Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Interesting update about you know who.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I felt I'd right this little update.... which I thought was particularly interesting.

Friday comes along and We are out of work at 3. So my ex's best friend ask me if we were going to get a few beers (she works in the same building as me) - I said yes and that she's welcome to come along.

We hit up a bar - few work colleagues join us for cigars and beers. Great start to the weekend.

Around 5 we move - just myself and my ex's best friend (we will call her Lisa).

We get to talk about the old days - lot's of fun - and we start talking about how we disliked each other at the start - but have become pretty good friends.

Then she talk about my ex's situation and how dumb it is that she's moving out of town for some other guy.

I agree - it's a bad choice either way. She tells me that she knows how stuborn she is, and that no one can talk any sense into her.

Newman - "I really don't care anymore - I'm over it all. To much drama."
Lisa - "Yeah right - your just saying that"
Newman - "No way. I'm telling you - I'd be an idiot to even consider her in any way. It's over for sure - and I feel damn good about it to"

Conversation go on a little longer - but you get the idea.

Fast forward to this morning.... It's 11:05 AM.... My phone at work rings...

Newman "Hi this is Newman"
Ex " Hey there stranger how have you been? how was your 4th?"
Blah blah blah..

Blah blah
Blah
Ex "So I hear your going out for drinks with my friends now eh?"
Newman "Yeah, Lisa and I went out Friday - pretty fun night - why is it against the law?"
Ex "No - I'm just giving you a hard time - you know I like to"
Neman "Well you used to...."
Ex "Funny. So I also hear that your over me"
Newman "Talking to Lisa this morning I see"
Ex "Yeah - she called me. However you fell is fine - you don't have to feel bad about it"
Newman "I don't feel bad about it."
Ex "I'm just giving you a hard time"

Blah blah...

I ended the convo.

I actually left for work feeling great. I could tell it bothered her to hear that.... and it feels good to tell her that I don't give a sh#t....

It was funny though that she should call me today of all days. I know for sure, she called me to fish for information.... she wanted to know if she still held power over me....

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like your ex is pretty immature. Why doesn't she just go about her business now that she has made her choice with the other guy? Its pathetic that she feels its necessary to check up on you to see that you are not over her so she can feed her own ego. That's both immature and insecure. I am glad that you are over her.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Classic American woman B.S.

First off, major props on the textbook DJing. You're to be commended.

Secondly, what's with the beyotch who spilled the info to your ex? Though it worked out OK, that's kind of strange ... then again, it isn't. She's an American broad! (Just listened to some Frank Sinatra last weekend, women for the moment are now chicks and broads.)

Your ex wanted some kind of affirmation that you still cared and were still pining for her -- they love that stuff. They want you to feel down. Good job on not giving her the satisfaction.

Once Captain ****wad and her break-up she'll come crawling back. Let her crawl, but don't get back together.

Good job!

Reaction score
AWWWW geeze Newman your still dealin with that woman? Now you need to let this shyt go and never post on her arse again homie...lol

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Newman, first, it sounds like you are moving on with life in a good postive way about yourself. You give out good advice and are learning the cool stuff about being a man and not a chump. Good job.

However, what bothers me is why you let this ex still stay around in your life? My ex's I had I to deal with because of kids, and I hated every stinking moment I had to talk to them or look them in the eyes. I do not gather you have kids with with woman, so I am just curious why you let this woman call you and nose into your life on a current basis?

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FratAndDiddy
Newman, first, it sounds like you are moving on with life in a good postive way about yourself. You give out good advice and are learning the cool stuff about being a man and not a chump. Good job.

However, what bothers me is why you let this ex still stay around in your life? My ex's I had I to deal with because of kids, and I hated every stinking moment I had to talk to them or look them in the eyes. I do not gather you have kids with with woman, so I am just curious why you let this woman call you and nose into your life on a current basis?
that's probably because you hate the ex's (rightfully most likely), but he doesn't quite have those strong negative feelings i gather.

anyway, NewMan, you must have realized that any info you gave to your ex's friend would quickly find its way back to your ex. it might even be that the two of them were conspiring to elicit some information. obviously the message you conveyed to your ex's friend wasn't strong enough because your ex called you the next day!

i would have said something like, fvck her...she's twisted...a waste of time...dragging me down...immature...other than that she's great!

you wouldn't have gotten a call from her.

and hey, why don't you lay into your ex's friend for immediately passing somewhat confidential info on to your ex. what kind of friend is that? dump HER while you're at it. the two of them are cackling hens.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not gather you have kids with with woman, so I am just curious why you let this woman call you and nose into your life on a current basis?

I understand where you are comming from.

Nothing negative happened between us. There was no other guy - no cheating - no bad breakup.

She wanted to get married I didn't.

She took the smart route and wanted to break up.

I spent a long time with her - lived with her - and care about her still.

I have no regrets about what happened or my decision.

I made the mistake of contacting her after the breakup in order to start going out again.... That opened the door.

She was reluctant, because I think she thought it was a waste of her time - considering she wanted to get married.

So we ended up playing a lot of smoke and mirrors.

I finally realised that breaking up was the best thing to do - for both of us. It did take some time - but I've finally come to that realisation.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Standard Operating Procedure for me after a break up, once I gain enough strength to enter the "anger phase", I PURGE everything of hers: the phone number, pictures, EVERYTHING. And afterwards this is very little contact if any. No LJBF or anything like that. That is best way to just move things along and done with it once and for all. Easier said than done, but once you do it, its better....they'll be no games or crap like that afterwards. I learned from a breakup of my first major LTR and watching other friends end up going through the post-breakup BS and the trouble it can cause.

bbc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Classic American woman B.S.

Originally posted by WestCoaster

Your ex wanted some kind of affirmation that you still cared and were still pining for her -- they love that stuff. They want you to feel down.
Why do you think she wants him to feel down? What is it - kinda emotional revenge? I am not sure he hurt her.