Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jake Steed & SexPDX Pound Pavement in Portland! (Long)

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jake Steed came into town to visit family and he and I decided to meet up and do some field research in several different venues. It was a great experience, I think we both took a lot from it. Jake is a class act and very attentive as a wing. These outings were spead over Thursday and Friday and concentrated most heavily on streets, bars and clubs. I will provide a breakdown of the events from my vantage point and Jake can chime in when he gets a chance.

Jake and I are remarkably similar in our approach to the game and in our past experiences as well. We have each spent most of our PU careers going to PU places at PU times (clubs as an example) and being obvious about our approaches. We are starting to branch out more and more and our sarging sessions in Portland were a positive step towards embracing a new paradigm.

Also, personally I have fallen out of the loop in terms of frequency of approaching over the last few months and my skills have atrophied noticeably. This helped me get back up on it.

THE BARS

We met at a bar a couple blocks from where I am staying now. It was crazy to finally meet him IRL and even though I cannot explain it, he looks almost EXACTLY how I pictured him (didn't see a pic beforehand). 5'9'', leaned out, pale skin, dark hair. He carrys his sketchbook around with him. He was unique enough to be idenifiable so I motioned him over and said, "Can I buy you a beer or would that be AFC of me?"

Thursday night was mostly about getting accquainted and discussing plans for Friday but I decided it would be good to at least get a few approaches in so we went to a bar in Northwest Portland in an area we would return to the next day to sarge on the street. It was karoke night and we both put in for songs and Jake gets right up on it with approaching a 7 and an 8 sitting at a table. I hold off until he invites me.

Jake seemed to have rapport with the 7 more than the 8 so I focused on the 8 mostly. We conversed extemporaneously pretty well, seemed to have good rapport then the 8 decides to try to get me to supplicate by asking me to put in her song for her. I look down at the paper roll my eyes and put it back down, she gets the hint and goes to do it her damn self. When she came back we resumed our conversation. She was a cosmotology student, grew up in Portland, lived in LA for a little while, but all in all was not incredibly interesting to me. At one point in the conversation I looked closely at her hair at which time she started messing with it and asking me if it was okay. I put my fingers all up in it pretending to be fixing it for her, after looking at her roots and seeing that she was a natural blonde I commented on it and upped the ante on kino by touching her back as well.

Jake and I looked for some more groups to open up but there really wasn't too much else that interested us. When we got a chance to discuss the group we had already opened, Jake told me that the blonde gave him a similar sh1t test as well. It was going well enough that at least one of us should #close, but we really didn't communicate beforehand who was going to attempt what.

A while later, I run into my friend Chris who I had not seen in a long time who was there with his sister who I had not met. We caught up briefly and then the two of them joined our group while I was singing karaoke. According to Jake rapport dropped of sharply when Chris came in and on further reflection I agree based on how the girls were when I got back from singing. Chris seemed to be dropping hints for me to hook up with his sister which I felt weird about especially considering his sister, I found out when I talked to her, was only in town for a week. WTF? Is he trying to hook up an ONS for his sister?

Anyway it was time to bounce and I was going to #close the blonde but then Jake makes some reference to all of us seeing each other again and @closes the 7. For me to close on top of that would have just seemed to forced in that situation, so I let it go in the interest of not undoing what we had already done. Jake, we winged smoothly on that one, try to generate some follow up on that close before you leave town.

We returned to the bar we had originally met at for one last drink and some more PU discussion. Jake said that he has been in the habit of asking "how does that make you feel?" when the girl talks about an experience or something she does, etc. and I mentioned that I have in some ways moved away from asking QUESTIONS about FEELINGS and more towards making STATEMENTS about them. Juggler posted some advice to me on ASF that really helped and that was to speak from the heart. You can even talk about things that are bothering you if you talk about it the right way.

For example when girls ask me what I do for a living or I ask them, that is normally a pretty boring conversation but I turn it into a conversation about feelings by saying, "The semiconductor industry is in really bad shape, the size of my company as dwindled completely but I am relatively secure myself. I feel like everything around me is in chaos but at the same time I feel pretty secure...do you know the feeling I am talking about?"

Other than that we discussed our respective sticking points. Jake's main one (correct me if I am wrong) is flaking. What I found interesting is that he even gets this flaking after sexual SOI's from her. Jake, that is unchartered waters in my experience outside of dealing with drunk girls back in AFC days, all I can say is try to fvck them soon after those kinds of things happen...I mean soon as in...NOW! Mine are ASD and girls viewing me as a long term prospect.

