Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is cold approaching a fundamentally non-normal activity?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was listening to this, and it got me interested:

I would actually rather die an incel than cold approach ... It's not normal.
I think that if you were to go into a 3rd World society ... they would think you're psychopathic doing cold-approaching.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't seen the clip but yes it is a non-normal activity.
Back in the day when we were living in tribes and a beta male thought of the brilliant idea to hit up a woman in his tribe, who by default was attached to an alpha male. What do you think happened? He got his face smashed in by a rock.
The brain tries to protect you from getting your face smashed in by a rock.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just another reason for beta males and incels to reject and hate on women. Because they suck at the whole game--so rip every aspect of it, right?

Yeah, it's so much more masculine to sit behind your computer or phone and tap out messages on your stupid OLD account or social media site. I wish they'd ban both, THEN we'd see who the gutsy men and players are.

Cold approaching is 100% normal. Just ask anyone here who dated and banged chicks (me) pre-internet. It shows confidence, drive, and balls. I've had countless women say how they're impressed with any guy who takes this approach.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no; it is very normal. if traveling for work; I remember that women are also traveling for work. don't eat alone, just invite a gal sitting eating alone to join you. NEVER got turned down on this one. did not cost anything cause she already has food... don't expect anything but ya never know.... and its better than being bored if travel alone.

peeps

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is this blackpill ideology? Genuine question, is it popular enough to have replaced Pickup and RP ?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything starts off as a cold approach... you are not born knowing someone... everyone meets everyone for the first time. So it is completely normal.

What isn't 'normal' is cold approach as a PUA technique. The idea that you are going out to do 'cold approaching' makes you look creepy as fvck. Just strike up conversations with woman and see what happens, if she' available... she will let you know. Never approach a chick expecting to make something happen... approach women to see if she is interested... if not... no problem, just move on.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approach is extremely difficult to do. Maybe it is because I am naturally introverted. It takes a lot to strike up a conversation with someone randomly either at a bar or non-bar venue, which is fundamentally part of why websites and swipe apps took off in popular.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think there is anything wrong in a cold approach as much as there is nothing wrong in a poor guy who reach a BMW car dealer to ask for a special price or a homeless man to ask how much does cost dinner at the main bistro in the city centre.

Nothing wrong in asking but you better have enough value (whatever the currency is) to get what you want.

Social skills and confidence dont get you a BMW series 4 for 500 quids.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fear of cold approaching stems from within and your own beliefs of what you think MIGHT happen during the interaction. Your mind immediately predicts a negative reaction or outcome. For example, look at the picture below and say you wanted to approach one of these Women in the group. What would stop you from walking over and introducing yourself to the Woman you're attracted to? it comes down to these internal thoughts...

• "She probably has ton of guys after her so I rather not try"
  • "She's really hot and she's most likely not going to be attracted to me"
  • "If i get rejected, I'm going to look like an idiot and be embarrassed"
  • "I'm not sure what to say to her"
  • "She looks like a b*tch, so I'm not even going to try"
  • "Her friends are probably going to talk sh*t about me, they all look like B*tches"

etc.... Overall this is not true until you make it true in your own mind. I will say this though, you have to approach in a bold and confident manner. I have approached MANY groups of Women like this and I would introduce myself like so...

"Hey, I don't mean to bother you girls but (attention towards my interest) I saw you while I was sitting/standing over there and thought you were incredibly sexy" .....Wait for the initial reaction.... and go from there. If she shows no interest or says she has a boyfriend, don't get upset about it or B*tch about it, just say "No problem hun, nice meeting you" and walk away. If she's receptive,.... Continue.

download.png

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my observations, I don't think true cold approaching is all that common. It isn't that often I've ever seen other men approach women randomly at the grocery store or stop them when they are walking down the street. None of these things are creepy or inappropriate IF done right, but when I have seen this in public often times the other man does so in a rather poor manner.

