Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is being logical really the wrong way to go?

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I touched upon this briefly in one of my journal entries. But I've been taking a master acting class and the thing that hinders me in a scene sometimes is that I think too much. Instead of just allowing myself to "be" and react to my partner sometimes I get too into how something is supposed to be and "act" instead.

I realized that I do this in my everyday life. I'll get into my head and think that I have to do this or things have to be this way and etc etc. Being cerebral and being logical have it's place. When you are playing chess. When you are solving a math problem. But the more I live the more I realize that our brains are really our worst enemy.

Emotions are the key to life. They are the key to persuasion, motivation, and the human experience. Its. This is what gets to us at our very core. This is why we love things like art, music, and film. They appeal to our emotion. Ever watch a movie that you couldn't get into or thought an actor was missing something? It's because the movie and the actor were too logical, too mechanical, and didn't appeal to your emotions. They left you feeling cold. While we all love to be entertained, what really moves us are the films from a director that come from their soul. Or a performance from actor that says "here I am!" If you want something logical, that's what books are for.

Logic will NEVER bring innovation or change. Look at Steve Jobs. He was not a very logical man. But he was a genius. Why? He moved our emotions. He made us want to be apart of be apart of his club. He made us all feel like we belonged somewhere exclusive even though we millions of people use Apple products. He knew that with the right design that he could convey the right emotion.

Having a strong imagination and being creative are also apart of the human experience. And being logical goes against this. A lot of things that are imaginative and creative are not always rational. Most people scoffed at the idea of cars, films, films with sound, films with color, television, the internet, and etc.

If you are too logical you will also not be able to see others perspective. And this a major key to empathy.

Others issues with logic is that it assumes that all problems are reducible to logic. Basically that it only exists in rational terms. Problems with emotional components cannot be solved with rational thinking.

Human thinking is also very limited to the tools that we have at hand. And rational decision making is comparative.

I remember reading one of the latest chapters of Attack on Titan. In it a major thing happen where two characters were on the brink of death and there was a serum that could turn one of them into a titan, have them eat a shifter who betrayed them, and he would live. One guy was the leader who had lost an arm, was in his 30s, while the other was a 15 year old boy genius. The logical decision here would be to bring the leader back to life. Even though the 15 year old boy genius has the potential to surpass him, the leader is already at a point where he can confidently make moves.

But the guy that was given the decision decided to not be so pragmatic about it. He looked at his leader and saw a smile on his face. He was finally about to leave this hell. He remembered how he overhead the 15 year old boy genius speak about how seeing the ocean was his dream. He decided to save the 15 year old boy genius.

He made an emotional decision. If he had went the other way I would have hated the character. But he made a decision that showed that he had heart and warmth.

Isn't this what being human is all about?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Logic will NEVER bring innovation or change. Look at Steve Jobs. He was not a very logical man. But he was a genius. Why? He moved our emotions. He made us want to be apart of be apart of his club. He made us all feel like we belonged somewhere exclusive even though we millions of people use Apple products. He knew that with the right design that he could convey the right emotion.
But it was Woz who used his logic to create the first working product. Steve Jobs would have built a computer out of a picture of Ravi Shankar, a lava lamp, and an ounce of weed. Logic will put you on the path of progression. Functioning solely on emotion leads to the indulgence of whatever's in your immediate vicinity. You will be going in circles trying to find the nearest pleasure. Having a good mix of both will give you a life that will consist of progression and satisfying results. You just need to find the right balance between the both.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are a logical person you don't just flip a switch and become a different person, it doesn't work that way. Unless you want to be seen as a fraud because women will see through this charade very quickly.

No matter what your personality is, you will be able to succeed with a certain type of woman and there are a lot of other factors that come into play.

wolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Feel your way through life as opposed to thinking your way through.

No this does not mean wear your heart on your sleeve and hope you meet your soul mate. It just means if you 'feel' something is off about someone then you keep an arms length distance from them if you must.. otherwise bail!

