Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

krd's latest update (interesting--honest!)

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, here’s the latest update on the saga with that girl. For those of you haven’t been following my series of threads, (or those who have, and aren’t already bored out of your freakin’ mind with them), here is the background info. Reading it is optional, but if you still want to know…
http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29362

So anyway, she calls me up at 10:30 tonight to ask me if I’d like to hang out. I told her no, because I had a lot of homework to do (which was true, but it could have waited). I had been planning to turn her down next time she called anyway, because I wanted it to appear that I had a life (a tactic that I learned on this board, thank you very much). As she was about to let me go, I asked how her friend was doing. I had been planning on doing this too, because as I mentioned before, her friend seemed to be dropping hints that she liked me, but I totally didn’t pick up on them at the time. She then asks me “So do you like her?” I believe I said something to the effect of “yeah, she’s cool”, not wanting to reveal too much.

So her next question was “Do you have a crush on her?” (Seriously, this girl has a knack for asking questions I’m not sure how to answer.) After a brief pause, I simply said, “I think she’s an attractive girl.” I don’t remember her response exactly, but I went on to say “I bet a lot of guys would think she’s attractive.” (I may have said a bit too much here; wouldn’t want her friend getting all big headed.) I believe I remember her asking if I thought she, herself, was attractive. I said “sure”, because what was I supposed to say? (For the record she is a very pretty girl. I initially asked her for her number—didn’t she remember?) Although I probably could have gone with a little bit of sarcasm, such as “You’re absolutely hideous” or something to that effect, but it didn’t occur to me at the time (gotta learn to think quicker). Anyway she asks if I’d like her to hook me up with her friend. I said “Yeah, sure—I’ll try anything once.” She said, “That’s a good motto.” She asks me for input on how she should do it.“Should I be smooth about it?”, she asks. I said, “Just do whatever is in your bounds”. She continues, “Would it be in my bounds to tell her you’re into S&M?” I said, “I wouldn’t want her to think I’m a freak”. She replies “me either.”

She goes on to say how last time her friend was all excited that we’d be hanging out. I said I was flattered. She mentions that she doesn’t want her friend to know she told me this. I actually suspected that her friend likes me, but since I didn’t pick up on the signals until after the fact, I thought I had blown my chances yet again. She also mentions that her friend suspected I liked her (the girl I am talking to), instead. She asks “Do you like me?” Again, not wanting to reveal too much, I said, “Yeah, I guess. You’re an attractive girl.” She says “oh, thank you!” and really seems happy with the compliment. (I would think she’d be used to getting compliments like that. Or maybe she is, but just likes the attention. Anyway, I was actually just trying to think of something to say.) I remember saying "What's with all the questions?", although I don't quite remember her response. And I believe that's pretty much the whole phone call, or at least as much as I can remember. It was actually pretty brief.

Now I’m not really concerned about it right now, but I’m still interested to know how people think I handled it. I think it may even be amusing to see how things turn out. I realize though, that maybe when she asked if I’d like her to hook me up, I should have said I could handle it myself. But you know, it was the spur of the moment; a girl offers to hook me up with her cute friend, whom I suspect likes me anyway—that’s quite tough to resist! But I guess I’ll just make a note of it, in case something like that happens again. Anyway, hope you’re still enjoying my story. Hopefully the next chapter will be coming up soon.

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not bad--- not bad at all! KRD, I think you're coming along nicely.

Remember, Kitty Kats Kompete. :D I like it how you probably got her thinking, "does he like my friend? Or does he like me? He's so hard to read!"

BGMan

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of your situation. A lot of things could happen. Either they're both just playing with you, or you could have a good chance for a threesome.

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These b1tches have been playing you for a chump for some time.

You are 24 and they are a lot younger. They are at an age where they want to test the powers of their femininity. Being able to control a guy your age makes them feel incredibly powerful. They will keep doing it to see how far they can go.

They are playing games with you and laughing at you. That is a harsh thing to hear but you need to hear it.

This whole post above is just her toying with you. You know in your gut (as you say above) the questions she asked are strange. That is a red flag. When you see a red flag, it means there is a problem.

I don't know what you are like in other situations, but with these girls you have been very naive. You need to increase your skepticism, don't just believe what people say, think about it first.

Don't listen to your brother. Listen to the people on this board (but only the ones with decent experience).

I would tell you to NEXT them, but you might be able to gain some advantage by using them as social proof if they are as hot as you say. Take them somewhere you usually hang out where there are a lot of hot girls. This should raise your profile with the chicks there. If it isn't possible to do this, I don't see any point in maintaining contact with them.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hard to understand why they would want to play those kinds of games. So far this girl has shown that she's quite honest, and does what she says. (I was convinced for a while she would never call or show up, and she surprised me every time). It's certainly a possibility, but I really don't want to get all paranoid about it. I'm skeptical enough about people as it is. Unless they give me some concrete reason to think they are purposely trying to belittle or ridicule me---I think it's safe to say they're being genuine.

EDIT: JJMclure, I posted this just before I got a chance to read yours, and as much as it is painful to read, I'll definitely consider what you said.

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont NEXT them. Just play along and dont expect too much. Just realise there is a high chance they are playing. Remember it is all talk, no action. You should hide all feelings in front of girls since they love to back chat about you. When I'm asked by a girl's friend whether I like her I say: "She is nice" or "She is a great girl" . which basically can mean anything. If you do that women are more likely to approach you. If you say your attracted to her, she will expect you to do ALL the work and the challenge aspect is gone.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In respones to JJ's comments and to elaborate on what I said earlier, I really don't want to get paranoid about it, although now it's gotten harder. (It would have been nice to have a day where I could be content that everything is OK for the time being). I don't know sometimes posting on this site actually helps, or just makes me more anxious and confused. I was feeling perfectly fine up to now.

