Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I asked a girl out and she wants to bring her friends. What should I do as a guy who is not great at socializing?

gmribbonboi

Reaction score
Hello, I have been crushing on a girl in my class. We have been chatting often online because we only meet once in a week in a class. We don't often talk face to face because we both suck at it and it gets awkward. I kinda hanged out with her alone one time in school to study for an exam but we ended up just talking about life and forgot the studying part. Me and my friends think that I got a chance with this girl because she sends some signals on me. Now I asked her out to the movies and she said yes which is really great but she wants to bring her friends who are all girls. I do not know if I am getting friendzoned all of a sudden or what but I really hope I wouldn't. What should I do in this situation as a guy who is not great in socializing? Another question, why does she need to bring her friends?

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, I have been crushing on a girl in my class. We have been chatting often online because we only meet once in a week in a class. We don't often talk face to face because we both suck at it and it gets awkward. I kinda hanged out with her alone one time in school to study for an exam but we ended up just talking about life and forgot the studying part. Me and my friends think that I got a chance with this girl because she sends some signals on me. Now I asked her out to the movies and she said yes which is really great but she wants to bring her friends who are all girls. I do not know if I am getting friendzoned all of a sudden or what but I really hope I wouldn't. What should I do in this situation as a guy who is not great in socializing? Another question, why does she need to bring her friends?
Oh Jesus, get on with someone else. You ask her out and she wants to bring all her c*ckblocking friends along to give you the once over? Thanks but no thanks. Tell her when she's ready for a real date, you know, without the chaperones, let you know and then don't answer back until she does. If she doesn't, you got your answer. What a condescending b*tch, jeez, just say no if you don't want to go out, don't give that kind of bullsh*t response.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh Jesus, get on with someone else. You ask her out and she wants to bring all her c*ckblocking friends along to give you the once over? Thanks but no thanks. Tell her when she's ready for a real date, you know, without the chaperones, let you know and then don't answer back until she does. If she doesn't, you got your answer. What a condescending b*tch, jeez, just say no if you don't want to go out, don't give that kind of bullsh*t response.
+1

If you are not good at sociolizing it will just put more pressure on you

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Hello, I have been crushing on a girl in my class. We have been chatting often online because we only meet once in a week in a class. We don't often talk face to face because we both suck at it and it gets awkward.
How do you know she sucks at face to face? She could be awesome.

I kinda hanged out with her alone one time in school to study for an exam but we ended up just talking about life and forgot the studying part. Me and my friends think that I got a chance with this girl because she sends some signals on me. Now I asked her out to the movies and she said yes which is really great but she wants to bring her friends who are all girls. I do not know if I am getting friendzoned all of a sudden or what but I really hope I wouldn't. What should I do in this situation as a guy who is not great in socializing?
You hanged out with her after school.
You asked her out to a movie.

You are awesome at socializing.

Another question, why does she need to bring her friends?
In case you try to feel her up, her friends will stop you.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to form a bond with one of her less attractive friends

You don't have to say or do much, just make an effort, and the ugly friend will later say "Wow I like him!" when your back is turned

It is priceless when a girl's friends like you

Smile and say hi to Mrs. Right.... But focus a little MORE on the ugly friend(s)

Same thing happened to me and I ended up married

Some girls just don't make decisions on their own, they get by with a little help from their friends :p

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have nothing else to do, go out with her and her "friends", only pay for you and her though if it comes up. I think its good and will build your character. If its to intimidating then bring just one of your friends, make sure the girl to guy ratio is high, 4-2 is good odds, and dont tell them your friend is coming, this will keep the girls on there toes. (all though this could give off the player vibe so plan accordingly). Contrary to what others think I dont think you should hit on the "ugly one" or what ever. Go after what you want, be a man.

and look on the bright side you have to be somewhat decent if she willing to bring you around her friends.

and just a good word of advice have fun and get rid of the word friend zone from you vocabulary. friend zone is a term used for sorry boys/men. that aint you. If she dosent look at you romantically, then neither should you and you move on.

Last edited:

gmribbonboi

Reaction score
You need to form a bond with one of her less attractive friends

You don't have to say or do much, just make an effort, and the ugly friend will later say "Wow I like him!" when your back is turned

It is priceless when a girl's friends like you

Smile and say hi to Mrs. Right.... But focus a little MORE on the ugly friend(s)

Same thing happened to me and I ended up married

Some girls just don't make decisions on their own, they get by with a little help from their friends :p
Hey dude thanks for the reply, what do you mean by focusing on her friends more? Do I talk/interact with them more or something else?