THE STREET

We meet outside a coffee shop in Nortwest Portland, I saw Jake outside the place when I walked up on it and grabed him before going up to plaid pantry (about a block) to get smokes and gum. Jake was wearing a sleeveless T-Shirt exposing well-defined arms and I had just come from work and was wearing a plaid long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up and my collar popped out a couple bottons down exposing a chain, black lambskin shoes and I had about four days of facial hair growth. Together we had what I would consider pretty solid "crub appeal" to most chicks in this venue.

We said hi to girls along the way, just getting warmed up. Jake had his sketchbook so I thought it may be appropriate to carry something myself, perhaps a magazine, but I saw nothing that interested me. We returned to the coffee shop where I got a strawberry sorbet. While the drink was being prepared I began commenting on things around us and seeing what could be used later on in conversation (the aware state) and I explained to Jake (halfway taking a page from Ross) that we are in a desert, the people around us are walking while we have a Hummer with AC. By interacting with them we are inviting them into the Hummer, why wouldn't they want to come in?

We took a seat outside to observe the street before getting started. Then we stood and turned to the guy and girl at the table next to us and I opened by saying to the girl..

Nick: That's an interesting cigarette case, what is that design on there?
Her: It's a dragon (handing me the cigarette case)
Nick: Really, I can't tell (I really couldn't). Is this it's head right here?
Her: Actually I think that is it's ass.
Nick: I am embarassed now, I can't tell a dragon's head from it's ass!

We had a brief convo with them, the guy mentioned that he worked at a radio station, we talked about the moive Signs and other movies and their endings and whether or not they were a surprise. And ejected after a while with "nice to meet you" and headed down the street. Good warm up. Jake told me down the street that he recognized the guy's voice as one of the news anchors and since the girl had a guitar case suspected that she was some fledging musician that he was trying to kick it to. Had I had that read on the situation, I may have treated it a little differently.

We walk down the rest of the street with no approaches other than saying hi and went down a couple blocks. I explained to Jake that I like to anticipate situations and engineer the approach so that it appears natural. This is a must on streets, you got to move about the venue smoothly so that it is not quite so obvious what your intent is. This applies in all venues but a street is a good place to practice this dynamic because it is so important there. Also, if you can open well on the street (whether it be canned or spontaneous) you will have an easier time with it everywhere else.

We come down through a residential area onto the next major street and see two girls and one guy sitting outside some kind of vintage clothing store. They were kind of goth looking. I open with...

"Are you from here?...I haven't been in this part of town for a while I just want to know how often it is that you see RABBITS on the street...I saw five of them up by where I parked my car...is that normal?"

This starts a good conversation even though, like many effective street openers, it's totall BS. This one chick had streaks of purple in her hair, and purple shades and purple lipstick, so I commented on that and had an okay conversation. I got a vibe from them that they were kind of street grease and I was planning to eject soon out of disinterest.

Jake was not quite so involved in this approach and to be honest I don't blame him. He made himself scarce in the store until I was ready to eject and move on. Also, Jake, you almost botched my rabbit opener by pertending to not know what I was talking about
. Think about it, if I am so interested in these rabbits I puportedly just saw that I am talking to people I don't even KNOW about them, shouldn't the person I am walking down the street with already know about my rabbit sighting? :p It's all good, I was able to stumble through it.

Continued up the street. I noticed there was a woman walking behind us, she was not that hot but just for opener practice I slowed us down a little and turned around suddenly and said, "Are you trying to get by us, are we walking to slow for ya?" I made it obvious I was joking around, she laughed. Then I said..

"This unbelievebale, there is this restaurant up on 23rd that has something on the menu called sheep yogurt, have you ever heard of such a thing."

To which she responded, "really, that IS very interesting. I bet it's really bitter."

At the same time two younger more attractive girls came walk towards us and I only had time to say, "hey, what's up" and they ignored me.

In the next block there was a Thai restaurant I never knew was there (I like Thai food) and there was a girl eating by herself outside in a Yankee's cap (she was alright, don't you think, Jake?). I asked her how the food was there and talked to her about different Thai restaurants. I could not see from where I was standing but she had an open book in her lap. At a lull in the conversation I ejected out of conversational scarcity which was incredibly lame on my part and Jake was right to point that out to me. Why didn't I ask her about her Yankee's cap or something? Oh well.

Further up the street Jake open two very attractive yound girls eating sushi at an outside table of Koji Osakaya's by asking them how the food is, he brought me into it and I talked about how I used to eat at Koji's in Seattle and thought the softshell crab was pretty good, etc. Jake I think you made a good go of it, but I was having trouble winging you. Those chicks just didn't seem to want to talk no matter what either of us said.