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you act according to your emotions in the Game you will fail every time barring blind luck
Doesn't the game end with Neil making emotional decisions that got him into an LTR that he really enjoyed?

I'd say as far as "game" goes being able to emotionally

But it was Woz who used his logic to create the first working product. Steve Jobs would have built a computer out of a picture of Ravi Shankar, a lava lamp, and an ounce of weed. Logic will put you on the path of progression. Functioning solely on emotion leads to the indulgence of whatever's in your immediate vicinity. You will be going in circles trying to find the nearest pleasure. Having a good mix of both will give you a life that will consist of progression and satisfying results. You just need to find the right balance between the both.
Woz also said that without Steve there would be no apple.

I think that in certain situations you need to be logical. Critical thinking has gotten me out of a little of trouble. But a lot of us fall into the trap of being logical too much. Your brain can really be your worst enemy as it's only concerned about the short term. I know it's hurt me with some women. I don't believe focusing solely on emotions leads to indulgence. It's all about feeling you're way through life. I think that there are times that you must make logic based decisions. But there are also times that you must make emotional decisions.

I'd say use logic when necessary, but otherwise stay out of your mind.

If you are a logical person you don't just flip a switch and become a different person, it doesn't work that way. Unless you want to be seen as a fraud because women will see through this charade very quickly.

No matter what your personality is, you will be able to succeed with a certain type of woman and there are a lot of other factors that come into play.
You can make the change. Meditation, reading or listening to the power of now, music even helps. Anyone can be anything that they want to be if they put in the effort.

And most women do not like a guy who is strictly logical.

Logic trumps emotion always.
Why do you say that?

Feel your way through life as opposed to thinking your way through.

No this does not mean wear your heart on your sleeve and hope you meet your soul mate. It just means if you 'feel' something is off about someone then you keep an arms length distance from them if you must.. otherwise bail!
There we go you get it. Going with your gut is always the best.

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Because decisions based on emotion are usually rash and not well thought out.
It depends. If I am making a business plan, or going to war then I have to be strategic. But some issues are more emotional in nature and have to be treated on an emotional level. If you get to logical you will come across as cold.

I made a status update on this website back in June of last year saying this:

"First skill through structure, then mastery through abandonment".

It was a Bruce Lee quote.

Looking back on that summer (was awesome :D), I was trying to achieve a new state. Find my real identity.

I believe that game should ultimately be about achieving a more natural state. And in that sense, it's far better than "meditation", or any of that other Buddhist bollocks.

Most people seem to miss out on the value of game, completely. They think it's all about women, and shagging. And I'm sure it is, for the guy that never got laid. But there is more to life, and more value to this game, than that.

Now, I think there is a stage when a man should be completely logical in the game. He should be completely switched on, and aware of all the intricacies. If not, he should be striving to learn them. That is a strength of men, and it should be employed.

But after that, he should allow his nature to bubble back up to the surface. And a new "you" will happen. And it will be more of the real you than you probably have experienced before.
This is interesting. I don't think game is better than meditation. But I do agree it should be able being natural. Just being. Really it's a lot like acting.

When I look back at the women that I've been with, being logical never played in my favor. It was when I was out of my head and going with the flow that I did well. I suppose though when someone starts out they are going to be a bit logical anyway and think things through. As you get more advanced you have to start to feel your way through.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends. If I am making a business plan, or going to war then I have to be strategic. But some issues are more emotional in nature and have to be treated on an emotional level. If you get to logical you will come across as cold.
Like what?

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like what?
A lot of things.

Like choosing whether you should follow you dream and just do the normal thing and go to college, get a nine to five job, and get married and have kids. If you go with logic you will not be happy. If you go with your heart, even if you fail you won't regret it.

I believe that following your heart is a sign of maturity. There really isn't anything good about being in your head.

Other situations include issues with family, friends, work, and things like that. It's better to follow your feelings with that.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of things.

