Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hot 30 yr old asked me for MY #

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so I was at the car wash today, and I started up a convo with a nice looking 30 year old driving a chevy silverado truck, yup it was hers. We had a great convo, I used some c&f and she ate it up. She said I looked 22 (I had my college sweatshirt and baseball cap on) I told her I was 25, even though I'm 24.
Anyways, after 15 min or so I asked her if she wanted to have a drink later this wk and she said yes, and asked me for my #. I insisted that I get hers but she said shes not comfortable with that. I respected her decision, she prolly had a traumatic experience in the past. I said jokingly "I'm not some psycho, don't worry!" So I jokingly said that she better call me, and she said she would. If she calls great.........is there anything I could've said so she would've given me her #?

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually go with something along the lines of "i dont feel comfortable giving my numbers to girls, they cant stop calling me"(said jokingly)

Or ask her to exchange numbers, so its fair. But if you only give your number out to a girl, dont be too hopeful that she will call you back.

-Red sox fan here btw

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like she didn't "really" eat it up what you were serving. When a chick insists on not giving you her number its usually a big red flag that tells you that she might not be that interested in you.

There is usually nothing you can do, I would just shake my head and smile " You don't think there are guys out there who are still falling for that one" and walk away. If she really dug you she would have chased you and give you the number herself.

Underoath

Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time, try exchanging numbers.

Girl: "Let me get your number."
You: "Hey, let's exchange numbers. I'd feel more comfortable about that. Besides.... you could be a total psycho =). Fair enough?"

Btw, I think she might (most likely) not call you back under those circumstances. Who knows but you know what to do next time.

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
Looks like she didn't "really" eat it up what you were serving. When a chick insists on not giving you her number its usually a big red flag that tells you that she might not be that interested in you.

There is usually nothing you can do, I would just shake my head and smile " You don't think there are guys out there who are still falling for that one" and walk away. If she really dug you she would have chased you and give you the number herself.
Alright I know this is the typical case, and its happened to me before with younger girls. However, I would think an older chick with more experience has prolly met more weirdos in her life and has possibly had some bad experiences (stalkers, etc...) so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. If I don't get a call by Friday I'll consider it a loss. I'll let ya'll know.

Thanks for the input guys, I haven't approached in awhile so my game is a little rusty.

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that she did not want to give you her number can be for reasons other than she is not interested in you.

It is possible that she is in a dying relationship and does not want to cause problems with her husband/BF. The fact is women generally will not give you their number if they are somehow attached with someone else and will wait until the relationship is completely over before handing out their number to random men she is attracted to.

If she showed interest, I would not automatically assume that there is no possibility of hooking up just because she denied you her number. You will be surprised just how many women will actually call if you give them your number.

One time I met this really hot MILF at a club. She seemed interested in me but did not want to give her number out. So I gave her mine. Three months passed and I just forgot about her when out of the blue she calls me. So happens that she had a BF at the time who she later dumped and called me soon after and I ended up seeing her for a couple of months.

Don't believe the crap that if a women does not give you her number she has low interest. That is not always the case.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro..Don't believe these fellas. All so negative. She was interested bro. I'd like to wager with the guys thinking she had Low IL that she'll be calling him within the next week.

This wasn't some kind of nightclub, or bar, or smokey pub where women ARE SUPPOSED to be hit on and turn men down. It was a good coversation, with a good guy, in a place that was neutral.

From what you are saying, you did what you can. Some women just don't want to give up the digits. I see this especially with the older women (in this case) and with women that may truely be interested in you..but may have a BF already.

I used to walk away from women who didn't want me to have their number...but for what? There is no chance if you walk away...REMEMBER THAT. But, there is a CHANCE that she will call you...and if she does..then there is the answer to the question of her IL.

Still..I would insist on getting her number:

Her: "I don't give my number out"
You: "Me either...well..(whips out your cell phone)..key in your number on my phone...and I'll call you with it...then there...we both have each other's number.

__

Her: "I don't give my number out..but I'll take yours"
You: "AHHH...so your plan is to stalk me eh? haha..no dice (whips out your cell phone) go ahead and key in your number...I'm a gentleman and will set up a date like a gentleman."

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We should all have a pool on how this one will turn out and see how right or wrong the optomitst and realists are.

I'm going to have to lean towards SAPHIRE on this one though.

So, lets review shall we?

Attractive at 30 y.o. and expressed that she thought you were 22.

You met in a car wash (not a club, so I'll assume you were both sober enough)

She owns a Silverado (I assume you saw the name on the registration and didn't just take her word, right?)

And, wont give you her number, but wants yours instead.

Diagnosis: Married, but looking. Every evidence and circumstance points towards this. She'll do one of two things at this point, A.) She'll just toss your number and hope she doesn't bumb into you again or B.) Take you up on your date offer (after telling her girlfriends about the cute 22 y.o. she met at the car wash) and meet you somewhere and sometime that is at her convenience, so as to avoid the suspicions of the husband.

Of course now the response will be, "gee Rollo lighten the fvck up, maybe she's just been burned a few times and is being cautious?" To which I'll answer, what's more likely? She's a hot, single, never married, 30 y.o., semi-successful (enough to afford a Silverado), woman who's actively looking for a guy she percieves as 8 years her junior: and not at all like most women her age looking for an older man with status, security and marriage potential. OR She's in an unhappy marriage/LTR, was getting 'their' Silverado washed one day and as luck would have it, ran into an attractive 22 y.o. guy (her perception) who successfully C&Fed her well enough to make her forget about the husband/BF until he asked for her number bringing her back down to earth and, realizing the logistics of actually seeing the young stud on the side and keeping hubby in the dark, insisted on him giving her his number?

I could be wrong, I hope I am. I'd still like to see some followups on this.

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Rollo. I'm a work in progress in terms of macking older women, btw.

She didn't have a ring on, therefore:

a. You are wrong and she's not married
b. You are wrong and she's divorced
c. You are right and she takes her ring off when out and about (which I doubt)
d. You are right and she's not a fan of jewerly (which I doubt)

I'm gonna go with b. here. The truck was prolly her ex-husband's which she nabbed in court along with his condo (she told me she has her own condo) and who knows what else. Poor bastard. I just can't see a woman taking off her ring w/o getting caught by her husband at some point.

In terms of looking for an older man with status, I think I reaffirmed my status when she saw me washing my 2003 BMW 325 and when I mentioned I worked for a well-known software company. So, she's got the status without the wrinkles :)