Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Indifference: Your strongest weapon

Sociopath31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was listening to loveline, and learned an important lesson from Adam Corolla which struck a bell in my head. In between the ranting and flatulating, he says some brilliant things.

He told a story of how he was in a stand-up benefit years earlier. A guy was talking to him, said a comedian named Andy Kimler does a bit called the "State of the Union" in which he bashes Adam Corolla pretty hard every year. Adam, without thinking, replied,

"Who's Andy Kimler?"

In retrospect, he realized this was the best thing he could have said, because there is nothing better than a guy who has it in for you, and you don't even know the guy. That's when you know you've hit it big.

Well, I applied this to what I know about social interactions, and it turns out to be true. Your confidence is defined in the subliminal mind as semi-emotionless, unangerable, and able to handle any situation.

If there is a problem, and people see you not worrying, they are intrigued. If a girl rejects or dumps you, and you don't care, it raises their interest by 5000%. If a guy insults you, who cares? You are better than him.

And that's the beauty of indifference. Nothing rattles you. You are in control.

------------------
"That girl looks so good... NEXT!"

~Gangstarr

Neophyte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This tip was overlooked way too much. So I'll give it a bump while updating the DJB.

-Neo

Sociopath31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lord of the Pants:
Input? I dig dadeo. Indifference is good, just don't let it progress to apathy.
How the F does indifference progress into apathy?

Indifference - Not caring
Apathy - Caring

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally quoted by SocioPath31:
If there is a problem, and people see you not worrying, they are intrigued. If a girl rejects or dumps you, and you don't care, it raises their interest by 5000%. If a guy insults you, who cares? You are better than him.

Now WTF is this? This is the dumbest thing I had ever heard since I became a moderator here. Only an AFC is a guy that is willing to let others walk all over them when others insult him badly and yet he keeps quiet!

Man, SocioPath31, you might want to reconsider your post again before posting. And btw, this is still a piece of dumbest thing here .

cynetix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sociopath31:
How the F does indifference progress into apathy?

Indifference - Not caring
Apathy - Caring
You need to look up apathy in a dictionary.

a-pathy: without emotion (like a-sexual, get it?)
em-pathy and sym-pathy are very different.

cynetix

cynetix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IntermediateDonJuaner:
Originally quoted by SocioPath31:

Now WTF is this? This is the dumbest thing I had ever heard since I became a moderator here. Only an AFC is a guy that is willing to let others walk all over them when others insult him badly and yet he keeps quiet!

Man, SocioPath31, you might want to reconsider your post again before posting. And btw, this is still a piece of dumbest thing here .

IDJ, there is a difference between letting other people walk all over you, while you are complacent, and not letting something faze you if you know you don't deserve to be fazed.

If someone is trying to upset you, indifference can be a powerful tool. You know you are better than them and thus don't even have to acknowledge their presence. You do not have to stoop to their level to prove anything because of confidence.

If someone to whom you have some obligation challenges you and threatens to take away your control, you need to stand your ground. This is what you are talking about. And also realize that it is NOT AFC to decide that the conflict is not even worth your time, and walk away.

The person with inner strength knows how to differentiate between such situations. He/she knows what to do. Need I say that all DJs must first have inner strength?

cynetix

cynetix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sociopath31:
Input?
This tip is all right, but it's not that great. Rather than calling indifference "your strongest weapon" it would more precisely be described as "another weapon in the confidence arsenal." You shouldn't be indifferent all the time. In relationships, the DJ will know under what circumstances to give all semblance of not caring. It can indeed be powerful, but the DJ needs to distinguish when.

It should be said, however, that showing TOO much care can sometimes be AFCish. You should definitely be there for your girl you've been dating for a year and make her soup or bring her flowers if she runs a fever, but no one should shower a woman with gifts to raise interest level--only to maintain it.

cynetix

[This message has been edited by cynetix (edited 12-28-2001).]

Vatican

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A cool guy and a loser sit down.

Loser: You bastard! You son of a *****! blah blah blah blah... blah blah... blah blah blah blah blah!

Cool guy: dum de dum dee dum...

Loser: blah blah blah

Cool guy: dum de dum duum dum...

Loser: blah blah BLAH blah blah!...

Cool guy: Are you finished?

Loser's head explodes.

The end.

