Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is looking too young bad?

Sakuragi

Reaction score
Hi guys, I found out about this site about a week ago, there's a lot of good stuff here. This is my first post so here goes...
I'm a 22 year old college student and will be graduating in a year. I'm not a terribly shy person but i'm not the type of person to start up a conversation with a stranger out of the blue. Well, I do on occasion, but its rare and I never have become friends with them at the end. I've never had a girlfriend, but have had friends that are girls. The reason that i've never really picked up anyone is that i've always been the "friend" type to girls growing up in highschool. Plus I was about 245lbs in highschool so I was a fat kid. I wasn't super popular but I wasn't that loner in school that shot the place up because everyone picked on him either. I had friends and a lot of people in my graduating class and teachers in the school respected me for my artistic talent but... no girlfriend. I also have this habit of not keeping eye contact with girls that i check out when they turn their head to look back at me. which I'm trying very hard to break. The thing is people tell me I look a lot younger than I really am and I take that as a compliment. I've been mistakened for an 18 year old or a college freshman many times. The youngest i've ever been mistaken for is 16... and that was just about 10 days after my 22nd birthday. When I tell people that I'm 22 they usually say "what the ****?" or "Man you gotta grow some facial hair or something cause I can't tell." (Which I can't by the way. I can't grow a beard if my life depended on it. Not that I like facial hair anyway.) I find that I have difficulty attracting girls that are my age because they see my as some kid. I remember asking this girl out a work once about 3 months ago. About this time we've talked at work for about 5 months and she revealed to me that she was 24 cause she usually talks to me about her dates with her boring boyfriend. So then she has a fight with her boyfriend and dumps him. I then asked her out and she chuckled told me that she was too old for me...I was like okay... what age guys do you date? She said "not highschoolers." I gave her a raised eyebrow of confusion and said "How old do you think I am?" She said "17." My jaw freaking dropped. I mean how the hell can she possibly think i'm 17?! I mean I'm not a skinny guy I'm about 205lbs (I dropped a lot of weight after highschool when I began taking boxing lessons and lifting weights) and I'm not super short either I'm about average height 5'11. I told her that I was 22 and she couldn't believe it. Anyway, we never went out cause I'm in "friend" mode in her eyes. Teenagers and highschool students on the other hand seem to like me though. I remember my cousin brought his wife and sisters in law to visit and meet my family I. One was 14 and the other one was 19. Anyway the 14 year old sister in law started to act really friendly and comfortable brushing up against me and smiliing alot when we were sitting on the couch together watching tv. It kinda made me uncomfortable since she was only 14 and I was 21 at the time so I stood up, and sat on a different couch. I noticed things in boxing class as well. There was this pretty cute 16 or 17 year old girl in class that I talked to during boxing class. Then one day this guy in boxing class came up to me and told me that the girl had a crush on me said that I was cute and that he knew because she had told him. I didn't believe him at first and just thought that he was just joking with me. But then i started to notice some things. The girl gave me a lot of smiles and began to come up with excuses to touch me. Also one time I was jumping rope and she came over. We began to joke around. Then jokingly for some reason that I don't remember I said to her "Yep, I'm a sexy beast!" and she replied "You sure are!" and smiled. Then I awkwardly smiled and laughed in an uncomfortable manner because I didn't know if she was serious or if she was joking back at me. Plus I've never heard any girl say to me that I was sexy. I also noticed that usually after class our shirts would be soaked with sweat, I know mine was. Anyway, the guys would usually take off their shirts and change their shirts in plain view of everyone and so would I while the girls usually went to the washrooms to change. I also noticed that she was checking me out while I was changing my shirt. Anyway, one day I noticed that she began to change in front of me when she usually went to the washroom with all the other girls. I was attracted to her because she was funny and cute but thought that I couldn't ask her out because she was 16 and I was 20 at the time. Anyway, I told her that I was 20 and she said that I looked like I'm either graduating from highschool or that i just graduated from highschool. Even though she knew I was 20 she still stayed flirty with me, changing in front of me and such. Then she stopped coming to class.
Do you guys have any tips on how I can turn this into an advantage without me having to date jailbait?:crackup: I'm trying to attract girls my age but i'm having trouble getting away from the "friend" trap. And I'm not really comfortable dating anyone under 18..

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know how you feel mate. I am very youthful lookin. When i go out i dont feel at my most confident as i think theyll see me as a kid. But had a hottie checkin me out las night so feel a bit better.

When you get to 30 itll be good but for me at the mo its a bit annoyin.

JesterX

Don Juan
Reaction score
same here im 18 but look about 16. i think the only way for me to look older is to bulk up a little and grow some facial hair. but like johnmich said when we are 30 we will still look like were in our early to mid 20's so we will be able to pickup some nice looking girls. but it sucks having to wait though. can you at least pickup 18 yr olds?

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a babyface too you guy, I look very young for my age i look like a combo jake gyllenhaal and leo, well it hasnt turned the ladies dripping wet, but it has not kept them away :)

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It only matters if you don't like looking young--because it will play out in your personality.

Just approach girls, use your game, and either get the # or the rejection--doing something is better than doing nothing.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also am 22 and have been told I look 17

I really don't think it matters too much though

StringShredder

Don Juan
Reaction score
It will help you later on, trust me.

