Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you approach someone that you've been around for a year?

JCKey618

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my school, there is this really perty girl that I would like to get to know, but it's already been about 2 years in the same school. I mean, I know her name and she probably knows mine, my friends are friends with her and stuff. It just seems like an awkward situation when you see a person walking in the hall all this time and then suddenly try to talk to her. I already know her name and, it just seems awkward.

BTW, some of my friends told me that she thought I was cute at the beginning of the school year, but like a dumbass I was too shy to say anything.

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whew, negative, negative, negative.

You used the word "awkward" twice, and referred to yourself as a "dumbass". Jeesh, get a better attitude first, okay?

Ask her for her home phone number.

That's all.

Just ask her for her home phone number.

If my guess is correct, all kinds of images of potential problems, awkwardness and your classmates laughing at you is now racing through your mind. You can choose to entertain and dwell on such thoughts or you can choose to do something different, perhaps one of the rare times in your life that you do.

Just ask her for her home phone number. It doesn't matter that you already know it because it's on some class roster, or you can look it up in the phone book. The important thing is that 1) you ask her for it, in person, face to face and 2) she gives it to you.

Ask her for her home phone number.

Then post here again describing the situation when you asked it, how she responded and what she said.

Ask her for her home phone number, then post again.

Fool

Don Juan
Reaction score
The first step is to actually go and talk to her... only if there is opportunity. DO NOT approach her if you have no reason for it or she will see you NEEDY. First conversation never try to ger her phone number, it just put too much pressure on you too soon. First conversation, make it last only one minutes. If the conversation is good, then just go on, but not more than 15 minutes. Then get out of there nicely. Go home, take shower and hope for second encounter.

Second encounter, many way to play it. You can start approach without reason and ask how's her day doing. Or, play busy and pretend not to see her and let her approach. No phone number still.

Third ecounter, you should be pretty comfortable with her and vice versa, go anyway you want... get phone number, ask her out, or whatever.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should at the least start some innocent banter with her....then ummmm Ask her for her phone number. I mean if her friend told you that she said you were cute, then you should probably get on it pretty soon man. I mean she's not gonna stay single for ever then you've got an uphill climb ahead of you. Don't be nervous, you're just talking and asking her for her number, its not like you're proposing marriage or something (The thought of that scares me immensely). It's doubtful she'll say no, i mean we all want to hang out with people so she'll give you a shot, but regardless, you won't get anywhere unless you do something.

Strike while the iron is hot, hesitation only leads only leads to fustration.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RKTek,

what's with the emphesis on the home phone number? Some people (myself included) only answer their cell phone. Some people ONLY have a cell phone (a friend of mine does this and I plan to when I move out of my parent's house). I think the only important thing to emphesize is that it shouldn't be her work number - but if this girl's in school I doubt she would (or could) do this.

Fool,

The first step is to actually go and talk to her... only if there is opportunity. DO NOT approach her if you have no reason for it or she will see you NEEDY. First conversation never try to ger her phone number, it just put too much pressure on you too soon. First conversation, make it last only one minutes. If the conversation is good, then just go on, but not more than 15 minutes. Then get out of there nicely. Go home, take shower and hope for second encounter.

Second encounter, many way to play it. You can start approach without reason and ask how's her day doing. Or, play busy and pretend not to see her and let her approach. No phone number still.

Third ecounter, you should be pretty comfortable with her and vice versa, go anyway you want... get phone number, ask her out, or whatever.
This is absolute bullshyt. Maybe if he sees her in class every day this could work, but I get the impression that he only sees her occationally between classes. Add to that that the school year is almost over. He very possibly might get only a single chance to get her number. Don't leave things to "hope" or "fate" when you can have total control if you act.

He won't seem desparate if he talks to her with confidence and is decisive when asking for her number.

JCKey618,

I agree with RKTek that getting her number is important, but I think it's more important to build some rapport first to increase your chances of actually turning that number into a date. The physical attraction she had toward you in the beginning of the year would increase your chances, but that window might be closed now, which is why I think it's important that you build some rapport. The first chance you get, approach her right away before you can talk yourself out of it or think too much (also known as the 3 second rule). Start a small conversation with fluff talk (how you did on the test, blah blah), then try to steer that towards being more emotion centered and interesting instead of trivial. IE the excitement of an amusement park or how relaxing it is when laying out on the beach - that kind of stuff (don't use these examples - be spontaneous and think of something better). After 2-5 minutes of that, confidently ask for her number. Don't think, just act.