Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do I respond to compliments from girls....

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It looks like I still have alot to learn and I've come to the realization that I don't know how to effectively deal with compliments from girls. I've been at a store and a cute cashier would say "OMG you have really pretty eyes" or "you have a nice smile" and I'm usually taken back because I'm shocked that it just happened.

I have a very good looking fitness trainer (HB9) and from the beginning we've always been flirty and she's been a great learning experience for getting used to ****y+funny converdsation with women but when she throws a compliment at me I'm at a loss for how to respond.

She called me earlier today for something and she when she was done she said "bye darling." When I did see her today she said things like "you're so funny"," you're so cute", I can't beleive you said that, but that was cute. (after a ****y line).

If it wasn't for this site I'd have oneitis for this girl but from what I've learned about myself through her, I need to learn how to deal with compliments from girls. I usually just smile and nod and sometimes say "yeah" but it seems like something is missing, like I could respond more effectively to it.

I guess you can call this a positive problem but any help with this will be appreciated.

***EDIT: I did a search and there are millions of threads about this. Mod please lock this unless there are some brand new insights to dealing with compliments from women. Thanks. :eek: ***

TxCowboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FM 3321
It looks like I still have alot to learn and I've come to the realization that I don't know how to effectively deal with compliments from girls. I've been at a store and a cute cashier would say "OMG you have really pretty eyes" or "you have a nice smile" and I'm usually taken back because I'm shocked that it just happened.

I have a very good looking fitness trainer (HB9) and from the beginning we've always been flirty and she's been a great learning experience for getting used to ****y+funny converdsation with women but when she throws a compliment at me I'm at a loss for how to respond.

She called me earlier today for something and she when she was done she said "bye darling." When I did see her today she said things like "you're so funny"," you're so cute", I can't beleive you said that, but that was cute. (after a ****y line).

If it wasn't for this site I'd have oneitis for this girl but from what I've learned about myself through her, I need to learn how to deal with compliments from girls. I usually just smile and nod and sometimes say "yeah" but it seems like something is missing, like I could respond more effectively to it.

I guess you can call this a positive problem but any help with this will be appreciated.

***EDIT: I did a search and there are millions of threads about this. Mod please lock this unless there are some brand new insights to dealing with compliments from women. Thanks. :eek: ***
usually the "I know" speech works ...

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Before locking, I felt the answer is appropriate. So that next time someone searches for it, they don't find an empty thread.

"Thank you." is all that needs to be said.

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just say Thanks..

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aaron B
"Ain't it great?" with a big grin is my standard reply
That would really work....a response I was looking for, thanks. :)

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
'I know'

or

'you have great observation skills, you are so right'

:cool:

Verbal

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think it depends on the girl, but i always just say simply thank you and smile. i see some guys saying ****y respons's but that might work on a smart a** compliment, but if i girl is giving you an honest compliment and you say something smart, they might think you are over the top. dont get me wrong im all about ****y/funny but its not always money. use your judgement, but i girl will never think anything bad about a simple "thank you"

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you answer with something ****y to a genuine compliment it kinda deflects it so to speak. It'd be like a girl suplicating to you by bringing you a drink then turning her down, it in no way helps your goals. I also just go with 'thanks' and a smile. Something you should avoid doing which i used to is when complimented flipping it back to them with a 'so do you' or something similar. This screams insecurity imo.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way to take a compliment, is to give a slight smile and say a quick thanks, and just continue talking or doing whatever you were doing.

It shows that your are accostomed to compliments, but you retain your manners. I know this because I am usually "casually peacocked' and I get compliments on how I dress.

Mr. Cardio

Banned
Reaction score
you are joking right? What the hell do you mean how do you handle a compliment from a girl, that means that she is attracted to you, you handle it by getting some alone time with her, what in the hell dude. What do you do, stand there and blush.

