Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how often wash hair?

handsomehunk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I can't seem to figure out how often to wash my hair. Currently I shampoo+condition it about once every 3 days. On the one hand, that causes the hair to have flakes on the days before the next wash. On the other hand, I don't want to wash it everyday like my barber says (I believe it leads to hair loss in the long run)

Anyone have any advice for me? Btw, my hair is thick.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your barber is totally wrong! This is an old myth.

Washing hair once a day is actually good for your scalp as it cleans away all the oils which can actually lead to hairloss.

W

wheelin&dealin

I wash my hair twice a week. Don't wash it everyday because you will wash out all the oils that make your hair look healthy.

StuartScott x 2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm black and Shampoo mine everyday. I have about an inch of hair but it's styled like sort of curly (you have to see it) and in order for the style I have to look crisper, I shampoo it with some kind of special shampoo, then use DEP to style it (non greasy but holds your hair in place, it has like 10 flavors. 1 being softest and shiniest to 10 being hardest). It's tight since no one else I know has this style.

TorturedSoul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well I wash my hair everday cause I like my hair to smeel good I have flakes but its probably becuse im not washing it out good enough, btw im white

------------------
"I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid."

The pain of Regret is far worse then the pain of Rejection.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't wash your hair every day, especially if you have dry hair. It WILL lead to hair loss. Theres a lot of barbers and medical professionals who endorse this - and even if it turns out to be a myth, its better not to take a risk.

Instead, use pure conditioner every day, and shampoo once every 2-3 days. That will definitely help it look better.

Also, I haven't washed in over 2 weeks. I've had exams just then (finished yesterday) and couldn't be stuffed showering.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies:
Don't wash your hair every day, especially if you have dry hair. It WILL lead to hair loss.
Dont worry guys this is NOT true. Hairloss is caused by genetics or bad scalp or body health.

Shampooing actually remoisturises!
Oil flow does not control the hair’s dryness, but moisture does.

Maintaining a clean scalp WILL infact slow down possible hairloss.

[This message has been edited by Monkey (edited 11-20-2002).]

progressive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, there's obviously a lot of opinions here, here's my 2 cents.

Man has advanced over thousands of years to where he is now. Do you think that evolution/God meant for man to have access to a great shower/large waterfall 24 hours a day? I think not. It is NOT essential to wash every day, either your body or your hair.

However, in this modern day that we live in, it is indeed nice to shower daily (I know people who shower 3 times a day and that is obsessive). You won't die if you don't shower for a week, but you won't attract any hotties in this present day. Incidentally, I love when I can smell girls just when I am talking to them, its a shame that smell/pheromones are washed away these days.
As for hair, those oils aren't bad for you. How could that be? We are born with them and produce them till the day we die! They are the same oils in an animal's coat that keep the coat healthy! But have you ever seen an animal with great hair and no dandruff? And I'm not counting horses here that are cared after.
So, there is no danger from not washing much. Personally, I was my hair and my body daily. It keeps the dandruff away.

And actually with dandruff, I find that if I don't wash my hair for a few days, then dandruff will build up. I wash my hair. Guess what? there's even more dandruff! I touch my hair and its like Christmas or something! I use head and shoulders but the key here is, wash once, then REPEAT! That repeat really clears the dandruff. I don't repeat every time, but every once in a while it does some good for me.

Incidentally does anyone know how to get rid of eyebrow dandruff/flakes? Don't really want to put any chemicals near my eyes....

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies:
Don't wash your hair every day, especially if you have dry hair. It WILL lead to hair loss. Theres a lot of barbers and medical professionals who endorse this - and even if it turns out to be a myth, its better not to take a risk.

Instead, use pure conditioner every day, and shampoo once every 2-3 days. That will definitely help it look better.

Also, I haven't washed in over 2 weeks. I've had exams just then (finished yesterday) and couldn't be stuffed showering.
omg man thats sick...take showers daily....

handsomehunk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I m not white, am of Indian descent.

Btw Soshyo whaddaya mean you should wash your hair everyday if u r white? It sounded like u were serious...

Anyway, I have really thick hair, so anyone with really thick hair have a different opinion?

blong1068

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by handsomehunk:
Hey, I m not white, am of Indian descent.

Btw Soshyo whaddaya mean you should wash your hair everyday if u r white? It sounded like u were serious...

Anyway, I have really thick hair, so anyone with really thick hair have a different opinion?
I have really thick hair, and I need to wash every day to keep it from being oily.

------------------
Drug offenders do more time than child molestors, rapists, and murderers. Is this justice? Is this the American way?

Inspector Clouseau

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I never wash my hair. Then again, I don't have any.

I shave my head once every two to three days, and only started shaving it because I prematurely went balding at age 20, and now at age (almost) 23, the balding has been progressively becoming worse. Receding hairline first developed on the left side, then right, then I noticed my hair on top growing slower than on the sides and back, while at the same time with the bald spots growing larger.

For me it's been entirely genetic, with a long family history of premature balding.

loveprefect

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wash your hair daily to prevent itchyness(flakes).

the 'natural' oil blocks your hair-pore and causes new hair unable to grow.