Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to stop being self-concious

aerodynamyk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Three things to stop your self-conciousness:
(1) Take an object from where you are, focus on it. Say you chose a door. Think about it, the texture of the wood, who made it how it was made etc. This will teach you not to focus on yourself.

(2) Spend your time thinking about your enviornment. Ask yourself "do i like this person?" "what is he/she really saying?" "what does he/she mean by that?" get your attention off you and on the conversation/conversationist.

(3) DOn't take yourself seriously. have self-respect, but shrug off insults and quirks in your physical appearance etc.

jive

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
these are good, any1 have any more as i have a real prob w/ being too self-conscious

Doyle98

Don Juan
Reaction score
good post! whenever im with ppl i am always wondering what they think about me, and what is going thru their mind. i just gotta let it go huh? thanks for the advice.

Illogicalmind

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would say just quit worrying so damn much because as long as you think good of yourself then other people will to its good to have alot of self respect and self esteem.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just remember these too:
1) Have self respect. That means, take no sh!t from anyone. Accept jokes like what they are, jokes, but if you sense someone giving you sh!t on purpose, don't allow them too.

2) EVERYONE is self concious. If you are scared at certain situations, like thinking you are not good enough for a girl, work, whatever, don't worry, it's normal. Everyone has self doubt sometimes. You improve with practice. You can become almost totally "self unconcious" with time & the right tools (sosuave).

Ekschaxze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
here's one from me:

Always assume the problem is with them, or something else, but NOT with you. Because goddammit, it problably IS with them!

Forget My Name

Don Juan
Reaction score
or you can always get your girlfriends friend to tell you all the good **** that your girlfriend says about you......like before my girlfriend I was always I guess scared of being naked around girls, and my girlfriend has said alot of good things about me and now I dont care, I just get naked whenever

the lionheart

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I've kinda mixed up the definition of the term self-conscious. Ya'll take it likes its extremely negative.

When I think of self-conscious I think you buy clothes cuz u look and feel good in them, or you trim your nose hairs cuz theyre stickin out. But I guess that's probably a different word I'm thinkin of...

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The word vanity comes to mind. There is nothing wrong with taking a pride in your appearance, heck girls spend long enough doing that. Where it does become an issue is if people sense you love yourself too much, and do not have time for other people. So keep looking good but remember that it's your personality and self-assuredness that counts the most.