I've done some (pseudo)cold approaching, several at the gym and a few in shopping type environments. At the gym it is a bit different because if you go there on any sort of regular basis you will see the same people, so it isn't like you are a total stranger and already have some sort of familiarity as well as having something in common.

When approaching in something random, say a grocery store, you indeed are a stranger and in an environment like this it can make it difficult. Also, a lot of women have their guard up when out in public or are just so awkward themselves that they wouldn't know what to do with a man in a situation like him approaching her in the cereal aisle for instance.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fear of cold approaching stems from within and your own beliefs of what you think MIGHT happen during the interaction. Your mind immediately predicts a negative reaction or outcome. For example, look at the picture below and say you wanted to approach one of these Women in the group. What would stop you from walking over and introducing yourself to the Woman you're attracted to? it comes down to these internal thoughts...

• "She probably has ton of guys after her so I rather not try"
  • "She's really hot and she's most likely not going to be attracted to me"
  • "If i get rejected, I'm going to look like an idiot and be embarrassed"
  • "I'm not sure what to say to her"
  • "She looks like a b*tch, so I'm not even going to try"
  • "Her friends are probably going to talk sh*t about me, they all look like B*tches"

etc.... Overall this is not true until you make it true in your own mind. I will say this though, you have to approach in a bold and confident manner. I have approached MANY groups of Women like this and I would introduce myself like so...

"Hey, I don't mean to bother you girls but (attention towards my interest) I saw you while I was sitting/standing over there and thought you were incredibly sexy" .....Wait for the initial reaction.... and go from there. If she shows no interest or says she has a boyfriend, don't get upset about it or B*tch about it, just say "No problem hun, nice meeting you" and walk away. If she's receptive,.... Continue.

View attachment 4453
Thoughtfulness and impulse control are generally positive assets in civil life, but generally negative assets to realize a sexual life.

The personality trait which is good to have in both civil and sexual life is a sense of assertion, which most men have at heart, but it's still just a prerequisite. It's like ammunition in a cannon that won't fire.

Last edited:

Jack12345

Banned
Reaction score
BS. There is a reason a girl goes on a sunny day to read a book in a populated place or to watch the sunset, or just chilling around... as long as you add value to the moment and not take is all good

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO, it's less normal now than before. And also depends in what era you grew up in. I've cold approached women who seemed to be in their early 30s who were very receptive and social. Even when rejected, it was a nice rejection where I felt good about approaching regardless. On that note I've cold approached younger women who had no idea WTF I was doing. Looked at me like I was nuts and it felt very awkward.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything starts off as a cold approach... you are not born knowing someone... everyone meets everyone for the first time. So it is completely normal.

What isn't 'normal' is cold approach as a PUA technique. The idea that you are going out to do 'cold approaching' makes you look creepy as fvck. Just strike up conversations with woman and see what happens, if she' available... she will let you know. Never approach a chick expecting to make something happen... approach women to see if she is interested... if not... no problem, just move on.
An introduction is considered a "warm approach"; that is an introduction that IS normal.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approach is extremely difficult to do. Maybe it is because I am naturally introverted. It takes a lot to strike up a conversation with someone randomly either at a bar or non-bar venue, which is fundamentally part of why websites and swipe apps took off in popular.
I wouldn't have such a problem opening up a plate, but I don't want to be shot down so rudely - it is extraordinarily delibating.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're doing what everyone else is doing, you're doing it wrong.

If you see a woman you like, what are you going to do about it? Nothing? That's what most men do.

I recommend only friendly conversation until you get her number.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It probably is now because of the smartphone. Most people can get directions and time from their own device, so stopping a random woman to ask for the time or directions seems a bit dated, so even that type of cover is unusual. Women normally approach guys or give clear IOI or approach invitations which are clear that Chads/Chadlites would be aware of. So, these days if you approach someone it means you are already in a lower frame to hers and lose before you start and comes across like you have no social life and are looking for friends.