Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help a brother out, confused

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
Then the guy had a horrible hack as a lawyer and lived in a state that allowed it.

Only 12 states even recognize common law marriages. 38 don't. Read the LAW as written from Colorado, a state that does. You have to meet a bunch of criteria (not just one or two) just to be considered as a common law marriage.

Other than what you just posted, in over 45 years, I've never even heard of a guy losing his ass like a divorce simply over a live-in girlfriend. There may be extremely isolated cases, but it sure wouldn't keep me up at night. Divorce? Another story.
It was a judge making a subjective decision in a corrupt justice system. It doesn't matter what a lawyer "says" when a judge "does" whatever they want in a corrupt system.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Exactly. My state recognizes zero. Unless you sign a deed or lease with her then yea. Small clames bla bla but if its like divorce. Lawyers here will laugh you out of the office. Lol

For OP.
She is your guest or nothing. She owns only her personal items and I would even go as far as saying pick your own furniture etc. Don't fall for this shyt. I have a suit of armor in my dining room with an historic americana decor. Nordic kings helmet the whole 9 yards and a cigar humidor on a nice wine rack. Keep your masculine in your home.
Keep provocative pictures themes up too. Just dont change your life for her in any big way other then your time. Thats it.
What you moreso need to worry about is that once a person establishes residency at an address(can be as little as a week in some states I believe), it becomes very difficult and expensive to get them to leave if they don't want to. Would need to evict them and go through courts, lawyers, etc...

Tread carefully.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^ Very true. If you call police, they will say "does this person have personal belongings such as clothes here?" If you answer yes, they will then say they can't do anything about it.

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

Zimbabwe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I researched AND talked to an attorney. May be true in your state, but not in Colorado. See below:

View attachment 7198
In Australia it automatically kicks in after living together, there was a court case with a guy i know living with his step daughter that automatically got put into a common law marriage (de facto partnership here).

Couples who are living together are generally recognised as a de facto union and thus able to claim many of the rights and benefits of a married couple, even if they have not registered or officially documented their relationshi

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you moreso need to worry about is that once a person establishes residency at an address(can be as little as a week in some states I believe), it becomes very difficult and expensive to get them to leave if they don't want to. Would need to evict them and go through courts, lawyers, etc...

Tread carefully.
Come on man if she is that bat shyt crazy then you deserved exactly what you invited into your space.
Were I live it would take 30 days max if she is not renting from you. Residency doesn't hold shyt here.
Most sane women will leave when you want them too. Don't date psychos

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good day folks, at the age of 33 I'm at a stage in my life where I feel I can go out anywhere pub, gym, etc and pull a girl, this is due to me changing a few things better job (firefighter) working out regularly, growing my hair out a bit. The problem I have got as I have been in a relationship for the last few years to a girl who actually makes more moeny than me, I have my own place and she still stays with parents she's 29, I know for a fact she wants to move in with me whether it's my house or move into somewhere new, after being on this forum a few years I know when u move in with your girlfriend majority of the time it doesn't work out, I would be happy her getting her own place and me keeping mines but I know that's not in her plans, so what I'm asking has anyone been in this situation where you get on well with your girlfriend but feel like you don't want to loose your best years as a single man and how bad is it moving in with your girlfriend? Thanks Andy
Congrats on the success by the way, you earned it.
Enjoy the fruits of your labor my friend

Pan87

Banned
Reaction score
Good day folks, at the age of 33 I'm at a stage in my life where I feel I can go out anywhere pub, gym, etc and pull a girl, this is due to me changing a few things better job (firefighter) working out regularly, growing my hair out a bit. The problem I have got as I have been in a relationship for the last few years to a girl who actually makes more moeny than me, I have my own place and she still stays with parents she's 29, I know for a fact she wants to move in with me whether it's my house or move into somewhere new, after being on this forum a few years I know when u move in with your girlfriend majority of the time it doesn't work out, I would be happy her getting her own place and me keeping mines but I know that's not in her plans, so what I'm asking has anyone been in this situation where you get on well with your girlfriend but feel like you don't want to loose your best years as a single man and how bad is it moving in with your girlfriend? Thanks Andy
You could let her live with you, but never give her a house key or put her name on anything. See how that goes first. Don't sign your life away before you trial her first.

I've lived with girls plenty of times and I find this system works the best, and they behave way better under this arrangement. You can also get rid of her easily if you get sick of her. You just wait until she goes to work, pack her stuff and lock her out. No need for a "talk", "negotiation" or splitting furniture etc.

If she makes a scene and tries to climb through your window, and you're cold-hearted dude, then you can just call the cops and get a restraining order.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Do you want to marry this girl? If not, say no. Simple.