Like choosing whether you should follow you dream and just do the normal thing and go to college, get a nine to five job, and get married and have kids. If you go with logic you will not be happy. If you go with your heart, even if you fail you won't regret it.

I believe that following your heart is a sign of maturity. There really isn't anything good about being in your head.

Other situations include issues with family, friends, work, and things like that. It's better to follow your feelings with that.
Those examples still involve logic. You spend a lot of time deciding, looking at the many factors that go into picking a college. Same with a job.

Before getting married, if you are smart, you will look at the various factors at play before deciding to get married.

Same with how many kids to have such as, if you can afford x number of kids.

All of these are life altering decisions and not something that should be based on how you "feel" at any fleeting moment.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I choose to be logical as much as possible. And associate with logical people as much as possible. However, i also have learned to read people and know if it's generally more logic or more emotion that makes them tick. And then using that sometimes it's necessary to apply a little bit of a emotion to certain situations with people that you are stuck dealing with. The biggest example of that would be at work. To put it another way, I know how to fake it to make it when i have no other alternative.

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its deeper then Logic and emotion Logic is overrated
Agreed. I used to pride myself on being logical. But I don't know how much it's really helped me.

Those examples still involve logic. You spend a lot of time deciding, looking at the many factors that go into picking a college. Same with a job.

Before getting married, if you are smart, you will look at the various factors at play before deciding to get married.

Same with how many kids to have such as, if you can afford x number of kids.

All of these are life altering decisions and not something that should be based on how you "feel" at any fleeting moment.
Not really. Going with your passion is an emotional response. Going the safe route is the logical response.

As for marriage, sadly you need to look at it with logic which is why I probably won't ever get married. Disney sold us on just marrying for love. But that almost never happens.

As for kids, I don't think you should pro create with logic. That doesn't feel right.

I choose to be logical as much as possible. And associate with logical people as much as possible. However, i also have learned to read people and know if it's generally more logic or more emotion that makes them tick. And then using that sometimes it's necessary to apply a little bit of a emotion to certain situations with people that you are stuck dealing with. The biggest example of that would be at work. To put it another way, I know how to fake it to make it when i have no other alternative.
How come you choose to be logical as much as possible? I was that way and perhaps if I wasn't an artist I would have a different attitude about it. But it seems like feeling your way through life just causes less pain..

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Logic is intermediate game, in my experience. It's a necessary part of the process.

No need to "put it down". We are men. We are logical. The guys putting it down are faggots that just haven't got there yet. They should be ignored.

Understand the fvcking game, people. It's a prerequisite to having a decent understanding of the world.
I'd say the truly enlighten people know that there is a time and place to use logic. But overall feel their way through life. Take an acting class, you'll understand a little bit.

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Logic dictates when you should make a logical decision or an emotional one by weighing the pros and cons of each.

kenpiffyjr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The game is knowing it's a game. You can't forget that. The moment you forget you're in a game, the moment you have loss.

If you make emotional decisions, never forget the game is being played. That's the logic of your conscious.

kenpiffyjr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right. I'm talking about someone who still (as it appears) has an internal war within himself about being logical versus emotional.

If I personally could write a step by step to anyone about this red pill thing of ours it's that you first have to recognize its all a game. You have to bring yourself down to a woman's playing field that she's had since the beginning of her time to understand what's going on. What you speak on is very experienced stuff. If the way you speak of could be done naturally at a flip of a switch, I would totally agree. But it's just not possible in majority of men.

kenpiffyjr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically you have to teach basic math before you throw alegebra and physics out there. That's the only thing I see quite a lot around here is men trying to teach very experienced game to men just being woke up. We have to understand that majority of men asking or struggling with these basic issues need to read chapter one first...not chapter 13. Men who are on chapter 13 believe the early chapters are irrelevant because it's like teaching a mechanic what a hammer is when some posters are still wondering what it is , what does it do, and why they can't use a wrench instead.