Now back at the other end of the street we walk two blocks back up. Jake decides he want to go get a shake somewhere. We see two rather young looking girls 5 and 8 coming towards us with Starbuck's cups. We are in the outside seating area under the sidewalk canopy of an upscale restaurant, so we know we are going to have an audience for this one. Jake asks them where we can get a good shake and where they got what they were drinking, what they were drinking, etc.

The part that was really funny was that he asks them their names and they turn their plastic cups towards us which have their names written on them. I could not read the 5's name so I asked what it was. Before she could answer Jake says, "Yeah, I think they screwed up writing it, it looks like 'Valen' the way they got it." The hot one said, "Her name IS Valen."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Jake recovers by saying, "It's just such a unique name." Anyway after talking to them for a while with customers and waitstaff walking around our PU. We find out the hot one has a fiance. FIANCE?! Here I am wondering if these chicks are old enough for us to be PUing and she is engaged? Haha!

We end up going to Ben & Jerry's at a nearby shopping center for Jake's shake. We discuss tactics, seduction methods and other related topics and I told Jake that now that he has seen the way I like to approach (make it look natural), he may be able to see why I don't like to use Ross Jefferies style openers like..."Excuse me, I was just noticing that you are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. And I had to take the chance to meet ther person inside. My name is..."

Just then he points out a hot girl walking a distance away and says, "Go use it on her. You'll crash with that but do it." I followed her down to Pottery Barn and she saw me and she saw me again outside where Jake caught up. I pussed out on this one. The whole time I was thinking about what I choad I was going to sound like and I hesitated. It's just not my stlye. Jake went and talked to her briefly but I think I ruined it because she knew something was up.

We were running out of time at this point before Jake had to be at a dinner, but we wanted to get a close. We moved closer into the heart of downtown where we approached two girls at Pioneer Square. I noticed there was a big blue letter 'i' in the middle of the square. I had a genuine curiostity what it was all about so I asked these two girls if they knew. They said that they didn't.

We began talking to them and they were pretty open to conversation. Evidently they just moved here from Washington, D.C. where they grew up together but were now going to different colleges in town here. One girl was an artist, so Jake pulls out his stechbook and asks her to draw me and she draws a cat face, LOL!. Since they were obviously somewhat anti-mainstream and anti-establishment Jake says, "Didn't I see you two in Abercrombie & Fitch last week?" They knew he was joking, but thought it was funny.

I starting talking to one of them about where she was from what she thinks of Portland and for some reason we got to talking about the world sitaution and what not and I asked her how it felt to be in D.C. last year and she said it really affected everyone and she went to NY just after the attacks and she didn't think it was the same to people out here. I said, "to those of us out here it made us feel as though NY and D.C. were not so far away anymore. Also, I think we all feel a greater sense of vulnerability now that we didn't before." She agreed with this and a few other things I said.

The artist girl went off on a long diatribe about art where I was totally out of my element but pretended to be very interested. I was waiting for Jake to initiate the "we have to leave" before I #closed the artist chick. They had just got into town a week ago and I said we should get together and I can't show them around a little and gave her one of my business cards to write her number on. Glad to at least have one street #close that day for all the girls we talked to.

Great field work day.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT MESSAGE

[This message has been edited by SexPDX (edited 09-01-2002).]

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THE CLUBS

That night after warming up all afternoon on the street we went to a particular club where I have gotten a limitted amount of #'s and tongue-down sessions. It's a hard venue. The girls are attention whoring and b1tch shielding, but approaching can be done most of the time without too many obstacles since the overwhelming majority of the guys in this place are major doofuses and hopelessly AFC.

I think the experiences we had on the street that day made us look at the clubs entirely different. We approached more girls on the street that day than either one of us normally manages to approach in a given night at a club. Not only that, we had conversations with almost all of them and had very little in the way of outright rejection. The truth is that in clubs girls are expecting to be hit on. They like the attention but they put up barriers to rapport mostly in the interest of not having a 45 minute conversation with whoever walks up on them.

Jake Steed was definitely in his element in the clubs. He is quite the spectacle on the dance floor. Most of the guys in this club dance really stiff or some stand motionless. I usually just tried to be noticed by my height and by not being nearly as stiff but Jake jumps and bounces around. He makes it look cool too. He has good dance floor alphaness

Interesting tidbit worth mentioning is that a goup of 3 girls (8's and above) were on the street near where we parked the car and on their way to a bar. One of them says, "What do you think of my top?" and takes off her jacket revealing a top that was little more than a bra. Her breasts are small but she has great abs and a firm body. Jake pulls a camera from his pocket and says, "I am a photographer, would you like to pose for some pictures?" I move over towards her and she says, "Hey, baby!" and I put my hand on her bare back right by her ass and JUST BEFORE Jake manages to get a picture in she turns away. Right at that moment some crazy ghetto mofo with corn rows in a beat up old Lincoln (who I imagine witnessed the events) plows into the curb at about 25 mph and says to the girls, "WTF you say?". The girls briefly insult him and he retorts with some incoherrent reply and drives off. We walk in opposite direction and the girls ask where we are going and they tell us to come by the bar they were going to. Not gonna happen, not enough girls there and these chicks are just hoping we will buy them some drinks. So, onto the club.

