Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to deal with getting old?

Reaction score
Hi,
I just turned 40 about a month ago. I did extremely well with women in my 20s all the way up to age 39. I have noticed for the past year that I fail alot more at getting womens numbers then when I used to. People in public refer to me as "sir" now which makes me feel really old. Is there any point in working out or doing activities anymore if people are gonna look at me as an old man? Even if you workout at this age, you are still gonna have an old face. Its depressing to say the least. Are there any guys on this forum that are in there 40s and beyond that are actually getting women in there 20s and lower 30s without having to pay for it? I feel like I cant reverse this. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was in my 20s and now im 40. Time is going by so fast and its scaring me. Any advice guys?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,
I just turned 40 about a month ago. I did extremely well with women in my 20s all the way up to age 39. I have noticed for the past year that I fail alot more at getting womens numbers then when I used to. People in public refer to me as "sir" now which makes me feel really old. Is there any point in working out or doing activities anymore if people are gonna look at me as an old man? Even if you workout at this age, you are still gonna have an old face. Its depressing to say the least. Are there any guys on this forum that are in there 40s and beyond that are actually getting women in there 20s and lower 30s without having to pay for it? I feel like I cant reverse this. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was in my 20s and now im 40. Time is going by so fast and its scaring me. Any advice guys?
Stop complaining. Get in the gym. Being fit makes you look more attractive. Get a good haircut. Get nice clothes. You'll be able to bang down to 30 years no problem.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
40-50 are the power years. can do anything during that time. anything. this will be the best time of your life, make it so. do follow the excellent advice already given.

a few wrinkles on the face as long as it is lean and no beer belly is no big deal, bonus with some abs and pecks. guarantee that even at much older than 40 can still win. fix your teeth if you need it. as long as the SIR has a tone of respect and not humor it's all good. if it doesn't then work on that.

younger women will expect that you have NO problems and are able to lead them. younger guys can get away with floating around.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aging is a natural part of life and getting depressed about it isn’t going to do you any good. If your mind and body haven’t failed you yet then you are in good shape. We always see other people age and die but most people don’t contemplate on there own mortality and the fragility of life. We will all age, our bodies will begin to deteriorate and we will all die that’s just the natural order of things but the advancements in medicine and technology nowadays are making it possible for us to live longer and better lives.

You are after all a mere mortal passing through this world just like billions of other people in the past that have come before you and billions more will pass after you are gone. Some have left great imprints on this world but with time everyone and everything fades into obscurity and many things forgotten just like you will be as well. Consider yourself lucky that you are living in a great time and a great century where you don’t have to kill or fight for your survival and food and resources are plentiful.

It’s a grim reality but something that you have to face and come to terms with and you should have realized by now how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things. You can’t fight nature and the more you try the more difficult you will make it on yourself. 40 is not that old nowadays and you still have a lot of life to live so make the best of it while you can. The problems of old age haven’t consumed you yet which can range from mild to serious so you are still doing good.

At this stage in your life your age is irrelevant but rather your state of mind. The grim reaper is waiting for all of us but it’s just a matter of time and the question of when. Take it as it comes and be proud that you managed to get this far in life. Last year we lost 2 legends the black mamba and the black panther and they were roughly in there 40’s and still kicking a$$ so be thankful that you are still alive and still going in comparison to them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its hard for me to function sometimes cause I realize that this life is so short and we will all be gone soon. I figure whats the point in doing anything if we are all gonna be dead one day. I could conquer the world in my lifetime but that wont stop me from being dead one day. People like Bill Gates and Elon Musk cant even stop death from getting them. Whats the point of improving yourself if we will all be dead one day? I joined college last year because I wanted to persue a new job field. I chose to go for a degree in engineering. I'll be about 45 when I graduate. Is that too old for a career change or to be going to college?

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love life. Wish i could live at least 400 years. The point of life is to LIVE. Stop worrying about the past or future, live in the present.
Make the most of your time in this world.

My biggest fear is knowing that i didnt try my best to make the most out of my life. Life isnt a rehersal...this is it, ONE LIFE. Make the most of it. Be privledged that you get to walk on gods green earth.
If you cannot find yourself. GO OUT AND WALK, WALK UNTIL YOU FIND YOURSELF. FUC#ING WALK UNTIL YOU FIND WHO YOU ARE. WALK ALL FU$KING NIGHT TIL YOU FIND WHO YOU FU/KING ARE!!!!!!!!

If you're wanting some motivation, i advise the former WWF wrestler the ultimate warriors videos on youtube. "Injections of inspiration" they are called on youtube.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its hard for me to function sometimes cause I realize that this life is so short and we will all be gone soon. I figure whats the point in doing anything if we are all gonna be dead one day. I could conquer the world in my lifetime but that wont stop me from being dead one day. People like Bill Gates and Elon Musk cant even stop death from getting them. Whats the point of improving yourself if we will all be dead one day? I joined college last year because I wanted to persue a new job field. I chose to go for a degree in engineering. I'll be about 45 when I graduate. Is that too old for a career change or to be going to college?
Its not too old. If it makes you happier then make that change. You improve and live a certain way to influence others.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like I cant reverse this.
Because you can't reverse it. That's how aging and the passage of time works.