Sociopath31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cynetix:
You need to look up apathy in a dictionary.

a-pathy: without emotion (like a-sexual, get it?)
em-pathy and sym-pathy are very different.

cynetix
Sorry, I have down syndrome

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SocioPath31 needs to learn English. He doesn't put the topic in the correct way and it makes many of us misunderstood his meaning.

Man this is lame!

And Cynetix,

This is what you replied :

IDJ, there is a difference between letting other people walk all over you, while you are complacent, and not letting something faze you if you know you don't deserve to be fazed.

If someone is trying to upset you, indifference can be a powerful tool. You know you are better than them and thus don't even have to acknowledge their presence. You do not have to stoop to their level to prove anything because of confidence.

If someone to whom you have some obligation challenges you and threatens to take away your control, you need to stand your ground. This is what you are talking about. And also realize that it is NOT AFC to decide that the conflict is not even worth your time, and walk away.

The person with inner strength knows how to differentiate between such situations. He/she knows what to do. Need I say that all DJs must first have inner strength?

cynetix

Now tell me, are you going to be a real dumbass ignoring those people that are doing their best to irritate you and then make you upset.? You must be kinda patient.

Anyway, you should know that these people are doing all these because they wanted to make you feel and look bad. If you can suggest other ways for us to play it cool so that we will emerge looking good despite of their efforts to make us feel and look bad,then DO IT!

Have a nice day!

WildThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IntermediateDonJuaner:
Now tell me, are you going to be a real dumbass ignoring those people that are doing their best to irritate you and then make you upset.? You must be kinda patient.
Not patient. Cool.

The Cool Guy doesn't waste energy on people who are trying to get in his face. It's beneath his dignity to do so.

Not only that, but it's a waste of time too.

Some people are trolls in real life, just like on the Internet. They want your time and energy. They want you to react. They want to be noticed.

Come to think of it, a lot of chicks are like this too.

So what does Cool Guy do? Nothing. If someone is worth noticing, he notices them. If they're not, he doesn't waste any time on them.

That's the difference between Cool Guy and AFC Guy. AFC Guy not only notices them, but either tries to do something about it and fails, or can't get it up enough to even try.

Or to put it simply - if you're Cool Guy, no one jerks you around on a string. Doesn't matter if it's a chick, or that fat guy by the bar, or your boss, or worst enemy.

If you're AFC guy, *everyone* jerks you around on a string. They know that if they yank that chain you will dance for them like the puppet you are.

See the difference?

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WildThang:
Not patient. Cool.

The Cool Guy doesn't waste energy on people who are trying to get in his face. It's beneath his dignity to do so.

Not only that, but it's a waste of time too.

Some people are trolls in real life, just like on the Internet. They want your time and energy. They want you to react. They want to be noticed.

Come to think of it, a lot of chicks are like this too.

So what does Cool Guy do? Nothing. If someone is worth noticing, he notices them. If they're not, he doesn't waste any time on them.

That's the difference between Cool Guy and AFC Guy. AFC Guy not only notices them, but either tries to do something about it and fails, or can't get it up enough to even try.

Or to put it simply - if you're Cool Guy, no one jerks you around on a string. Doesn't matter if it's a chick, or that fat guy by the bar, or your boss, or worst enemy.

If you're AFC guy, *everyone* jerks you around on a string. They know that if they yank that chain you will dance for them like the puppet you are.

See the difference?
WildThang, I am very fascinated by the way you addressed your opinions.

You are now trying to tell me that a Cool-Guy will always be patient when someone tries to irritate or put them down. That's very stupid!. Patient has it's limit you know.

Once they had crossed the border, you must do something. Otherwise, they will continue doing it without stopping. You should know that these people are doing these because they wanted to make you feel or look bad to others. Now tell me, what will you do to make yourself emerge looking-good if someone insults you to make you look bad to others?

Don't you know that if you feel bad, it will show in your facial expression. And that's not good. I wanted to know how you will feel when you're insulted by others. Although, you might act as if nothing has happened, deep inside you, you will probably be badly hurt.

Know yourself,WildThang .

ScarFaceOI

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey IDJ, this is like teh 10th bashing in a row by you on different threads, you need too cool down, o, and you have called about 3 posts "The worst post ever" so far, and by worst, doesn't it mean, ahem, 1?