First approach was by Jake on the upper level from which the rest of the club is visible. I'll let him tell the opener and the intial approach but he invited me after a few minutes of talking to these two girls. Once I was invited we quickly paired off, the girl I was talking to was a 7.5. She asked me a lot of questions about me and what I like to do and my family, so much so that it was hard to talk about HER. She seemed interested intially and responded well to kino.

All of us went to the dance floor and danced for a few songs. Jake was bouncing around bumping into both girls with his hips, he did a good job of getting the chicks into it too. He is such a dance floor alpha that I even caught myself mirroring him here and there before I conciously realized I was doing it.

Interesting part however, we danced for maybe 4 songs with these girls (you think that may have been too long, Jake?) and my girl puts her arm around me after the last song and draws me in to tell me that her and her friend are going to the bathroom. I reciprocate kino before she leaves and say "alright". We didn't see those chicks again. It was only 11:15, I did not think that early that we would have to worry if we were going to see them again. Also, I MISTAKENLY believed that I had demonstrated enough value that she would want to see me before she left. Maybe she was mildly interested but not so much so that her friend was not able to convince her to leave.

Jake and I took a break from dancing to chill at one of the three bars in the club and scope out the lay of the land. Walking towards us comes an HB8.5 and she kinos me on my chest and asks me where the bathroom is. I realized later what I actually directed her to is the MEN'S bathroom not realizing they were not in the same place, LOL.

Jake and I are separated for a moment then he runs up on me and says, "Dude, get over here that chick (HB8.5) is asking us if we could give her a ride to Tualitain after this." Jake not knowing how far it is exactly, it's far enough not to be going without a STRONGLY COMPELLING reason to do so
. Jake also mentions she asked if he could find a guy for her UG friend. Doesn't sound like a good situation but worth a look nonetheless. HB8.5 and her friend are over by the dance floor she kinos me more strongly than before and she tells me her name, I tell her mine. UG is sweatin both of us, whoever will get on her basically. I finish a gin and tonic and notice HB8.5 enticing me onto the dance floor with eye contact and body language. I move towards her and right when I touch her arm she bounces off to what seems to be some random choad and starts coming at him just as crazy.

Jake is still talking to UG and doesn't see this so I run back to him and try to create a diversion as an excuse to get him away from her. "Jake come over here you got to see this", I say in an excited tone. I walk quickly a moderate distance away. Jake, I didn't mean BRING HER :p ! I was trying to get you out of talking to her because HB8.5 was a totally tease and there was nothing more for us there...unless of course you liked the fat chick, in that case we had a miscommunication
LOL!

We danced a little more then I got an idea. We would go to the other side of the dance floor where there was more room for Jake's dance floor alphaness bit and draw some attention to ourselves, in which we were intially successfull. A group of 3 girls (HB8, UG X and UG Y) came over and started dancing around us. HB8 kept looking at me and moving towards me giving me what appeared to be IOI's and Jake had the same impression to the point where he in a heroic act of wingmanship jumps on UG X to clear the path for me. HB8 comes over and grinds on me but after a few minutes of that pushes me and walks away. I let Jake know he can get off the grenade because it bombed, but UG X put up a lot of resistence to letting him go.

The sitaution I describe above is extremely common in this particular club. Jake and I in our emails have named this type of girl a "dance troll". They get you interested enough to come at them and once you do, they are satisfied and the move on to the next guy. Any tips from anyone on how to deal with these kinds of girls? My take is that they are in LTR's and they like to go out with their girlfriends and tell their borefriends how many guys were trying to kick it to her to make him jealous or what not.

Not much else to report about the club, no closes for either of us.

Listening to the girls talk on the way out acting all b!tchy, we decided that the street is a much better PU situation than what is mainstream in terms of places to meet people, however I am not saying I am going to stop clubbing altogether, I am just going to focus on a greater diversity of venues.

