Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Inspirational Lord of the Rings

Boono11

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched the Fellowship of the Ring the other day and for some reason i was listening for quotes and examples that i thought were inspirational. That movie just gives me a great feeling of inspiration. First take for instance this quote said by Borimir.

"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing."

This really makes me think. Why do we always suffer fear and doubt over all the little things. This just makes us just always doubt things and makes us afraid to even attempt things that we think we are going to fail at. Take for instance: Some people on this forum post things like, I know this girl, Blah blah blah, i talked to her but she moved her fingers. does this mean she doesn't like me? you get yourself all excited or nervous over such small a thing. You can't relax cause all you are thinking about is every little thing. Say you are watching TV, if you think that the phone sitting over there on the table thinks that you are a dumb A$$ then you won't be able to watch your show. I challenge all of you to stop worrying about ever little thing and just take time to enjoy life.

Next, Frodo is sitting there talking to Gandalf and he says:

"I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

Then Gandalf Says:

"So do all who live to see such times, but it is not for them to decided. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Don't worry about all of your burdens and set backs, this only puts more worry and stress on you. If you look to the good things in life you will be more fufilled and be happy. If you ever get into a situation where you just feel like nothing is right and good, all you have to do is think about all of the good that there is in this world. Don't look at the bad. It only makes the bad worse. Use what time you have in your life to do what you want to do, be what you what to be and to have the best possible time, even with all of you burdens and setbacks. The reason we have all of these burdens or weakness are to turn them into strengths. Some of the best advice i have ever gotten is Don't give up! Keep on trying untill the last possible moment, and even after that last moment don't give up![/b You don't want to die feeling like your life was wasted. Use your life to do good. Be Happy. One of the best ways to make youself happy is to love youself for who you are no matter what weakness you have. If you are struggling with finding true love, the only way to do it is to truly love yourself. People who love themselfs love other people.

Lastly, TRUST your friends. They will help you greatly. If you trust them, they will trust you. The keyword here is trust. If you don't trust your friends they won't trust you. The trust needs to be strong. If the trust is too weak then your friends could hurt you.

Take for instance in the fellowship of the ring: Every member of the fellowship had that trust that they would go with each other till the end. Everyone except Borimir. He let an outside force break his trust. This proves that he wouldn't have gone to the end. Aragorn is the perfect example of a trustworthy friend. He says :If by my life or death I can protect you... I will. You have my sword. He protects his friends no matter what the consequence. Also you need to know when to let them go. well i hope that you enjoyed my post. Please leave comments. thanks

Always remeber "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"

Boono11

a denial

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I Totally agree with that!
I watched the second film yesterday...and that bought me out of a six month depression..damn it was good.
One of the bits where Aragorn asks Eowyn " do you fear death?"
she answers "not death only a cage".

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed the media can be an excelent sourse of inspiration.

I just saw two towers the other day too. Good film. Pretty much anything with serious attitude, I find inspirational.

And speaking about attitude: If you guys have a file sharing program (like Kazaa), check out the song "Strictly Business" by Kuris Mantronik. It really hypes me up. It's sort of a Dance Floor/Hip Hop song. The beat's super heavy and really make me feels empowered. Give it a chance, it might not be everyones type of music, but some the lyrics are way way cool. I'm the sort of person that listens to a lot of Eurodance and Club Songs (Some of those Dance Dance Revolution Mixes are really inspirational for me as well...).

- Maurizio

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally hate LotR for some reason... fell asleep halfway through the first one, and I'm definately not seeing the new one unless someone pays for me.

..Anyway, the post makes good points :)

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wish you had put more quotes D:.
anyways a denial u missed the impoirtant part of the quote from the second movie.
I forget exactly what it is but she says she doesnt fear death she fears a cage where she is destined her whole life and cannot do anything......... it made me think about staying in your comfort level your whole life and not doing any of the things that you want to do.

-Boogerman-

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that those qoutes enlighted me a little. Good ones you have put together.

Saw the second movie. It was awesome, the battle of Helmgart was the best battle I have ever seen! Sad they made Gimli so comical. You can see the ultimate AFC in him, or at least a little. He entertain the woman with the nice ass but she likes another. Don't want to spoil the movie for you anymore. Just being funny will not get you into anything... except friendship that is.

a denial

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah....
i know my **** on this.....i read just about every tolkien book out there 10 times.
But now i'm depressed again...

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I refuse to see that damned movie. A bunch of sissy quotes are not going to inspire me. It's a movie about a dark warlord ( wow, original ) and a magical ring. Oh great. And the movie is too damn long, and it's not awesome. It's boring. If you want a good movie, watch Army of Darkness starring Bruce Campbell. Or get Air Force One starring Harrison Ford. THOSE are REAL movies.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by whatsupwiddat
I refuse to see that damned movie. A bunch of sissy quotes are not going to inspire me. It's a movie about a dark warlord ( wow, original ) and a magical ring. Oh great. And the movie is too damn long, and it's not awesome. It's boring. If you want a good movie, watch Army of Darkness starring Bruce Campbell. Or get Air Force One starring Harrison Ford. THOSE are REAL movies.

