Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I don't believe in the American dream or any other country's equivalent. How do I get a fire under my ass?

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a pretty jaded guy.. with people, systems, rulesets, you name it. I have no intention of changing that about myself and dumbing myself down. I'm above lying to myself that things aren't ****.

That being said, I won't deny that it's causing me to sabotage my professional life pretty seriously.

Putting forth the slightest amount of effort at a job makes me feel stupid.. like I'm fighting for something that's not gonna get me anywhere because social mobility is a lie save for ungodly strokes of luck.

Not gonna happen.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have passions?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There never was any "American Dream", it's combination of Hollywood fabrication and the destruction of Europe after WWII boosting the American economy to a brief and unsustainable level of success.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I'm a pretty jaded guy.. with people, systems, rulesets, you name it. I have no intention of changing that about myself and dumbing myself down. I'm above lying to myself that things aren't ****.

That being said, I won't deny that it's causing me to sabotage my professional life pretty seriously.

Putting forth the slightest amount of effort at a job makes me feel stupid.. like I'm fighting for something that's not gonna get me anywhere because social mobility is a lie save for ungodly strokes of luck.

Not gonna happen.
You're lazy. Life is too easy for you. No worries, you're in good company in your generation. You can change it, but you really want to have something inside you change it. Do you live by yourself, roommates or your parents?

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
You're lazy. Life is too easy for you. No worries, you're in good company in your generation. You can change it, but you really want to have something inside you change it. Do you live by yourself, roommates or your parents?
By myself.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Not gonna happen.
Good luck with an attitude like that. Destined for welfare status.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late

Not gonna happen.
So you don't want to work hard because you wish to rebel against the "system?"

Yeah, the "system" is corrupt. But still need to make $.

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
So you don't want to work hard because you wish to rebel against the "system?"

Yeah, the "system" is corrupt. But still need to make $.
It was never a rebellion thing. I just see it as hopeless.

I look at people who think that with hard work and intelligence they can do anything and my eyes roll so hard they damn near fall out.

I hear people talk about self-discipline and "getting **** done" and all I'm registering is "I'm the main character in this game."

But now I'm starting to realize I overcorrected a little.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I'm getting help from family. I want to be in a position where that stops.
Fair enough. Do you currently have a job? Is there something you do in life that you enjoy and where you can monetize it? Video games (Twitch), Vlogging (Youtube/TikTok/SnapChat/etc).?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Not gonna happen.
Social mobility is a real thing, but it can only be achieved by improving yourself and doing the work. And by that I mean, improving your skills and knowledge. It doesn't matter how much money you have, that can be taken away, but no one can take away your knowledge or skills. Any improvement you make at doing your job is an investment in your own worth as a person and your own marketability. Also, social mobility doesn't mean going from being poor to being ultra-rich. It just means being in a better position than you were yesterday.

So long as you continue to do nothing, you'll go nowhere and continue to be a burden. I've seen people like this in their 50s and 60s and it's usually pretty pathetic, they end up unemployed early and unable to get a job because younger people will do the menial jobs they qualify for better and faster than them, then they're on welfare and bitter.

I think that you would also benefit greatly from engaging in some kind of spiritual exploration, but all these are things that you have to act on out of your own initiative. No one can do it for you.

Envy and cynicism are the most poisonous traits a human can have.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take up guitar OP. It likely won't lead to rock stardom but it will probably make everything else more bearable. Better than working out, at least (not that working out is bad).

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You really got to change your attitude first, not even trying to be a smartass. You need to put in consistent effort over a long period of time, even if you do find your passion there will always be parts of it you will not like. I will tell you this though, you can semi pull off not having much going on in your 20's, when you hit mid 30s and later it is a terrible look. I know several guys from childhood in their 40's who never really put effort into anything, their lives are pretty sad and depressing now. Most became full blown alcoholics and have pretty bad mental health issues. Time is of the essence. Maybe try getting in excellent shape first, I have found having that discipline and dedication can roll over into other parts of your life as well. It will also help with you mood and confidence.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I look at people who think that with hard work and intelligence they can do anything and my eyes roll so hard they damn near fall out.
Maybe they can't do "anything", but hard work and intelligence will take you quite far. Certainly a lot further than thinking you are too cool to play the game. What is a man if he can't or won't provide for himself? Look, I've been through some lazy phases of life myself, but I'm not proud of it. You're still young enough that you can turn it around if you really want. It's not that difficult, just start taking some pride in yourself and your work, make a five year plan, and take one day at a time.