When you're 35 and women think you're a college student on a c-op term, and club bouncers still ask for ID, that's very nice.

You don't want to look too old, too fast!

When I turned 21, women didn't believe that I was 21.

But tables turn ...

LongDrinkofWater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a bit older than many here, and I can tell you that the guys who have said youthful looks will serve you well are absolutely right.
In my senior year of highschool, I looked all of 15-16 or so (have photos of myself that I can't believe I looked that young then). At the time, it sucked because the girls never took me serously, and like you, the ones that did all thought I was their age (younger).

There shouldn't be too much in turning youthful looks into an advantage, because it just IS an advantage. What I used to do all the time when a gal asked my age, was simply say "how old do you think I am?", then pleasantly surprise them with your real age. If the age/looks contrast is too much to deal with, you could possibly say "Hey, when I'm [pick an age], I'll still look ten (or whatever) years younger". Then let her think about it.

Hunterchilla

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it deos matter especially if you have a face like mine

im really good looking but when girls look at me they dont see a

" manly face " they see " a sweet guys face "

however when I asked this girl out a while ago and she said yes instantly I later asked her how come she just said yes to me and didnt turn me down like all the other guys, and said " I could tell, you looked really sweet "

anyway heres my pics

http://www.myspace.com/shootofighter

Hunterchilla

Don Juan
Reaction score
i can be considered more cute then handsome and thats the main problem

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of it depends on the way you act, actually, your mannerisms, your style of dress, etc.

I'm 21, I kind of have a babyface and I look like I'm maybe 19. But, when I've asked people I work with how old they thought I was, I got 22 from two girls, 23 from another one, and even 26 from another one.

So, like everything in the game, it isn't so much how you look, but how you present yourself.

Wear nice button-up shirts (and for god's sake do NOT pop the collar, frat boy!) and two or three piece suits.

Act and speak in an educated manner. Don't swear and don't say DOOOD all the time and stuff like that. Speak slowly, and make sure the emphasize the bass in your voice (but don't try too hard and be fake)

StringShredder

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're cute rather than handsome, that's still better than being ugly!

With the proper attitude and DJ game, you are vastly ahead of better looking guys anyway.

If you really want to go from cute to rugged, lose a few body fat percentages. That's it!

Your cheeks and temples will hollow out, your cheek bones and jaw line will become sharper and more defined, etc.

Diet and exercise. Looking rugged is within reach, so if you want it, get it.

Apollo_Jordan

Don Juan
Reaction score
ha I got the mother of all disses from this one counter girl she asked for my ID to buy a 36mafia cd..Im 23...she said I looked young- I said "get in bed with me and you'll find out I'm not"- I just said that to piss her off..haha anyways I look 20-21 according to most people...when some people say it its actually a subtle diss....fvck them..who cares you'll be 39 looking 28 and picking up 21 yr old girls at the club...**** right now at age 23 you can be doing that to!

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hunterchilla
I think it deos matter especially if you have a face like mine

im really good looking but when girls look at me they dont see a

" manly face " they see " a sweet guys face "

however when I asked this girl out a while ago and she said yes instantly I later asked her how come she just said yes to me and didnt turn me down like all the other guys, and said " I could tell, you looked really sweet "

anyway heres my pics

http://www.myspace.com/shootofighter

I don't think you look younger at all. At least in Italy, you would considered a typical 20-yr-old guy (by the way, you have a really Italian face).

I'm 18, but often people mistake me for a 16 or (rarely) even 15-yr-old fellow. Anyway, that's not a problem, because 15 and 16-yr-old hotties don't see me out of their league and they often approach me. Plus, 17s and 18s are OK with me looking younger, as long as they know I'm as old as them. The only problem is that I will never manage to get with an older girl, but who cares...

Anyway, if you have a baby face but an awesome body, at the beach you will be the luckiest guy around.

Eccentric

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm ALMOST in the same boat. But I've found ways around this.

Yes, I have a baby face. When I'm in my dress clothes, with a fresh haircut, I look mid 20s.

Anything 3 weeks after my haircut, I look like I belong back in high school. My facial hair grows like the Amazon. My father has no idea who I take after. It grows in fast and thick.

So now I go the barber every 2 weeks. I've also switched to an electric razor. I find that one even run across my face gets rid of a lot of hair, but still leaves the shadow.

Now I've always got a new haircut, and the stuble look. Liquor stores and bars I still get carded. But if I order a drink at a restuarant, it's 50/50.

Look good, present yourself right, and it falls into place.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy **** learn to use paragraphs. Sick of this ****. People using ebonics, bad grammaer and not using spelling check. ****ing christ

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eccentric
I'm ALMOST in the same boat. But I've found ways around this.

Yes, I have a baby face. When I'm in my dress clothes, with a fresh haircut, I look mid 20s.

Anything 3 weeks after my haircut, I look like I belong back in high school. My facial hair grows like the Amazon. My father has no idea who I take after. It grows in fast and thick.

So now I go the barber every 2 weeks. I've also switched to an electric razor. I find that one even run across my face gets rid of a lot of hair, but still leaves the shadow.

Now I've always got a new haircut, and the stuble look. Liquor stores and bars I still get carded. But if I order a drink at a restuarant, it's 50/50.

Look good, present yourself right, and it falls into place.

Sounds the same as my brother. Too bad he's 17:)