JJ, I don't know if you've read my other posts clearly enough (and believe me, I understand if you didn't), you'll see that I've pretty much contemplated every angle of what could go wrong, what these girls might be thinking about me, everything I thought could possibly happen. I believe I've been everything but naive when it comes to these girls. I don't think I could be any more skeptical than I already am. In reality, I haven't been hanging out with them for that long--only twice. All of the long threads I have posted on this subject have been filled mainly with thoughts on my own fears and insecurities about the situtation, rather than anything they did.

So in a way, I was trying to lighten up a little this time, maybe give these girls the benefit of the doubt. I understand why they may not really be interested in me--I did make a few mistakes by doing or not doing certain things. But to say they are laughing about me behind my back? I realize that I have a tendency to be shy and passive sometimes, but am I really that much of a dork?

I really don't want to next them yet, because as of now, my options are very limited, especially in the summer. I wish I had a hang out spot with my own "gang" that I coud do some social proofing, but the reality is that such places are tough to find, especially for me, a non-drinker. Right now, wouldn't it be better to wait until something better does come along before I cut them off altogether?

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I read your post. To me, it does not sound like they're playing around with you. It sounds like they're acting like girls who are interested in you.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said in my first post, what they've done so far can mean anything. I wouldn't be suprised if you got a threesome going. No reason to definitely next them. Just make sure you have a healthy skepticism in your interactions with them, which it sounds like you already do. Just take things as they come and stop worrying about it so much.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't expect anything. That really should be my philosophy from now on. The fact is, these girls are not the most mature people in the world. They say and do a lot of random things. That's why it probably isn't a good idea to read too much into the reasons behind their actions, because they just do or say what ever comes into their minds. But to say that all this is part of their evil plan to ridicule and make me look like a fool--I think that could be slightly paranoid. If it's actually true, then I guess there's even more things wrong with me than I thought.

But it's probably a better idea to be a little more selective of where or when I hang out with these girls, if that's possible. My mom has advised me that riding around in the car with them fairly late at night is not the smartest thing to do. Her friend is not the most careful driver and who knows what kind of trouble we could get into? If she asks to hang out again, my next puzzle would be to figure out a way to avoid having to do that. I'm not sure if I should tell them straight out, because I don't want it to seem like I am scared (or no fun). On the other hand, if I do tell them, that'll be a true test of where I actually stand with these girls. If they won't hang out with me anymore because of that, then maybe they were never my friends to begin with. Which is what everybody suspected all along, right?

I think that after this thread has run it's course, it'll be my last one on this particular subject. I've pretty much run it into the ground, and anything new I post about these girls (do they or don't they?--will they or won't they) could just end up causing me more stress in the long run. Actually, this thread here was originally about the question of how I handled the phone call. But, perhaps, it's better to just go with the flow, and see how things happen. And of course, to not get my hopes up too high.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by krd
Don't expect anything. That really should be my philosophy from now on.
How about this instead:
I expect success. I am a man and I know what I want. When I see something I want, I take it.

Don't forget KRD, you are the MAN. It is the man's role to lead. If anything sexual or romantic is going to happen, anything at all, you are the one who will have to make it happen.

More or less, there are two possible realities here.

One, both of these girls are playing around with you for some unseen reason.

Two, one or both of them wants you bad. Obviously, they aren't going to make the first move or they would have done so by now. Usually when a girl is really interested in a guy she feels a bit intimidated and will not make the first move on their own.

Donjuanpablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No offense dude, but at the age of 24, I think it's about time that you stop going to your mom for advice. Apart from that, I'd say go with the flow, and don't expect too much. At the very least you can get some well needed confidence around women.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, if we do hang out again, I could probably just ask her friend myself. If she gives me something other than a yes, then I'll know she's not really interested. I certainly won't count on this girl to do all the work for me; in fact there's probably more of a chance she could say the wrong things and just screw it all up.

But right now it looks iffy that we'll actually be hanging out again. My mom just isn't comfortable with the idea of me roaming the streets at night with these girls, and if they happen to get into trouble, I'll be dragged right along with them. She's dealing with the stress of my younger brother recently getting into trouble with the police driving around with his friends, so that's part of the reason for her concern. She wasn't telling me what to do or anything, but in the way of a mother, she managed to get me worried along with her. As a matter of fact, after my brother's incident, he, himself is telling me that it's probably not a good idea.

But it isn't for no reason. Her friend, I've noticed, can sometimes be a bit heavy on the gas around corners. Also, these girls mentioned their previous experiences "almost dying twice" while driving around. They talked about another incident in which some "creepy old guy" was following them around with his car. When he went ahead of them, they started following him instead. They described all of these incidents with giggles and laughter as if it didn't really matter to them at all. It's those kinds of stupid things that are asking for trouble, and if something serious happens, I don't want to be involved. There's a chance they might be open to doing something else, but I'm not counting on it. So I'm kind of thinking I should stop going with them on their little "road trips". I'd hate to risk not being able to see them anymore, but don't want to risk my own safety either.

Damn, my mom's got me all worried now. It seems that whenever it looks as though I might have a chance, something's standing in my way.

Last edited: