Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jobs Market

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure how things are with you, but the jobs market is extremely hot at the moment.

Recently changed jobs and greatly increased income. I’d been with my previous outfit 14 years. I wish I’d done this before as I found that moving around actually can get you a big pay rise.

I hope this helps anyone aiming to improve their income: I became a father in 2020 right as Covid hit. The dual pressure and uncertainty led me to look at the next job up in my profession. I completed 7 exams in 2020. 5 were just decoration for the CV but 2 were serious, grown up exams and made a big difference when looking for roles.

I read a bit about David Goggins, the the attitude of pushing yourself to be the best really made a mark (although I found his book boring and too low brow). I trained myself to be more assertive through books and videos and then trying this in real life. This helped a great deal.

I didn’t think I would ever get to the job I’m just starting, and the things I did really helped me in terms of CV. Before I got the exams they told me to go away and come back when I had them.

New job is covering a far wider region, is director level and almost double the pay.

When I joined these boards I was recently divorced alcoholic who was constantly on action plans snd close to losing my job.

Just goes to show hard work pays off. I hope this inspires someone to do the same.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
As a software engineer the jobs market for us is always hot. Even during the height of the pandemic I would get a minimum of 3-4 recruiting emails/linked in messages/phone calls/texts a week. Now it's like 20-30 a week.

I switched jobs during the pandemic and got a massive raise while most people were being unemployed...kinda made me feel guilty a little but that quickly passed.

Penus

Reaction score
There's a huge sign in front of Chick-fil-A close to my home offering $17/h (here in Texas). Last year it was $13/h. Interesting to see a raise well above the inflation that's "only" 7%. But a studio close to downtown went from $1000 to $1500 though.

I got no increase. At least my salary is pretty good but It's upsetting seeing my purchasing-power decreasing +10%.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JOB (does not equal) Career

Just
Over
Broke

Keep this in mind:

You work a job when you are developing a career. Such as higher education in your field, or a break in your path to success.

A career position is one where you create value for your employer rather than being a necessary expense. You and your talent are an asset to the company. Few jobs are structured where you are an asset but rather as just "a plug in component" to the System created by someone who is an asset.

As an Asset, I have a company vehicle , and all fuel, service and repair is paid for by my company. As I was fueling up last night I realized that despite not gettin ga raise in my cash salary, I did indeed make $60 more this week simply in the fuel value I used.