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chillisauce
Something you should avoid doing which i used to is when complimented flipping it back to them with a 'so do you' or something similar. This screams insecurity imo.
How does giving someone a compliment back scream insecurity?

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually say "Yeah, it's a real problem." or "You're not the first one to say that"

or if you REALLY want to put on the cheese say something like "That's not the only thing about me that's good"

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by green69
How does giving someone a compliment back scream insecurity?
I'll give an example of what i used to do:

Girl: your have nice eyes..
Me: well so do you..

Its not a genuine compliment on my part its just a rebound, reason i think thats bad is its basically saying i cant think of a genuine compliment, i cant handle being given compliments and also giving a compliment for the hell of it (DJ nono right?)

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like saying "thanks" pours cold water over any sexual tension that's present in my opinion.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the girl, on the situation

I was laying in bed, face to face with a girl after the short little makeout session that was our first kiss and she says to me "Why are you so cute" and I replied "I don't know, I can't help it" and she was turned on instantly and pretty much attacked me. She thought it was sexy.

The other day, my boss was giving me instructions on something and she stopped and interjected "You know, you have really pretty eyes." I was flattered, as the compliment sounded sincere, and I replied with a simple "thanks"

Another time a girl sent me a text message on my phone that said "You know, you are way hot!" and I replied "I know, but I make up for it by having a horrible personality." Her reply came "Ooohh, even better! ;)"

You can respond to a compliment by being sensitive to the context. My third reply is almost self-depricating humor, but not really since I agree that I'm "hot" and demonstrate a good personality while claiming to have a horrible one, making it funny in its irony, as well as ****y.

The difference between a 'thanks' and a 'I know' is that the latter is definitely fliratacious. Which you should use really depends on you to decide. In different contexts, a ****y reply would make you seem arrogant and self-absorbed, whereas a simple reply to a flirtacious compliment is a missed oppurtunity.

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrotherAP
In different contexts, a ****y reply would make you seem arrogant and self-absorbed, whereas a simple reply to a flirtacious compliment is a missed oppurtunity.
Agreed. It's all about the situation, and the way you say it. Like if a girl you are comfortable with says "You're really cute." and you say "I know." all arrogant-like then that's no good. If she says the same thing, and you say "I know :)" in a flirty tone, then theres definitely nothing wrong with that.

Dr Box

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some times I feel this forum stops guys from thinking.....
"how would I respond to compliments from girls?" are you serious? How would you respond to a compliment from any one else.......you say "thanks" and move on, trying to do / say anything will either come off arrogant or insecure.

****y and funny is awesome and I totally agree with it, but even David D (and just about every other master in the game) says jusy say thanks like you recieve compliments all the time and it is nice to be noticed but no big deal.

Instead of posting every small question on a forum why not use that incredible lump called your brain........if a girl says or does something.....stop for a moment think how would I respond if my friend did that? How would an AFC respond to that?

Examples:1) HB rings you at 2 in the morning to come pick her up and drop her home cause she cant get a taxi.
Now you think to yourself.....If one of my friends called me for that reason I would tell them to get stuffed, if I wwas an AFC then I would do it. So therefore my response is No. (now this is in a perfect situation where she is in no danger and all that stuff)
2) A HB gives you a compliment......If a friend gave me a complimetnt I would say thanks, if a girl gives and AFC a compliment he would reply with some like "wow you really think so, what else do you like about me?"so your response is "thanks"

If you have asked yourself both these questions and you still cant think of something to do then post the question.

Becoming a DJ is about improving yourself to be more attractive to women not learning a whole heap of canned responses to throw at them every time they say something, as all that will do is build initial attraction but after they have seen you a couple of times they will realise you have nothing good to say. Sometimes I think this forum creates robots not DJ's.

note: I am not trying to flame the guy who started this thread nor am I saying questions should not be asked I am just saying guys should learn to use their mind more and canned responses less.....I mean come on...."how do I accept compliments????" if you dfont know how to accept compliments you have more issues then lack of women.