3 drunk girls were walking ahead of us up the street on the way out of the club and asked us if we had a cell phone and Jake said "No, sorry." He then sped up to get ahead of them and I followed. He then began playing with his cell phone in clear view of them until one of them yelled loudly, "You DO have a cell phone, let us use it."

"We have a what?", I said, "what are you talk ing about?".

"If you are trying to be like..really cool...it's uhh...not working", we ignored them until further up the street some guys standing by their car said, "How are you doing? You know you have three silly drunk girls behind you, right?"

"Do you have a cell phone," I replied, "they may be interested." Further up the street Jake points the camera at them and says, "Smile". They turn away from the camera and flee yelling in high pitched voices, can we just use your cell phone?" LMAO!!! Fun times.

Winging with Jake was fun, I wish I had people that enthusiastic about the game to wing with around here. Some of my friends are pretty good PUA's but they are not the best wings, probably because they are more advanced and our styles are not entirely compatable.

Jake, let's keep each other updated on the outcome of those closes. I am not sure what I have planned yet for mine, but those chicks could both function as good pivots since they both go to different colleges. I wouldn't mind meeting some freshman college chicks, but then again who knows who they would bring me around! LOL!

Also when you reply to this could you also crosspost your reply to mASF, I am going to post this there as well.

------------------
- The performer known as Nick

[This message has been edited by SexPDX (edited 09-01-2002).]

EpsilonArmati

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus Effing Christ, that's beyond long.

There is a wealth of information in it, but its value to other individuals are limited; perhaps if you would be so kind as to provide some more detailed analysis for selected situations, such as the girl with the Yankee cap or the cell phone girl.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck. That sounds like such a head-trip: meeting Jake Steed or SexPDX! Haha! That would just be so weird for me, I'd probably just burst out laughing. I don't think I'll ever want to meet anyone from this board, well, not for a while.

Nevertheless, it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, and learnt a few more things. I'd love to be able to talk to another guy about PU techniques in person, but most of my friends are either AFCs who only get any because of their looks, AFCs who only get any because they find desperate chicks, or Alphas who have no techniques other than to just be as-Alpha-as-possible.

It sounds like you fellas have your styles down really solid. For me, I think I'm more like Nick in the street (a quick "Hey" and then a weird convo opener) and more like Jake in the club (I'm always being the fvcking crazy alpha).

That whole post was just so long that I'm not sure if I will comment on specific approaches that you used, but I will say that I was impressed by your awareness. That's something I need to work on, being aware of your surroundings is essential to finding PU targets and sustaining conversations with them.

Nick, I loved your writing style and I look forward to hearing Jake's additions. It sounds like Jake is the perfect wingman!

------------------

All up in her vibe something coming over me,
Summer days more likely that you notice breezes,
Winter days more likely that you notice heat,
When I'm warm more likely that you notice me

[This message has been edited by De La Soul (edited 09-05-2002).]

ArmchairDJ

Reaction score
Great write-up. A good example of the "I dont give a sh*t" attitude that is needed when picking up.

Question to Nick, are you going to ring that girl you got the # off, or were you just happy to get it?

I'll wait for Jake's version before asking my other questions.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intriguing. I never thought about what would happen if I met someone fro mthis board in real life. I wonder, does anyone here live in the Long Beach area?

Inspector Clouseau

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite a goldmine of information. I just have a few comments.
5'9'', leaned out, pale skin, dark hair.
I have always pictured him looking like Brad Pitt.

He carrys his sketchbook around with him.
At first reading, this struck me as odd, but later I saw its purpose: a PU gimmick.
Jake said that he has been in the habit of asking "how does that make you feel?" when the girl talks about an experience or something she does, etc.
I recently focused on creating canned and targeted feeling questions, like "How do you feel about [...]?" or "How does [...] make you feel?", intended to mix it in with echoing. Unfortunate to me, I lost the list of questions, questions of which focused tap into women's universal love of education, kids, and caretaking.
Nick: That's an interesting cigarette case, what is that design on there?
Her: It's a dragon (handing me the cigarette case)
I find that interesting because I remember a tip of yours about you carrying around a dragon-shaped lighter.

And if any DJs ever find their way to Orlando...

Clouseau

[This message has been edited by Inspector Clouseau (edited 09-01-2002).]

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intriguing. I never thought about what would happen if I met someone fro mthis board in real life. I wonder, does anyone here live in the Long Beach area?
Nick wasnt the first, I met David_med@hotmail.com about a month back, and even though we've got different tastes, it's kinda fun to see this stuff applied in the real world.

We both live in the San Fernando Valley area, in case you ever get up this way.

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick,

Excellent write-up... very detailed!