Anyway, its not leting them walk all over you, you don't seem to grasp the concept, let me explane:

You, being an @sshole, start making fun of an AFC... how about... "Bashful"... by talking loudly, so he can hear, to your friend:

IDJ - "Hey friend, isn't Bashful a LOSER, oh my god, blablablablabla"

Bashful(being an AFC) - <stands there, TRYING to be indifferant, by standign there pretending not to hear, but his facial expression keeps changing to sadder and sadder>

Seing this IDJ keeps going - "Ya, u should have seen him, he tried to aproach sindy, the new secratary, but he chickend out and just asked her for a pen, and went back to his cubical!"

Bashful - <very sad, a tad angry, but inside he admits to himself that he did chicken out, and he deserves to be made fun of, and goes on with his day, moping>

See that is an AFC, now let me show you what socio is talking about:

You being an @sshole, start making fun of the new co-worker, ScarFaceOI... jsut for the sake of being an @sshole:

IDJ - "Hey friend, isn't ScarFaceOI a LOSER, oh my god, blablablablabla"

Me - <hears you, and I laugh to myself knowing I cna get better ass than you anyday, I hav ea better job, and I drive a better car, so I stay at my cubicle and my face doesn't change at all, like stone>

You, being an @sshole, who ususally gets responses when you make fun of people - "<louder this time> What is he, the new ganitor, BAHAHAHHAHAHA"

Me - <walks up, like stone, as if I haven't herd anything, smiling at you>"Hey IDJ, the boss wanted to see you, beter hurry up, me and him were goin out for lunch at 1 oclock... see ya round."<walks away>

See the differance? Good day to you all, especially IDJ, you crappy mod you =]!

------------------
Don Juan
ScarFaceOI
ScarFaceOI@greatestgamers.com

The DJ Bible ~or~ The High School Don Juan Bible

“Low there do I see my Father. Low there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers. Low there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning. They bid me, take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live, forever!”
–Norseman Prayer

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ScarFaceOI:
Hey IDJ, this is like teh 10th bashing in a row by you on different threads, you need too cool down, o, and you have called about 3 posts "The worst post ever" so far, and by worst, doesn't it mean, ahem, 1?

Now what are you talking about? I don't want to start an arguement here but you've been trying to flame me a few times. GROW UP!

Anyway, its not leting them walk all over you, you don't seem to grasp the concept, let me explane:

You, being an @sshole, start making fun of an AFC... how about... "Bashful"... by talking loudly, so he can hear, to your friend:

IDJ - "Hey friend, isn't Bashful a LOSER, oh my god, blablablablabla"

Bashful(being an AFC) - <stands there, TRYING to be indifferant, by standign there pretending not to hear, but his facial expression keeps changing to sadder and sadder>

Seing this IDJ keeps going - "Ya, u should have seen him, he tried to aproach sindy, the new secratary, but he chickend out and just asked her for a pen, and went back to his cubical!"

Bashful - <very sad, a tad angry, but inside he admits to himself that he did chicken out, and he deserves to be made fun of, and goes on with his day, moping>

Yeah so? Tell me how are you going to emerge yourself looking good to others when someone tries to bring you down. Some are good actors and they can hide their sadness but some are lousy actors. So tell everyone here how are you gonna make yourself look good when you're insulted? Pls explain.

See that is an AFC, now let me show you what socio is talking about:

You being an @sshole, start making fun of the new co-worker, ScarFaceOI... jsut for the sake of being an @sshole:

IDJ - "Hey friend, isn't ScarFaceOI a LOSER, oh my god, blablablablabla"

Me - <hears you, and I laugh to myself knowing I cna get better ass than you anyday, I hav ea better job, and I drive a better car, so I stay at my cubicle and my face doesn't change at all, like stone>

You, being an @sshole, who ususally gets responses when you make fun of people - "<louder this time> What is he, the new ganitor, BAHAHAHHAHAHA"

Me - <walks up, like stone, as if I haven't herd anything, smiling at you>"Hey IDJ, the boss wanted to see you, beter hurry up, me and him were goin out for lunch at 1 oclock... see ya round."<walks away>
Grow up kid, you do not know how to flame others and don't even think of learning. It will only make you look stupid probably like an AFC . The worst you will become is KFC(Kentucky Fried Chicken).

See the differance? Good day to you all, especially IDJ
Hey,Same to you too!

you crappy mod you =]!
My Compliments!

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IDJ, how old are you?

Just curious.

Buzz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good to me.. its a great weapon in relationships with people. If you treat a woman like you are indifferent to her and others it does increase her interest level.

But I would also be careful to not let this progress to being lazy and just making up excuses to not do anything.

-Buzz