Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hip Flexor Strain

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone here had one?
How long did it take to recover?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the fvck? First it was a rotator cuff thread and now this?
It's weird and very coincidental because I think I literally strained my hip flexor over this past weekend. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow but it has just started subsiding after 5 days. First 3 days, I could hardly sleep.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the fvck? First it was a rotator cuff thread and now this?
It's weird and very coincidental because I think I literally strained my hip flexor over this past weekend. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow but it has just started subsiding after 5 days. First 3 days, I could hardly sleep.
Does the pain go from your front hip to your groin? Yeah, pain seems to change very quickly too. Sometimes it's very painful and other times you almost feel normal

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does the pain go from your front hip to your groin? Yeah, pain seems to change very quickly too. Sometimes it's very painful and other times you almost feel normal
Yeah that's the general area. For me it only hurt mildly if there was no pressure put on it. It hurt the most when I sat a certain way or laid down in bed. I can't be 100% certain if this is what it is though.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that's the general area. For me it only hurt mildly if there was no pressure put on it. It hurt the most when I sat a certain way or laid down in bed. I can't be 100% certain if this is what it is though.
I feel the same way. Doc just said it's "muscular " and I don't have a hernia.

Good Luck to you.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously, take this at face value as you should always seek professional advice. It really depends on the severity (degrees) of the strain. Minor ones can heal in a week or so with proper care. And some might take 4-6 weeks with proper care and rest.

The key here is rest. Don't further aggravate it and if you have health insurance, they might cover some PT (Physical Therapy) as the cause of it might be related to improper running technique/posture or posture mechanics and that needs to be addressed professionally.

Hope it helps.

Modern Man Advice

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously, take this at face value as you should always seek professional advice. It really depends on the severity (degrees) of the strain. Minor ones can heal in a week or so with proper care. And some might take 4-6 weeks with proper care and rest.

The key here is rest. Don't further aggravate it and if you have health insurance, they might cover some PT (Physical Therapy) as the cause of it might be related to improper running technique/posture or posture mechanics and that needs to be addressed professionally.

Hope it helps.

Modern Man Advice
I haven't been going to gym in last 12 days. However, I'm still going to work. I also have a second job at Home Depot where I am on my feet for four hours straight. Does rest mean "stay off your feet"?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't been going to gym in last 12 days. However, I'm still going to work. I also have a second job at Home Depot where I am on my feet for four hours straight. Does rest mean "stay off your feet"?
Oh no, obviously continue working. You have to, otherwise, you won't be able to make ends meet. Rest as in the gym, workouts, runs, anything that can further aggravate it significantly. Walking or working on your feet shouldn't aggravate it unless your second job at home depot requires heavy lifting, etc. That can def extend the recovery time but obviously, it's your job which is why we recommend PT once or twice a week.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh no, obviously continue working. You have to, otherwise, you won't be able to make ends meet. Rest as in the gym, workouts, runs, anything that can further aggravate it significantly. Walking or working on your feet shouldn't aggravate it unless your second job at home depot requires heavy lifting, etc. That can def extend the recovery time but obviously, it's your job which is why we recommend PT once or twice a week.
Thanks for the information brother!

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
update: It's been four weeks now and not getting any better; even with PT. PT says I am in too much pain for it to be just tendonitis.

My hip joints lock up on me and it is excruciating, the only reason it is bearable is due to Ibuprofen.

I think I have a hip stress fracture or hip labral tear. I actually hope it is the former, since the latter usually always needs surgery.

I am getting an MRI