It's getting kind of late right now, and I've got to hit the bed as I am waking up early in the morning. However, tomorrow I'll write up a more detailed analysis of sarge.

Also, if any of the DJs on this board are looking to hook-up for winging situations like this, go to the Unofficial Wing Thread at http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/018041.html and enter your information... I've already got two DJs from this board in my area whho have contacted me. Hopefully we'll get together soon and post a report.

Page,

I'm in Ventura County. Not too familiar with Long Beach venues, but if you know where we can go DJing together, I've got no problem driving to your area.

Master of the Universe

------------------
"I tell you on behalf of women: there is not one of us who does not prefer a little rough handling to too much consideration. Men lose through blundering more hearts than virtue saves. The more timidity a lover shows with us, the more it concerns our pride to goad him on; the more respect he has for our resistance, the more respect we demand of him. We would willingly say to you men, 'Ah, in pity’s name do not suppose us to be so very virtuous; you are forcing us to have too much of it.'" - Ninon de l'Enclos

"If Machiavelli had had a prince for disciple, the first thing he would have recommended him do would have been to write a book against Machiavellism." - Voltaire

"It takes great talent and skill to conceal one's talent and skill." - La Rochefoucauld

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far. I will go ahead and answer questions that have been asked.

Originally posted by EpsilonArmati:
perhaps if you would be so kind as to provide some more detailed analysis for selected situations, such as the girl with the Yankee cap or the cell phone girl.
The girl with the Yankee cap , I don't really know, I should have pushed for more progress and not eject so soon. I just got this feeling that she was being polite and humoring us while she would have rather just have us leave so she could go back to eating her phad rham. Jake was right however, I should have opened more conversations/routines and seen how repsonsive she was. But I lost my conversational rhythm and ejected. I could have for example asked if she was a Yankee fan or noticed she had a book in her lap and asked about that, but I did neither.

The cell phone chicks we were not actually trying to pick up on. We just wanted to throw their stuck up attitude back in their face. The way they asked was as if they were ENTITLED to use our cell phone IF we had one. As Jake said, "As if we were going to get laid because we let them use a cell phone."

Originally posted by ArmchairDJ:
Question to Nick, are you going to ring that girl you got the # off, or were you just happy to get it?
I definitely will call her, I just don't have a plan yet. Like I said before it is possible that both of those girls can function as pivots, meaning that I can be friends with them and have them be social proof to meet other women. I think I may for once actually hold off on attempting a seduction on a girl right away. These girls just got into town but eventually they will be settling into social circles at their respective colleges and they may be nice to know. Also, female friends are something rather lacking at this time in my life and it's something that may be helpful in a number of ways. I will probably do a "non-date" activity with the girl I #closed and see what the possibilities are, IOW qualify her.

Inspector, you have me confused with someone else on the dragon lighter bit, that wasn't me.

------------------

Pancho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha..when you were discussing how Jake looked, I was worried for a second.

"And there was Jake, his taut chest heaving as he ran his finger up and down his sketch book, the moon gently caressing his pale skind and dark hair"

Lol..just kidding man.

By the way, I am very (way too) familiar with these Dance Trolls...they infest almost every club ive been too. Its eerie actually...and it usually happens right when you try to initiate kino...i.e touch her hips, grab her arm. There are 4 different ways i know in dealing with them (maybe the guys can add more).

1) Goes against the PU "3 Second rule". Basically you scope out the place for awhile, keeping your eyes on the girls you find attractive and observe their behaviour. If you see them dancing with guys, then pushing them away (which can be really hard in a packed club), you can be ready for when they do it to you. When they go to dance with you, you do so for awhile and then pull away and take off (or roll your eyes, or whatever). I dont do this much, because, while you may keep your dignity or sh!t like that intact, you rarely get a number, and you blow a chance of building rapport with her if you talk after (sure, theres the challenge thing that looks good on paper...but in reality, challenge is near useless if you dont know the girl somewhat).

2)You can assume that every girl who dances with you is one, and be sure to be the FIRST to pull away when she touches you, just like she did to you (lol..if you see a hot group of girls dancing, you can try to join them). Ive tried this a couple of times, and its gotten be nowhere either.

3)Something i did once with a girl i THOUGHT was interested in me and had rapport with was to pursue her a bit. When she was dancing with some other guy after ditching me, i came up behind her and said into her ear "hey girl, you lost me back there". The b!itch just rolled her eyes at me. Lol..i never did that again, though you should try it and see what happens since your so much more fearless than me.

4)By far the best option is to realize that she doesnt matter and that your probably not going to get anywhere with her. You can try talking to her again afterwards, try to "seduce" her, but its not worth it IMO. Usually just a waste of time you could be using on other girls. So just feel good for her...feel glad you helped her with her self esteem issues, since she so desperatly needs to get the ego boost. Dont take it personally, and move on.