Embrace your age and accept the aging process with grace and dignity. You don't want to be the middle-aged Peter Pan hitting on college girls in nightclubs, wearing Axe body spray and dressed like a frat boy. That is pathetic and very unattractive to everyone, most of all women. Old men with jet black hair and Botox'd faces weird women the fvck out. Don't be that guy.

You had some good times as a youth, but you're not a youth. That phase came and went. Now it's time for the next chapter in your life. As a very wealthy real estate investor told me, "35 - 50 is when it's time to be a fvcking lion. Those were the best years of my life." Look forward to it, get excited about it. Focus on outgrowing your immaturities, and look forward to becoming a mature, dignified, well-rounded man. Focus on being more interesting, not better at gaming 20-somethings. Focus on more substantive relationships with women closer to you in age.

Start by getting in killer shape and upgrading your wardrobe.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't want to live Elon Musk's life. You only see the fabulous wealth and social influence. You don't see the 4 hours of sleep each night, skipped meals, no days off, no vacations, soul-crushing stress, the non-stop rat race to keep up with his insane work load. Just look at this face. Everyone wants to be a billionaire, but only a few in a billion want to do the work.

45 isn't too late to start something new, if it's meaningful and fulfilling to you. But realistically, starting a new career path like engineering in your 40's for professional and financial stability is quite late and honestly, not advisable. Why did you want to start a new career path? Dissatisfaction with the current path, or a burning passion for engineering? Because if it's not the latter, a do-over at 45 is not a great decision, especially if it requires taking on student debt. That's just the reality of the working world.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're gonna get old regardless of what you do and the age group you chase will get older too but trust me, when you hit your 50s you're gonna be glad you stayed in shape and still look good for your age. Most of your competition has gotten lazy and let themselves go by getting fat, going bald or losing teeth and you're gonna have more options cause you still look good. Women will still want the best available man they can find. IM having a ball at 54 banging different women, more so then i did 30-40 or 40-50 for that matter but a lot of that is a change in my mindset. I have excepted i'll be single for the rest of my life and im ok with that.

Yeah, time does fly you young bucks, shockingly fast. At 40 i still felt invincible, like id never die and by 45 that feeling quickly faded. At 54 i wonder how much time i have left, 5? 10? 20 yrs? It really hits home when i see people and celebrities my age dying.
Just shocks me how fast the last 30 yrs of my life went and saddens me but i guess im grateful in having those years and making it this far.
Enjoy life, leave no regrets on the table to haunt you when you get old, thats all you can do.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because you can't reverse it. That's how aging and the passage of time works.

Embrace your age and accept the aging process with grace and dignity. You don't want to be the middle-aged Peter Pan hitting on college girls in nightclubs, wearing Axe body spray and dressed like a frat boy. That is pathetic and very unattractive to everyone, most of all women. Old men with jet black hair and Botox'd faces weird women the fvck out. Don't be that guy.

You had some good times as a youth, but you're not a youth. That phase came and went. Now it's time for the next chapter in your life. As a very wealthy real estate investor told me, "35 - 50 is when it's time to be a fvcking lion. Those were the best years of my life." Look forward to it, get excited about it. Focus on outgrowing your immaturities, and look forward to becoming a mature, dignified, well-rounded man. Focus on being more interesting, not better at gaming 20-somethings. Focus on more substantive relationships with women closer to you in age.

Start by getting in killer shape and upgrading your wardrobe.
If you weren't in killer fitness in your 30's, you can literally get into the best shape of your life in your 40's. You will look BETTER, and the energy of an active and fit person.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're gonna get old regardless of what you do and the age group you chase will get older too but trust me, when you hit your 50s you're gonna be glad you stayed in shape and still look good for your age. Most of your competition has gotten lazy and let themselves go by getting fat, going bald or losing teeth and you're gonna have more options cause you still look good. Women will still want the best available man they can find. IM having a ball at 54 banging different women, more so then i did 30-40 or 40-50 for that matter but a lot of that is a change in my mindset. I have excepted i'll be single for the rest of my life and im ok with that.

Yeah, time does fly you young bucks, shockingly fast. At 40 i still felt invincible, like id never die and by 45 that feeling quickly faded. At 54 i wonder how much time i have left, 5? 10? 20 yrs? It really hits home when i see people and celebrities my age dying.
Just shocks me how fast the last 30 yrs of my life went and saddens me but i guess im grateful in having those years and making it this far.
Enjoy life, leave no regrets on the table to haunt you when you get old, thats all you can do.
Did you have bad relationships or friends/family fueds that you allowed to persist too long and how did you correct it?