Finally! Another Real Man speaks up against that aweful movie!

CaptainSlinky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys would think a lot different if you took your heads out of your asses and actually saw the movie.

And hell yeah its original, it's the other thousands of stories about magical rings and "dark warlord" that aren't, this baby is the original that started a genre.

DaRat

Reaction score
Havent posted here in forever..

But the Lord of the Rings is one of the greatest movies ever. And it's much more original than most movies out there.. Its so damn good

And at least its not harry potter

Dj Deity

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha like fred... and whatup... I hated the first movie, too. It was completely boring and i allmost fell asleep too, and my ass hurt at the end.
BUT
the second movie is completely different!!! It was probably the best movie i saw this year! the reason i saw it after the first movie was cuz i am a 'very open to ideas/things' type of person. My friends were talkin about how good it was and how so and so had allready seen it so many times. I never want to sound stupid or be ignorant, so i decided to see it with them the next time they saw it (2 weeks ago), at first i was planing on dissin all of the movie, and be able to back it up with parts from the movie, hehe. but it ended up being reallly tyte! it also made me want to play Warcraft III as the elf peeps, for some reason, lol.
My girlfriend hasen't seen it and always says she want's to, she even got me a gift certificate to the movie theater for christmas. so... i plan on seein it again w/ her... **peace** :D

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainSlinky, I DID see the first movie.

Deity, can you follow the 2nd movie without having seen the 1st one? ..I won't see it at the theater unless I go with a girl, but if the battles are good, I'll check it out when it's out on VHS.

Dj Deity

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm... like i said i almost fell asleep... now that i think abou it, as long as you know the general drift of the story then it's really cool. such as why they are doing what they are doing. but i think you will pick up on it, they refer to the last movie a couple times at the beginin of LOTR: TT, so you will know what happened, just not the details.
if you find yourself to be bored sometime soon why don't you ask one of your friends how the movie ended... get it? **peace**

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you know what whatsupwiddat? you need to shut up and read that article here on insults on one of the first two pages of posts i think it is. it would do you some serious good. i have yet to find you post something helpful and nice to someone. that'll be the day. you definitely fit into the "jerk" category. one who's full of crap and never does anything nice. they may get girls, but the girls spend a few days with them at most and find out what scumbags they are, then they leave them.

anyway, i think this was a pretty great post boono. great quotes from a great movie.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by kevbo
you know what whatsupwiddat? you need to shut up and read that article here on insults on one of the first two pages of posts i think it is. it would do you some serious good. i have yet to find you post something helpful and nice to someone. that'll be the day. you definitely fit into the "jerk" category. one who's full of crap and never does anything nice. they may get girls, but the girls spend a few days with them at most and find out what scumbags they are, then they leave them.

anyway, i think this was a pretty great post boono. great quotes from a great movie.
Are you from a totalitarian regime? You sure sound like it. If WUWD doesn't like a movie --and I didn't like it either-- then it's our right to say it. If you don't like us stating our opinion, you can go back playing with yourself, get it?

Alo G

Don Juan
Reaction score
"no no no, FROOOODOOOO!!!!!!"

funny as hell how he says that at the end of part 1 while he's running after frodo.

Boono11

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wudd and Fred, you guys aren't getting the point of my post. I didn't want people to just look at the titile and base their reply on Lord of the rings. DID YOU EVEN READ IT? I think that this contains some pretty inspirational content. What you did was look at the title, read the article, and didn't even take the meaning of the words. you saw that it was about lord of the rings and thought "How could this stuff be good, it came from lord of the rings." I suggest that you read the article again and then think about what it all actually is saying.

BYE

PS. I could care less if you liked the movie or not.

Boono11

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry fred, I didn' really notice that on your first reply. I kinda was hoping this post would go a different way and not become an argument about wheather or not LOTR is a good movie or not. i simply wanted people to look at all of the inspirational thing we can learn from the story, character relationships, Character personalities, ect. I am sorry if i offended you. The reason i wrote what i wrote was cause of this

Are you from a totalitarian regime? You sure sound like it. If WUWD doesn't like a movie --and I didn't like it either-- then it's our right to say it. If you don't like us stating our opinion, you can go back playing with yourself, get it?

Now that i think about it i think it was more directed towards wudd. he didn't even really say anyhthing about the post. he just started bashing the movie, not even looking at the content, so wudd could you please take another look at my post. i'm sure you will find something useful in it. Oh well, i'm not gonna fight this. Fred you only got dragged by this comment, sorry.

Please take another look at it, i'm sure you'll find something useful