I think, though, that clubs are a terrible way of meeting people and picking up women. I know your agenda in somewhat different then mine...I was looking for a relationship (and i found a pretty awesome girl). I really cant rely on my looks too much in the game, and i find it near impossible to build rapport with the loud music (even outside porches or whatever off the dance floor arent too good because my ears are usually buzzing from the music).

Do you ever go to pubs Sexpdx? They can be fairly rowdy, people are having a great time, and they are pretty good for meeting girls. Often, girls who go to pubs will be with their friends, a little more laid back, having fun, and their b!tch shields arent up as high...you might not think it, but they can be pretty approachable. And if your not up to approaching girl when they are in groups, you can always wait till they get up to get a drink, or go to the bathroom, or whatever.

Moreover, there are a lot of things to talk about when in pubs. You can ask about what their drinking ( "oh, what are you drinking...how does it taste..thats an ususual drink, when did you start drinking..why that brand...*insert own cheesy line*) or about the game on the tv, etc.

Anways, good luck
Pancho

------------------
If all men were created equal, then how is it im better? --Pancho

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
What a Cesspool of knowledge. Enteraining to read. I can learn something from this.

[This message has been edited by StuartScott (edited 09-01-2002).]

Tantric

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys had fun...

Don't blame you for not using the Ross Jefferies line...he says it works, but i too have pictured myself using it and back out KNOWING it ain't my style...some of the lines from ASF i think are still out of my realm (like "stopping my car in the middle of the street" to talk to a chick...LOL - if you know what i'm talking about!!!)

Too bad about the 2 chicks in the club who felt the compelling need to "go to the bathroom"...whatever...sounds like you guys had an awesome time...this whole "wingman" thing makes me want to post on the "wingman thread"...think i will

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since it may be a couple days yet before Jake responds, I'll add a few things. We went out again last night, this time to a club that is kind of pseudo ganster in it's clientelle. Jake did a lot better in this venue mostly because of his dance floor presence. I am mostly about verbal game and verbal game is sh1t in this kind of venue, getting body rapport on the dance floor is where it is at. Jake managed to #close a girl who is a gogo dancer at a techno dance club downtown. I'll let him tell that story.

Pancho, thanks for the ideas about dealing with the dance trolls. I will let everyone know if I ever get THAT figured out. And to answer your question, I do go to pubs/bars. In fact I do better there than in clubs. I think this is because it tends to be easier to talk so that a group of people will hear you and put yourself in an alpha position verballly. All I ever get in clubs is #'s but in bars I can roll a girl back to my place and fclose that night.

Tantric, I seriously think that the dramatic car stopping approach from the layguide would work very well if you were relaxed about it simply because it takes SO MUCH balls. The only problem is that you may get killed or arrested doing something like that.

------------------

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Ponders heading down to portland next summer*

Great show guys, yes the club scene IMO is hard but you can work it if worked right. (unfortunately where I live the nightlife is strictly limited to clubs (two to be exact since I live in a small city that's ATM more focused on residential growth rather than commercial growth). The pubs around here are usually populated by 40 year olds as well as the rest of the club scene. Anyone in their 20's-30's are usually at one club, the other big club is more of a 20's-40's club, more mixed.

The man-woman ratio up here is also around 10 men for every woman or something around that number (it's horrible). For this reason in this town usually you either have to steal someone elses woman, or get someone that just recently moved in before they get polluted by this town.

Clubbing skills always go up here. Unfortunately people moving here from larger cities like Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, etc... Always point out how cold the women are here.

I otta check into heading down your way next year, as usual when I go on vacation I'll be bringing my car on the trailer (well now that I've got a new trailer that can haul 2 cars, I'll probably be bringing the supra as well when I have it).

hehe. Should be fun if it happens.

------------------
Big John

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe Im the only one who caught this, but it seems like the "dance troll" was just trying to hook her ugly friends up. She was pulling a reverse-wing: by dancing with one of SexPDX, it would probably make Jake Steed more compelled to dance with her ugly friends.

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it seems like the "dance troll" was just trying to hook her ugly friends up.
DING DING DING! We've got a winner!

I thought it was pretty obvious myself, and believe me, I've had it happen. But of course, I've done it myself, so I'm not going to complain. We commonly refer to this as "getting thrown under the bus".

Maybe the dance trolls see the UG's as we look at our AFC friends?

