Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I seem to care more about dating than my career...

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends...I used to think working long hours to get ahead was the way to go...had an entire year where I averaged 65-70 hours a week and then for 10+ years worked 55ish hours a week.

Know what I found out once I started working as a software engineer and worked 40 hours max and made significantly more money?

All that extra time at work isn't worth it to me. All that time trying to get ahead but you lose time which is far more valuable than money. No matter how much money you have the one thing you can never get back is time.

The bum on the street with no money panhandling has the exact same amount of time in a day as the rich dude living on a yacht...and nobody is promised anything so planning for a time 30 years out that may never come isn't all it's cracked up to be either.
A true workoholic generally doesn't value leisure time much. They get things out of working that overcome the appeal of leisure. I don't get it. I need liesure time to recoup from the stress of work and to justify doing most types of work to myself.

Some traits I've noticed in workoholics(one or more traits):

1. Autistic desire for dopamine from repetitive activities.
2. Autistic view of money/greed/hoarding mindset, i e money for its own sake rather than seeing it just as what it can buy.
3. Narcissistic drive to obtained power and success at any cost,
4. Narcissistic drive to get attention and validation, and co-workers/clients can be a good source of that.
5. Relationship addiction: replacing your personal interests and desires with your partner. So you don't want to do anything other than what she wants, so there's no need for time off for your own interests. Ditto Family addiction: providing for children supercedes your autonomy.
6. Fear of failure/goal orientation/frog in boiling pot management pressure: the fear of career loss or setback and a long term view of goals. This was why I fell into workoholism briefly, although once you realize that your reward for working long hours now is even longer hours later, you won't last long without the prior 5 motivators.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A true workoholic generally doesn't value leisure time much. They get things out of working that overcome the appeal of leisure. I don't get it. I need liesure time to recoup from the stress of work and to justify doing most types of work to myself.

Some traits I've noticed in workoholics(one or more traits):

1. Autistic desire for dopamine from repetitive activities.
2. Autistic view of money/greed/hoarding mindset, i e money for its own sake rather than seeing it just as what it can buy.
3. Narcissistic drive to obtained power and success at any cost,
4. Narcissistic drive to get attention and validation, and co-workers/clients can be a good source of that.
5. Relationship addiction: replacing your personal interests and desires with your partner. So you don't want to do anything other than what she wants, so there's no need for time off for your own interests. Ditto Family addiction: providing for children supercedes your autonomy.
6. Fear of failure/goal orientation/frog in boiling pot management pressure: the fear of career loss or setback and a long term view of goals. This was why I fell into workoholism briefly, although once you realize that your reward for working long hours now is even longer hours later, you won't last long without the prior 5 motivators.

Im listening. What is your input on young women 20s early 30s who take their full time job religiously seriously to the bone? Alright I get it the bills don't pay themselves but man they be breathing that sh1t.
With the girls Im chillin with right now I notice that's what is on their minds the most. Work BS and gossip from work. They both hold supervisor/manager positions. One at the airport for TSA and the other at logistics at an Amazon plant.
Sometimes they ask for my guidance and advice. I counsel them with my wisdom then derail the convo to something else.
I feel like when they with me they try to unplug from that but at the same time I would not want to girlfriend a woman who all her mental capacity and exhaustion goes towards a corporation where she is just a number.
The best girl I ever had ran her own small business. No punching in. No male coworkers. No drama.
She was very committed to our relationship.

Last edited:

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im listening. What is your input on young women 20s early 30s who take their full time job religiously seriously to the bone? Alright I get it the bills don't pay themselves but man they be breathing that sh1t.
With the girls Im chillin with right now I notice that's what is on their minds the most. Work BS and gossip from work. They both hold supervisor/manager positions. One at the airport for TSA and the other at logistics at an Amazon plant.
Sometimes they ask for my guidance and advice. I counsel them with my wisdom then derail the convo to something else.
I feel like when they with me they try to unplug from that but at the same time I would not want to girlfriend a woman who all her mental capacity and exhaustion goes towards a corporation where she is just a number.
The best girl I ever had ran her own small business. No punching in. No male coworkers. No drama.
She was very committed to our relationship.
I don't have any input because I don't even understand how those women are dateable. They take things too seriously and we would have a major personality clash right away. I tend to not get along with people that take themselves too seriously.