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dude thanks for the reply, what do you mean by focusing on her friends more? Do I talk/interact with them more or something else?
If her friends like you, she will automatically like you too. And you'll probably get a 2nd date, with you and her alone.

Girls love being the matchmakers, so you just have to sit back and let them do their work.

So with this in mind, in a group scenario I would be slightly more "receptive" with her friends. That's just me.

But don't ignore your girl by any means.

gmribbonboi

Reaction score
If you have nothing else to do, go out with her and her "friends", only pay for you and her though if it comes up. I think its good and will build your character. If its to intimidating then bring just one of your friends, make sure the girl to guy ratio is high, 4-2 is good odds, and dont tell them your friend is coming, this will keep the girls on there toes. (all though this could give off the player vibe so plan accordingly). Contrary to what others think I dont think you should hit on the "ugly one" or what ever. Go after what you want, be a man.

and look on the bright side you have to be somewhat decent if she willing to bring you around her friends.

and just a good word of advice have fun and get rid of the word friend zone from you vocabulary. friend zone is a term used for sorry boys/men. that aint you. If she dosent look at you romantically, then neither should you and you move on.
Thank you, I'm kinda losing hope in finding answers because a lot of them are negative but this is one of the positive answers I've got/read and I thank you for giving me some hope in my situation :)

gmribbonboi

Reaction score
If her friends like you, she will automatically like you too. And you'll probably get a 2nd date, with you and her alone.

Girls love being the matchmakers, so you just have to sit back and let them do their work.

So with this in mind, in a group scenario I would be slightly more "receptive" with her friends. That's just me.

But don't ignore your girl by any means.
Thank you dude for your idea and I think you're actually correct

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can 1. roll with it, hang with her and her friends, and be as playful/flirty/outgoing as possible with ALL of them. Foment her competitive side, or the others' perhaps. Or 2. say, "I don't want to get in the way of a night out with you and your friends - let's make plans together some other time."

Personally I would opt for #1. You say you're not good at socializing. Well, here's your chance to practice. Being with a group of girls might even make it easier on you than 1-on-1 since at least one of them is bound to be talkative. In either situation you have to socialize. You might as well start somewhere.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her what you want, tell her that you'd rather it just be you and her, and see what she says... The date was your idea, and I assume you're paying for it, so you set the terms

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bringing a guy friend is fair

Igetit!

Reaction score
We don't often talk face to face because we both suck at it and it gets awkward.
Well that's not good,lol. You seem young,so I don't know if you'll be able to understand what I'm about to say,but I'll try anyway....

I know you said you like this girl and all,but really......if you can't socialize and things get awkward between you two,this is probably already dead and over anyway. Don't wanna crush you before you even start out,but you need to know THE TRUTH upfront so you can at least try to be prepared for the date.

You did ask her out....and got the date,so that puts you ahead of most guys right there....at least you try.

But yeah....you'll need to be more "chatty" on the date. You can't just "be there"....all shy and quiet,while this girl and her friends are all talkative,laughing,and having a good time.

I kinda hanged out with her alone one time in school to study for an exam but we ended up just talking about life and forgot the studying part.
Hmmm. That's kinda....well,not good.

The studying,that part doesn't matter....but you two "talking bout life"....umm....well if you would like to possibly DATE the girl,"life talk" ain't gonna get it. You need to FLIRT.....tell her you like the way she looks in an outfit....do little stuff like that. You can do the "life talk" afterwards,but if you do ONLY "life talk" and don't flirt or do anything kinda romantic/sexual,you WILL end up getting friendzoned.

Me and my friends think that I got a chance with this girl because she sends some signals on me.
Well that's good....but she's NOT going to do this forever. You need to take advantage of those signals NOW before they start to go away. Because once they're gone,they're almost IMPOSSIBLE to get back. The good news is,when you asked her out,that was you taking advantage of them,so that's good. Now you got to keep it going.

Now I asked her out to the movies and she said yes which is really great but she wants to bring her friends who are all girls.
OK......I'm gonna get a little "deep" here,so try to keep up.......

You remember when you said that you and this girl don't talk face to face that much because "you suck at it"...and because things get awkward? Well....it's possible that THAT'S THE REASON she invited her friends along on the date.