You don't/can't hold their hand, you can only provide opportunities and hope someone grabs the bait. Maybe the best way to avoid this situation (i.e. One HB and one UG working "together") is to be completely straight-forward and tell the Dance Troll that you aren't interested in hooking up her friends, but you'd like to talk with her more. If she's got an agenda, she'll cut it off as soon as possible, and if she's genuinely interested, she'll level with you. When you expose their game, you win their admiration.

This is one of those no-win situations, you might as well start firing when you see the whites of their eyes.

-Chris

Pancho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Powertrip:
DING DING DING! We've got a winner!

I thought it was pretty obvious myself, and believe me, I've had it happen. But of course, I've done it myself, so I'm not going to complain. We commonly refer to this as "getting thrown under the bus".

Maybe the dance trolls see the UG's as we look at our AFC friends?

You don't/can't hold their hand, you can only provide opportunities and hope someone grabs the bait. Maybe the best way to avoid this situation (i.e. One HB and one UG working "together") is to be completely straight-forward and tell the Dance Troll that you aren't interested in hooking up her friends, but you'd like to talk with her more. If she's got an agenda, she'll cut it off as soon as possible, and if she's genuinely interested, she'll level with you. When you expose their game, you win their admiration.

This is one of those no-win situations, you might as well start firing when you see the whites of their eyes.

-Chris

Mmm..this sh!t has happened to me several times WITHOUT the presence of a UG friend. In this case, yeah, that does seem to be part of it....though i wouldnt discount the ego boost part of it either.

Lol..but then, i think ive done it a couple of times too (during my jerk phase though heh). When i was dancing with a chick, but then saw another hotter chick trying to grind me or giving me looks, id start dancing with her instead. Maybe thats what they are doing as well....they find some hotter guy out there and want him instead.

Dumb girls...lost out on some great lovin, Pancho-style.

Pancho

------------------
If all men were created equal, then how is it im better? --Pancho

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe thats what they are doing as well....they find some hotter guy out there and want him instead.
Yeah, but I think it's human nature. I don't get pissed at that because you can't take it personally. If I'm on a roll one night, I could end up doing this several times. Nobody wants to limit their options.

The thing that changed my perspective on a girl showing interest, then switching really quickly is when I started going after this 9.5 that I had my eye on for a while. We were dancing, having a good time, and then she ran off to the bathroom and I went to get another drink. When I got back to the dance floor, she was with two other guys, so I backed off and went to another area across the club. About ten minutes later, she searched me out and apologized, saying that she ran into some old friends and was worried that I had left. She later even introduced me to those same guys when we hit the floor again.

It made me realize that maybe I'm not the smartest guy in the room, and that I can jump to assumptions like anyone else. Keep that in mind.. you don't always know the whole story.

BTW, this girl later turned out to be one huge flake who eventually got back with her sleezoid & abusive ex (who I had sarged with on a number of times without realizing he was her b/f). I also wrongly jumped to the conclusion it was my fault she was flaking, when in reality it was her issue.

StellarPKT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very Interesting post Nick.

Oh yeah it was also very long. I'm surprised I read the whole thing but I knew that reading about you and Jake PU'ing would be cool. I kept imagining you guys traveling around my town on the streets, its a college town and there are lots of HB's out at night.(30000+ enrollment)

I also noticed that some of your openers are geared towards extreme things that most likely did not happen but are funny as hell. Heres the example I noticed:

"Are you from here?...I haven't been in this part of town for a while I just want to know how often it is that you see RABBITS on the street...I saw five of them up by where I parked my car...is that normal?"

That sh1t is just plain funny and I dont know if everybody picked up on that, their eyes probably just glazed over it because your post was so long. I also remember you said to some chicks one time that you saw a guy with a parrot on his shoulder and the parrot told you that your shoes looked like bowling shoes. And you got no response from that one, geez people have no sense of humor these days, too uptight. I also like the sheep yogurt thing, that wasn't real was it? Its like this kid I saw the other day who couldn't have been a day over 6 months old riding a tricycle. I mean this kid had mad skills. He probably couldnt even walk but there he was, poppin wheelies and sh1t.

I like coming up with random off the wall sh1t to say to ppl, things they've never heard before. Good Idea. And a very interesting story.

BTW, Jake do you actually draw or is the sketchpad a prop? Because I could do that myself, but my drawing skills are limited to stick figures and boxes. Looking forward to hearing your side of the events.

I kinda feel bad for you guys cuz your PU'ing would have been a whole lot easier out here. Every girl is a slut, and im not even kidding. Well maybe its just the ones that im around. But out here we dont even need to talk to them, we just "run the train". You guys would laugh your a$$ off if you heard some of my stories. Eh I'll save em for later.