Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I want to be muscular!

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In University year one, I used to get down on all fours and do 40 wide-arm pushups each night before showering (I was in halls so the shower was right next to me).

It helped! I got small, but at the very least, slightly larger chest. I watch programs and see brown men take off their shirts with massive arms and BIG chest. What I am trying to do is this: I have a few "acne scars" which are not THE most evident but somewhat degrade my naked image. My face is OK, and I am working on stopping new acne appearing on my back and chest. In the meantime I want to build up this area and upper body.

So, what I am asking for? To summarise, I would ask how do I do this, assuming I don't have a tonne of equipment in my room? (I live in a house now!)

If I had only my arms and legs to exercise with (err, any part of my body for that matter) and the floor, how could I build myself up?

• How long would it take?
  • How much effort would be required each night?

Thanks in advance men, I don't know what to expect now that I have crossed the line into the Health and Fitness forum!

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
on the floor?? keep dreaming. join a gym. and read my guide to bulking up.

Bones

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Brown men" have higher testosterone levels

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bones:
"Brown men" have higher testosterone levels
Probably. I've been monitoring replies to this post, and I had a quick look in DIESEL's body building post. I'm a complete newbie with most of the terms (ie "Reps") but will start working out in the gym methinks.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Repetitions.

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smooth as Anything:
Repetitions.
Thanks ... thats 1/100!

Me and a gal called Kathryn are going to go to the gym three times a week now starting Monday.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just some things Ive found out along the way that may or may not be helpful

1. Dont be intimidated, everybody has to start somewhere. This isnt as true anymore since a lot more people are getting to the gym, but if you see someone benching 275 and you are there with 20 lbs, its no big deal. Nobody else cares what you are doing

2. Dont just look around at what everybody else is doing and mimic it. Do some research, talk to a trainer, get a plan together

3. The intensity you felt that first week in the gym, should be maintained every week you go in. You do this by gradually increasing weights and mixing it up. Dont fall into the trap of the same old routine, same old weights.

4. Try to work out in the morning or during lunchtime, not at night like you mentioned.

Anyways, good luck

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 10-26-2002).]

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I've done one gym session so far, with lifting that big bar weighty thing (see, I'm clueless!) while laying on a bench. It did me quite a bit of good. It could be in my mind but I think there's already a difference, even today one whole day after the session. I'm trying to deny it - it shouldnt happen that quick.

Nonetheless, I will continue to work on myself and get what I want.

Just a question: My friend keeps telling me to drink lots and lots of milk and I don't really know why. Is this a good idea?

Nick

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Milk is good because it is a great source of protein, although you probably dont need to drink "lots and lots" of it. Since it is a dairy source and too much can be fattening, basically eat a lot of protien from a variety of sources, including milk, and youll be fine.

Consider getting some whey and mix it into your milk to turn it into a protein shake.