Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If a woman refused to give her number but asked for yours instead..Would you give it?

Simple Poll..Give your number or next her?

• Yes

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 75.6%

• Total voters

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman refused to give her number but asked for yours instead..Would you give it?

or

Would you refuse to give your number and next her?

I know this goes against the DJ principle that we rarely give our own number out, and we should always go for the woman's home number instead.

But, an interesting point was made on another thread. If you ask a woman for her number and she would rather have your number instead of giving her's...then, if the woman is asking for your number, wouldn't her IL have to be (at least) moderately high?

I know the pitfalls of giving your number and not getting her's are plenty:

-Ball is in her court.
-You're waiting on her.
-She could forget/lose the number.
-You give up control of the situation.

But, I think back on my AFC days where I would often give my number out to the woman. But honestly, I can't think of one time where she didn't call me back with-in a week to set up a date.

I think getting her number is objective number one. But, if she asks for my number instead and she's an HB9 with high IL, I'd be hard pressed to refuse giving my number and nexting her.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see the harm in it giving it - though this isn't my prefered tactic. Of course I wouldn't count on hearing from her.

Eyecandie4ya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend any male give a female his number due to the simple fact that most women "know" that they will not call you when you do it. In a situation of that matter, tell the woman that your mother informed you that when a female ask for a man number who she just met, 9 times out of 10 she will not call him. Most of them will tell you that this is true.

Too many of them have phones of their own and would love for someone who they have high interest in to call them. Plus that stuff seems like it only work with chicks under 20 who don't know what they want anyway.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EC's right I wouldn't even bother giving my number. Maybe having a smooth way around that counter number close would be kinda money tho'

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I give it anyway.....chances are shes not goign to call you!!!! But, you have nothing to lose if you do give i to her.

tomyv

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, why not

I think it's a terrible idea, but that's how I got my ex who I dated for 7 years. She just simply didn't give out her number, but called me the next day. So it is possible, but usually not probable!

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, but in semi-similar situation I've forced a swap by calling my cell from hers - we both have 'em then.

Only did it when thought she might be interested despite not giving me hers. Next in 90% of situs.

dionysius_d

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IL

No.. she may have NO interest level.

She may be scared to refuse.. and just wants to keep things happy for now.. then the number will go into the bin. She may hate confrontations..

I would not give a number also, since I dislike people invading my time at their convenience.. also I forget who people (that i met once) .

Reaction score
Yes. It's better for her to show attraction by calling me first anyways. I used to give out my number first and tell them to call me now I do both.

It's a numbers game.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I give them my number I usually get them to text my phone from theirs on the spot. Otherwise I don't think a girl has ever called me back. It is our job after all :)

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer definitely depends on the situation. This is another reason why I sort of play the "friends" card by making sure that she doesn't feel like I'm trying to get into her pants or something. The aura you have to generate is that you don't care whether she will give you her number, because you have a lot of them anyways (indifference) but it would still be nice if she did.

Now, if the situation is that you're approaching a girl cold, then you will not get her number as easily unless she's attracted to you physically. That's why you don't go up to a girl you don't know and ask her for her number right away. Make sure you develop some rapport before you do it.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, I voted no before considering.

If a woman says, "how about you give me your number?" I will say, "only if you will call... I hate wasting time on little games." and I will give my number to the woman...

HOWEVER, when I give a woman my number, it is as good as getting shot down in my books, so I don't expect to get a call from this woman... simple as that.

If she calls, I will try to set up a date, but also the date will be made and kept with skepticism that the woman won't show up.

Healer

Don Juan
Reaction score
sometimes when I get numbers from chicks, I dont ever bother calling them back, cause I know I will see them again in person.

This works, in getting them to pursue you.

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No.

You aren't asking her for her number anyway. Your telling her to give it to you. If she refuses, thats her loss, NEXT.

If she had a high IL she would have no problem giving it to you. There might be a very few circumstances or situations where there is an exception to this rule... but, let her bathe in the regret of not giving you her number when she had the chance :)

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would give it out....but only because I believe that in 90% of cases that you have nothing to lose by giving it.

If she won't let you have her number, chances are she doesn't wanna do you, but on the off chance that she might not like to give it out or doesn't actually know it (i have seen this before :D) it's worth giving it.

Basically it's like LJBF, if you've heard this then you might as well give the number, you have nothing to lose, she might call you but probably not, don't hold your breath, but if she does then you might get lucky from it.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
I was out at a bar/pub a few weeks ago and met a girl who tried the "Give me your number instead" routine.

I said "sure"

As I was writing my name/number on a ****tail napkin, I said "I changed my mind" and crumpled up the napkin right in front of her and threw it in the trash can behind the bar.

The look on her face was priceless.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see any problem with giving a girl your number, but honestly, I've never been refused a number before. I think as long as you don't come off as a total creep, you'll get it. To me, it's not that big an issue, but most guys go about it as though they are hot sh*t when they're not, and will get shot down.

Be careful all you DJs out there who overdo the "I'm the prize" charade.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No.
As you have learned here, its a male thing to do, calling, making the move, etc.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's absolutely nothing to lose by giving out your number. You ask a girl for her number, and she doesn't want to give it to you for whatever reason. So then she asks for yours instead. If you say yes, she may call you, and something may come of it. And if she calls you, that will definitely tell you she was interested enough to put some effort into it. If she doesn't call you, who cares?

But what can you possibly gain by not giving a girl your phone number when she asks for it?

I think a lot of guys here wouldn't give their phone numbers because they don't want to face overt rejection. If they don't give their number, then the girl didn't call because he didn't give her his number. But if he DOES give her number, and she didn't call, it's because she's rejecting him.