually for effect I will need at least 1-3grams a day. So pretty much unless your deficient, it won't really do much. I am going to take some of the suggestions on here after further research. thanks guys.

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
L-Glutamine is useless. It is destroyed by your gut before even reaching your bloodstream.

The acetylated version (Acetyl-L-Glutamine) is best but extremely expensive. That stuff goes in your blood faster than anything else. Glutamine peptides are also an excellent choice and are slowly released.

I particularly recomend this one.
https://www.anabolicfitness.net/sho...8575e33719cb59f1d950a01acdfbf6ef&subcat=26683

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On a tangent:

Everyone pays for glutamine and dextrose... Am I the only one to have a cup off coffee with one sugar pre-workout and a whey shake + more sugar afterwards, with grapes, some grape juice, and a banana?

I mean... it's all sugar, Why pay for it in a flashy label?

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJBen
On a tangent:

Everyone pays for glutamine and dextrose... Am I the only one to have a cup off coffee with one sugar pre-workout and a whey shake + more sugar afterwards, with grapes, some grape juice, and a banana?

I mean... it's all sugar, Why pay for it in a flashy label?
Thats where you're wrong.

Glucose
Sucrose
Dextrose
Fructose
Maltodextrin

ALL have VERY different ways of functioning within your body.

I suggest doing a little research, you definatly will NOT have maximum gains eating like you are now.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've since discovered malto. isn't such the wonder sugar after all, it actually has a similar GI to dextrose despite being a long chain molecule, it breaks down very quickly.:(