In other words,she probably invited her friends to come along on the date with you two so things wouldn't be awkward. It's bad enough for things to get weird when you two talk just every now and then.....she doesn't want to be out with you one on one for an hour or two and things be awkward the whole time.

I'm sorry....but you not being able to socialize well is probably the reason she didn't want the date to be just the two of you.

I suggest you work on your socializing skills..........and FAST,lol.

I do not know if I am getting friendzoned all of a sudden or what but I really hope I wouldn't.

Well......truth is, you MIGHT be. It's not the end of the world,dude. I used to get friendzoned ALL THE TIME.......girl after girl after girl after girl. It took me a while to figure it out. You don't have to do that. Yes....you might lose this girl,but the GOOD NEWS is you CAN LEARN from this and do better the next time with the next girl.

So go out on the date,and do the best you can. Make sure you TALK.....not all the time,but you CAN'T just sit there quiet while everyone else is talking. Also,COMPLIMENT the girl. Tell her you like the way she looks in whatever is it she's wearing.

You'll be ok.

gmribbonboi

Reaction score
Well that's not good,lol. You seem young,so I don't know if you'll be able to understand what I'm about to say,but I'll try anyway....

I know you said you like this girl and all,but really......if you can't socialize and things get awkward between you two,this is probably already dead and over anyway. Don't wanna crush you before you even start out,but you need to know THE TRUTH upfront so you can at least try to be prepared for the date.

You did ask her out....and got the date,so that puts you ahead of most guys right there....at least you try.

But yeah....you'll need to be more "chatty" on the date. You can't just "be there"....all shy and quiet,while this girl and her friends are all talkative,laughing,and having a good time.

Hmmm. That's kinda....well,not good.

The studying,that part doesn't matter....but you two "talking bout life"....umm....well if you would like to possibly DATE the girl,"life talk" ain't gonna get it. You need to FLIRT.....tell her you like the way she looks in an outfit....do little stuff like that. You can do the "life talk" afterwards,but if you do ONLY "life talk" and don't flirt or do anything kinda romantic/sexual,you WILL end up getting friendzoned.

Well that's good....but she's NOT going to do this forever. You need to take advantage of those signals NOW before they start to go away. Because once they're gone,they're almost IMPOSSIBLE to get back. The good news is,when you asked her out,that was you taking advantage of them,so that's good. Now you got to keep it going.

OK......I'm gonna get a little "deep" here,so try to keep up.......

You remember when you said that you and this girl don't talk face to face that much because "you suck at it"...and because things get awkward? Well....it's possible that THAT'S THE REASON she invited her friends along on the date.

In other words,she probably invited her friends to come along on the date with you two so things wouldn't be awkward. It's bad enough for things to get weird when you two talk just every now and then.....she doesn't want to be out with you one on one for an hour or two and things be awkward the whole time.

I'm sorry....but you not being able to socialize well is probably the reason she didn't want the date to be just the two of you.

I suggest you work on your socializing skills..........and FAST,lol.

Well......truth is, you MIGHT be. It's not the end of the world,dude. I used to get friendzoned ALL THE TIME.......girl after girl after girl after girl. It took me a while to figure it out. You don't have to do that. Yes....you might lose this girl,but the GOOD NEWS is you CAN LEARN from this and do better the next time with the next girl.

So go out on the date,and do the best you can. Make sure you TALK.....not all the time,but you CAN'T just sit there quiet while everyone else is talking. Also,COMPLIMENT the girl. Tell her you like the way she looks in whatever is it she's wearing.

You'll be ok.
Thank you for pointing out a lot of my mistakes, I will totally fix those parts. I am really inexperienced in dating.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to say NO. You don't have to be a d!ck about it, but just tell her that you were thinking about going on a date, not hanging out with her girlfriends. Going out with a girl you're interested in AND her group of friends is almost never a good idea, especially for someone who's a bit awkward in social situations to begin with. It will ruin whatever chances you have with this girl, mark my words.

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Go. Eventually she will either accept a second date or not.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go. Eventually she will either accept a second date or not.
Even for someone socially adept the group just ads distance. So hes supposed to pay for everyone? Even for a socially adept its wise if he brought at least one male friend to keep the group entertained.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Even for someone socially adept the group just ads distance. So hes supposed to pay for everyone? Even for a socially adept its wise if he brought at least one male friend to keep the group entertained.
Sure, bring a friend. But the friend should should be just slightly below him on the SMV no?