Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How/Where to meet girls in a college town?

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post, so please go easy on me if I say something stupid.

I'd like to share/ask for advice about a kind of situation that has never been explored on this board. I've been on this board for a couple of months already, and I haven’t come across anything similar to what I am about to share.

My big question is in short: WHERE/HOW DO I MEET THE TYPE OF GIRLS I LIKE?

My question may sound extremely stupid, but please let me put everything into context. I am a little Frenchie studying for a Master’s degree in Computer Science at PennState, located in the middle of nowhere in PA. I am the total opposite of the stereotypical nerdy computer guy. I go out a lot, I have tons of friends (not through Linux user group or anything like that hehe…), I take care of my looks reasonably. I’ve traveled all around the world, speak four languages, and I am a damn good dancer. Sorry if it sounds like I’m bragging…

Now my problem is this: although I like what I do, being a grad student in Computer Science really hurts when it comes to meeting girls.
No girls in my classes, fine; no girls where I live (grad students don’t live with undergrad), no big deal; I can meet them by going out a lot. BIG MISTAKE!
Since this is a college town, basically all the bars (and the only club in town) are filled with students. It’s not a bad thing per se at all, but one thing that ruins the whole picture: all the girls only stick with the people they know.
This doesn’t mean that you actually need to know them, but there should be some kind of connection: they are in your class, they live in your building, you know their friends, or a friend of their friends/roommates and so on... But for some one like me, a total stranger, they usually won’t give me the time of the day. It feels like they already know enough guys they are interested in and don’t need more.

So that’s also why I practically don’t go to bars anymore, I mainly “focus” on the only dance club in town. The big first reason is that I LOVE to dance and I’m good (techno style, breaking, popping, dirty dancing or grinding, and some salsa), the other reason is that girls tend to be more open to “strangers” on the dance floor, especially if you are a good dancer.

But the thing is that the “good” girls (those I’m interested in) are only there to have a good time with their friends, so all I get is a nice dance but nothing more. They are simply not there to meet guys. On the other hand, there are always those attention w****s out there fishing for attention. I don’t even bother with these people because I know that they are just there to tease.

Now I am not desperate, because I do know some really hot girls through my friends, and some of them are really into me. But the problem is that as hot as they can be, they are usually a little bit older (27-30 because grad students) and for some reason, I’m really not into girls that are older than me. Although it’s always a good ego boost, it doesn’t help me a bit for what I’m looking for: a smart and good looking girlfriend close to my age.

I tend to think that many people on this board ask for advice about what to do with the chics they already know, but few people have trouble to actually get some "material" to work on. Those shy guys who can't do sh** with the girls from their classes don't count ok? ;)

So please help me if you guys have any constructive ideas.

By the way I just went to a salsa bar tonight and I got hit on by a gorgeous woman in her early thirties. That made me feel very awkward and I fled the scene… went back to the usual dance club where the chics are younger lol

Reaction score
How/Where to meet girls in a college town?

If your just looking for the female population then look at:

1. the coffee shops around campus
2. read the flyers on parties and bands posted on telephone poles and coffee shop boards.
3. book stores especially ones with coffee shops in them.
4. night clubs that cater to the college crowd...listen to a popular radio station.

Now if your looking for a certain type of girl:

Look at your own hobbies and interests. For example if you like dogs join a dog training class. Or if you like salsa dancing join a salsa dance class or club.

What I'm saying is go to where there are activities that YOU enjoy and look for a woman who enjoys the same activities.

static

Don Juan
Reaction score
Library, campus events, browse campus and cold approach (there are a lot of girls studying outside on a bench or other resting area on my campus), campus store, campus cafeteria, campus gym, etc.

Being a graduate student gives you a power advantage that would help with many women. I'm sure they would be impressed that your pursing your masters in CS. I'm in a worse major than you for meeting girls. The girls I have met came from cold approaches.

Read for FREE!

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not gonna sit here and spit a pre canned list of places to go.

You need to understand the people that you are dealing with and how to counter and get by the road blocks and some of your false perceptions. Game in college is diffrent that anywhere else.

Post alittle about your background first tho. Are you orginally from the US or France. Did you go to a small rural highschool or grow up in a small town? Where did you get your undergrad degree from?

Answer these and I think I can respond better with useful information.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Player_Supreme:
Thanks a lot for your input.
For 1 and 3, these places tend to attract the older crowd (25+), so not really interesting for me.
2, I will check this out, haven't seen any flyers about parties though. :)
4, this is a college town, which means almost EVERYTHING caters to the college crowd. The thing that bothers me it that college students here seem to be less receptive to "strangers" because they usually already know enough people their age.

static:
Just by curiosity, what's your major? ;)
I think you have a good point here, I usually never go for the cold approach. Because my reason keeps telling me that if people are not "open" enough at usual social places such as bars and clubs, how would they be more receptive if I come out of nowhere when they are studying.
Maybe I should start trying... :D

Cheiradawg:
I will give you some more information about me.
I'm originally from France. As my alias would suggest, I'm from Paris. Did highschool and undergrad there. I'm in the States for a MS in CS since 2002.
Now I'm not the stereotypical frenchie with a horrible accent, if you meet me for the first time, you might just think that I'm American.
I've always lived in big big cities such as Paris, so this whole college town thing with only 80,000 people (half of them are students) is really new to me. Many students here are from rural Pennsylvania, does that make things different?

Read for FREE!

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EVERYWHERE!!!

You see a girl on the street, walk up and say 'hi'.

You see a girl in the grocery store, walk up and say, 'hi. Are the melons good today?'

You see a girl in the mall, walk up and say, 'hi. Can I ask your advice on some cologne?'

You see a girl in the club, walk up and say, 'Hi. I just broke up with my gf, wanna be my rebound?'

Look, just go up and say 'hi' and you can add whatever the hell you want... preferably something relevant. Have fun with it.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, no really constructive stuff, just some politically correct "just approach" speech...
:rolleyes:
Thanks for the help anyway.:)
Fortuantely I'm finishing my damn MS in computer science this summer and I'm starting a "new life" in marketing.
:D