Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to respond to this?

gsintx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I can but its the principle behind it. There is about 2 months left on the lease.

Welcome your new roommate. I suggest you two work out when you'll be having dates so one of you can get lost for an hour or two.

How long has she been living with you and did both of you sign the lease?

Can you comfortably afford the place you're living at without her?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I can but its the principle behind it. There is about 2 months left on the lease.
2 months is right around the corner. Is it really worth 2 months of headaches? Ask yourself that.
I'd personally have her pay 1 more month and transfer fees like she said and have her out of your hair.
To me it sounds like she's being reasonable.

Also remember the opportunity costs involved here. Winter is right around the corner and that 2 months can potentially cost you a winter snuggle buddy because you know gals don't really date that much when winter comes.

gsintx

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think she said she only wants to pay the transfer fee. She just called me asking again if she has to pay... and she threw in the comment that it seems that I don't care. I just calmly mentioned that these chain of events were all initiated and carried out by her (moving out, breaking up, wanting to get back together / therapy, breaking up again, threatening to move out, etc.) . I told her that we could talk about this later over phone or in person but that I had a meeting and had to go.

2 months is right around the corner. Is it really worth 2 months of headaches? Ask yourself that.
I'd personally have her pay 1 more month and transfer fees like she said and have her out of your hair.
To me it sounds like she's being reasonable.

Also remember the opportunity costs involved here. Winter is right around the corner and that 2 months can potentially cause you a a winter snuggle buddy because you know gals don't really date that much when winter comes.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Just an update. She texted me out of the blue today again (asking if she needs to pay the rest of the rent for the remainder of the lease). The following chat transcript follows:

Her: "Am I expected to pay rent if I'm not living there anymore"
Me: "Yes, you also agreed to it last week when you moved out"
Her: I don't think that's really fair. You know I can just tell the leasing office that I am leaving and the lease then gets transferred to you.
Me: That's not how it works
Her: I can just pay $200 for the transfer fee. Of course now you respond right away since it benefits you.
Me: Slow day today, just happened to look at my phone
Her: Well I'll let the office know that I can pay for rent for next month but I won't be needing a parking space. If you can't afford to pay the rest of the lease but i dont think it's fair since I'm not living there.
Me: *sends screenshot of her agreeing a week ago*
Her: If that's the case I'll move back in
Me: Ok. see you soon

My friend says the negotiation is now over... any thoughts? I'm confused as to how I won
You did it again after I just pointed it out in the last post like this.

Dude. Stop explaining and justifying yourself to women. I know it might be difficult in person at times but you are doing it via text where you can take as much time to respond as needed and really read over what you are responding with.

And it's not even about THIS women. This is the type of behavior that you need to get out of if you ever want women to see you as a man with high value.

Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think she said she only wants to pay the transfer fee. She just called me asking again if she has to pay... and she threw in the comment that it seems that I don't care. I just calmly mentioned that these chain of events were all initiated and carried out by her (moving out, breaking up, wanting to get back together / therapy, breaking up again, threatening to move out, etc.) . I told her that we could talk about this later over phone or in person but that I had a meeting and had to go.
If both of you signed a lease and she's the one backing out, she should at least pay a months worth IMO. And you did the right thing by mentioning that she was the one that wanted to move out.

gsintx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, my thought process was to show her that i have **** to do (which is true) and that I was busy. is it better to just say 'ok' in this case?

You did it again after I just pointed it out in the last post like this.

Dude. Stop explaining and justifying yourself to women. I know it might be difficult in person at times but you are doing it via text where you can take as much time to respond as needed.

And it's not even about THIS women. This is the type of behavior that you need to get out of if you ever want women to see you as a man with high value.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Ah, my thought process was to show her that i have **** to do (which is true) and that I was busy. is it better to just say 'ok' in this case?
I would have agreed and amplified.

"Yeah...totally. I set alarms on my phone to notify me of these situations so I can respond instantaneously. You are a real Sherlock Holmes I see!"

Or

"Oh yeah? What does your stopwatch say?? I think you might be a little slow!"

Or

"Sounds like you are keeping a spreadsheet of all my response times. Can you tell me what my average times are for the scenarios you have listed so I can work on screwing them up for you??"

gsintx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, I really need to work on my game. I think I take everything too seriously

I would have agreed and amplified.

"Yeah...totally. I set alarms on my phone to notify me of these situations so I can respond instantaneously. You are a real Sherlock Holmes I see!"

Or

"Oh yeah? What does your stopwatch say?? I think you might be a little slow!"

Or

"Sounds like you are keeping a spreadsheet of all my response times. Can you tell me what my average times are for the scenarios you have listed so I can work on screwing them up for you??"

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This conversation is a train-wreck. Why are you playing a hostage negotiation game with this girl?

All you need is one simple message: "I'm busy right now and will call you after work to sort this out."

Call her and settle these matters like a man instead of hiding behind texts.

gsintx

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am confused, did she not say she's going to come over / move back in? What more is there to talk about? I was going to meet her in person

This conversation is a train-wreck. Why are you playing a hostage negotiation game with this girl?

All you need is one simple message: "I'm busy right now and will call you after work to sort this out."

Call her and settle these matters like a man instead of hiding behind texts.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am confused, did she not say she's going to come over / move back in? What more is there to talk about? I was going to meet her in person
I will 100% guarantee you it won't end there, and you'll get another argument when she comes back to the apartment.

You'll be doing a lot more talking than you think very soon.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
How? Isn't it easy to just walk away. Let her go down her emotional rabbit hole, just pop a joke or just leave temporarily?
For you? Once she moves back in it will be impossible for you to get her out.

Blake.K

Reaction score
Just don't give a sh*t, because at this point you shouldn't... I wouldn't even text her anymore as you're feeding into her needs and attention seeking behavior.