Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Join the army?

Scaramanga86

Don Juan
Reaction score
I been giving serious thought to joining the British Army, more specifically the paratroops. Im in my last year of school, dont know what im doing when i finish. My folks are dead against the idea. anyone here served in armed forces? Suggestions and opinions please

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey.... I have not served in the army myself, but both my parents have, my grandparents, uncles and aunts... And from what they told me, the army was ALOT harder than what they thought it would be... And you have to aknowlege the risk of death.

In my honest opinion i wouldnt go to the army because in my eye's its a waste of a good few years where i could be doing so much MORE with my life... but there you go, thats my 2c worths;)

TheMainMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate, I aint in any forces myself but if I was you I'd join the RAF out of the three.

I reckon they are the most well respected.

SurfsupinHawaii

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the U.S. Army.. been in for 2 years now.. Personally its been the best thing I have ever done for myself.. You sacrafice a lot and its a shock at first but then you learn to live like this and its not so bad.

The one thing a lot of people have trouble with is realizing that there will ALWAYS!!!!! be someone in charge of you telling you where to be and when to be there and what to be wearing. As long as you understand that and are willing to make a sacrafice and be a member of a team and lose the whole "SELF" complex you will be fine.

PM me if you wanna.. Good luck brother

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i was in the army.

dont do it. sure, you'll get to know yourself better..and all that crap, but frankly, it sucks.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must be out your mind.

There's a war still going on and the UK is in it,you know this right?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
lose whole "SELF" complex you will be fine.
Yeah everyone lets do that :rolleyes:

MoveYourAss...

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a pacifist, I'm deeply into real martial arts, but I will NEVER EVER give up my right to not use violence when I don't see the necessity and I will NEVER EVER allow that ANYBODY ELSE tells me against whom I have to use violence, or even whom to kill.

You may have to fight in unjustified wars, you might have to use violence against people who are not a thread. You give up one of your most basic freedoms. Think about it.

MoveYourA$$.. and your brain will follow

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I can say is good luck on the trainazium, although I believe the new one is less likely to kill you:D

All I know is I have lots of mates who are coming out, especially infantry and marines. It's basically sh1t and it's getting worse.

Having said that, for a lot of people it's a way to get out of the ghetto if you can't box and don't want to sell substances.

As someones said RAF or maybe REME or RE, there is no glamour in being an ex-para on the dole with no trade and mental health issues that no-one wants to help with.

Good luck

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
holy sh1t thats the most butchered spelling of a word ive seen on these boards in like 2 months.