Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how to remember things

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
anyone got some good tips for remembering things?

for instance ive listened to repeats of many great audio snips, and i have notes of famous psychology tips,

However whenever i leave my house i can only remember snippets of things? you would think i could recite the whole things by now?

any memory advice?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find the best way to remember something is to write it down in your own words and keep it organized. You can take it a step further and reread/listen to the source material from scratch and rewrite everything down in your own words all over again. Keep repeating this until you get it.

Otherwise, for me something has to be extremely interesting and explained with great lucidity and coherence for it to stick on my mind for a long time.

Jack12345

Banned
Reaction score
anyone got some good tips for remembering things?

for instance ive listened to repeats of many great audio snips, and i have notes of famous psychology tips,

However whenever i leave my house i can only remember snippets of things? you would think i could recite the whole things by now?

any memory advice?
Not sure what for u doing this but here is a good way to memorize necessary things

Writing down things and putting it into 3 categories
1. Things that you hardly remember and you have to read them everyday
2. Remember somehow - read every week
3. Remember pretty well read it every month

Change categories depending on how you memorized it

Nakoa

Reaction score
I use to write things down, take notes on material I read . but, i find stuff I read now ...just comes to me when I need it, or you'll read something same / same but explained in a different way and your like ....awwwww that's what their talking about ....

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll generally text it to myself as it will all be in one location and will be backed up in the cloud.

Problem with writing things down elsewhere is that it may not all be together and plus you may forget where you put that notepad that you had written things down in.

Nakoa

Reaction score
I just read moonwalking with Einstein ... Iv started implementing the loci process for remembering things ...

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah was going to say mnemonics, memory palaces etc

graves992

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing works, if I don't write down what I have to do or don't forget, I'll forget it. The Memory Palace works just as well, but it's difficult, I haven't been able to learn this technique yet.