Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How would you deal with Ed the Sock?

DJ-Wladek

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever had to deal with an aggressive bigmouth? For those of you outside of Canada, Ed the Sock is a VJ on MuchMusic. He's in a similar vein as Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, who sometimes appears on Conan O'Brien. Basically, he's a sock puppet who insults everyone and everything, which kills everybody else with laughter.

I've been in situations where I'm dishing out an Ed-the-Sock treatment to people, but also in situations where I'm on the receiving end. Usually, I just laugh and try to move the conversation on. I know that the ideal response would be a funny comeback, but anyone familiar with Ed or Triumph will tell you that the "victims" who try comebacks usually look like idiots (although less so than the ones who react negatively).

Any comments?

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
watch this thread gets closed in................................................................................................................... now

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's funny that people are intimidated by a sock.

I've totally disarmed people with "Ed the Sock" personalities by playing into their joke.

Sock guy: Man, you're fvcking gay
Me: That's right big boy. How about you write down your address and I'll come give you some lovin' tomorrow night?
Sock guy: (deer caught in the headlights look)

DJ-Wladek

Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova:

Sure, that works, but "you're fvcking gay" is a pretty lame insult anyway. I'm talking like really, really funny stuff, where if you just sit and take it, you look like a giggly idiot, but if you try to talk back you have no chance.

Another example is Ali G. For a Comic Relief bit, he invites David Beckham and Posh Spice for an interview, and digs into them the whole time. They know that they're the butt of the joke, but they have to smile and laugh because otherwise they'll look like idiots. The one time Posh objects and gets upset, he totally turns the situation around and makes her look stupid.

Maybe you'd have to see the bit to understand... it's pretty funny and worth the download just to watch it.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many people's greatest fear is looking like an idiot. The person who truly doesn't have that fear won't worry about it, and will even make himself look like an idiot just to entertain people. Then, instead of people labelling him as "loser", they'll label him as a "confident, funny guy".

However, watch out if the one who initially started the insulting feels as if he's losing his power. I've been in that situation before, and it can get pretty nasty.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always relate it to the guy's mother it never fails

Eg: You are just sitting on a chair and some guy starts hasseling you

Guy : Pheww close your legs buddy, you are attracting more flies then sh1t

You: Well after being with your mother last night, it was bound to happen.

Guy: Fvck yoU!

You: That is exectly what your mother told me and this is how I got to this mess. Next time tell her to take daily showers it will help.