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you have bad relationships or friends/family fueds that you allowed to persist too long and how did you correct it?
kind of surprised you ask that question, but YES to all of them and most still persist to this day altho at this point in my life i no longer care and dont let it affect me.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is short when you stay busy and active because then you are actually living but very long for those who are idle and waste it away. Life might seem pointless if you have no goals or are lacking a purpose and direction but if you do have that than it will be wonderful. I’m sad to say but you should have figured this out by now.

Engineering is a tough major and requires you to take a lot of hard sciences. Unless you are good at those subjects or are in love with calculus, physics, chemistry and a whole bunch of other very tough subjects I would recommend you pursue something else. Even though engineers make good money you having a career change at 40 is not going to solve your existential crisis. Why the career change anyway? What have you been doing all these years?

Don’t compare yourself to Elon Musk, Bill Gates or any other people that are in the public eye that you deem very successful because they have an insane work ethic, a lot of responsibility and a lot of stress that comes with being in that position. On top of that they are an anomaly or “outliers” and even though it’s inspirational...trying to aspire to be like them will age you very quickly and lead to death even faster than you can imagine. They get hit with constant lawsuits and have to deal with all types of people trying to fack them over for money which you don’t hear about too much.

I get the feeling that even though you have been chasing women and according to you have done “exceptionally well” with them you seem like you are lost in life or are having some sort of a spiritual crisis. You need to do some soul searching and look within to find out what is it that you want to do with the rest of your life.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kind of surprised you ask that question, but YES to all of them and most still persist to this day altho at this point in my life i no longer care and dont let it affect me.
How long did you allow it to persist? What made the light bulb go off that you have to stop enabling that situation?

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How long did you allow it to persist? What made the light bulb go off that you have to stop enabling that situation?
it still persists but at some point (40ish) i realized it wasnt about me, it was about them and i decided i would no longer let them affect me. I couldnt change them and i was happy with who i was so f*ck trying to fit in their boxed little view of who or what i should be.
My father, my ex wives, even my kids all have their own notion of who i should be for them. F*ck that, i am who i am, you get what you get. Im good enough for me, sorry if that isnt good enough for them. One of the nice things about getting older is you stop caring about what other people think of you or how they view you. You live the way that makes you happy, screw pleasing everyone else

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there any guys on this forum that are in there 40s and beyond that are actually getting women in there 20s and lower 30s without having to pay for it?
Nope.

Reality is something we all have to accept. "Game" is most important in your earlier years to set you apart. Game at 40+ is different than game at 28. For you to pull younger women, not only do you have to look handsome, attractive and distinguished, but you need to have the bank account and demeanor to match. Why else would a young girl choose you over a younger stud?

I'm a few months shy of 32 years old. I've been successful at the game for better part of 7 years. Things change as you get older. My approach now I'm finding is too direct for early 20s women and they are much harder to pull. Also, cougar flings aged 37+ are extremely hard for me to pull also (they were flat out easy at 25). We have to adapt and keep all of this in mind.

OP, what do you want out of life? Ask yourself that question. Do you want a family? Do you want wealth? Do you want to spin plates for another 30 years? Proceed according to your goals.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Pros:

I’m biased as an engineer, but it is probably one of the best undergraduate degrees you can pursue. It will teach to how to think, analyze, be logical, and solve problems. In the end, it can help you with ANY future work.

Cons:

Age discrimination is very real, and experience is also ultra critical. At the very minimum, can your school hook you up with at least one short (even part time) internship with a company? Your only chance is to snag some experience BEFORE you graduate.

Group projects as an engineering major suck ballz lol. (The rest is pretty cool if you like to geek out on stuff.)

Reaction score
You don't want to live Elon Musk's life. You only see the fabulous wealth and social influence. You don't see the 4 hours of sleep each night, skipped meals, no days off, no vacations, soul-crushing stress, the non-stop rat race to keep up with his insane work load. Just look at this face. Everyone wants to be a billionaire, but only a few in a billion want to do the work.

45 isn't too late to start something new, if it's meaningful and fulfilling to you. But realistically, starting a new career path like engineering in your 40's for professional and financial stability is quite late and honestly, not advisable. Why did you want to start a new career path? Dissatisfaction with the current path, or a burning passion for engineering? Because if it's not the latter, a do-over at 45 is not a great decision, especially if it requires taking on student debt. That's just the reality of the working world.
I wanted to start a new career path because I hate the current job that I am doing now. I chose engineering because I wanted the quickest way to make the most money in a bachelors degree. My main reason for doing all of this is to give my son a better life. I want to send him to the best schools and ultimately I wanna live in a gated community someday. He is 8 years old btw. Im seriously concerned about age discrimination when I graduate though. Do you think at 45 that some employers wont hire me simply because I am 45?