Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Has anyone tried fasting? How effective was it?

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If so, how long did you do it and what was it like?? I'm a little curious about it and think I may try to undertake a fast of my own.

The fact is that I'm 20 years old, a slight bit heavier than I'd like to be, and for the past year or so been finding myself always hungry, tired a significant amount, and quite stressed. I'm thinking about a juice fast of some sort, no solid food whatsoever. I already drink plenty of water each day, so how hard can it be past the first 5 days or so?

JonnyX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing intermittent fasting for almost a year now. At least 9 months straight, maybe more. I do the simple form where you eat within a 8 hour window each day. eg. Skip breakfast every day.

I think my body fat has dropped 2-3% by bioimpedance but I can't say this is likely 100% accurate.

Might do better if you're trying to lose weight.

Personally I think I'm seeing some results even if slow, I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:

NiceBarn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been intermittent fasting as well since the end of April. I do the 20 hour fast. I’ll go to the gym after work a few times a week. Then I’ll eat something light. It doesn’t take much to fill up after breaking the fast. I’m usually done eating by 7pm I don’t want to eat too much before I sleep.

So on average, 4-8 pm I’ll eat whatever I want. My goal is to start eating healthier. I’m losing weight eating junk and it’s F’n great! But at my age I need to eat better. Ideally, I’ll lose even more incorporating the good stuff!

The first two weeks were miserable and I was always hangry. Started at 202 lbs. The first week I dropped 7 lbs. Then I stalled out for awhile and the weight would fluctuate a few pounds give or take. But I feel noticeably slimmer and have dropped a couple notches on my belt.

The lowest I’ve been is 188 and right now I’m hovering around 190. It can be difficult at times to maintain the schedule, especially on the weekends when I’m not working. Read up on the benefits. It really works and your body will eventually adjust but it will always be hard.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to think it was one of these new age hipster type bs things but I've been doing it for the past month and lost nearly a stone. Its surprising how much you can actually lift towards the end of a fast. Other perks are that it saves you time, and you get to eat more satisfying meals.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have tried intermittent fasting and the one day per week 24 hour fast.

I don't think intermittent fasting is for me, it basically encouraged me to eat more and be less disciplined. I'm usually not hungry in the morning so I wasn't really giving up anything. It was just another reason for me to sleep later and then gorge at lunch. I won't dismiss it, because so many people say it works, but it's not been effective in my experience. I feel nothing from it.

I tried the one day per week fasting, and I do think I got 'something' from it, even if it's just dealing with discomfort. And as far as GH levels, it's obvious that a prolonged fast is better, your body produces exponential amounts of it compared to intermittent fasting. The problem is, I always got a splitting headache. I would eat dinner, then skip breakfast and lunch the next day. Since the GH is produced in the REM sleep, allegedly that's when you should start the fast. I may try the whole day next time, ie 3 meals, perhaps the headache would go away. Another option is to eat breakfast first, then skip lunch/dinner and breakfast the next day. You don't get as much from the GH release that way though, just the second day until lunch.

I do feel like it cleans out your system in a more natural way than some rip-off cleanse or a colonic or whatever it is those rich women get. Give your guts some time to rest.

Last edited:
R

Ranger

Intermittent fasting is very misunderstood. Not eating from let’s say 7:00 pm until noon the next day is just about right.
Coming off a fast is the most critical part. So critical that if you do it incorrectly you will have wasted your time.
The last thing you do is slam carbs or protein. You want to take fat in first. I’ve been doing it a long time. Protein can be converted to glucose if you are a sugar burrer. It works best with a KETO diet where the primary fuel being fat. A high octane fuel.
This thread actually started off on the wrong premise. If you want to loose fat you have to utilize it as fuel. It you are replenishing your body with grains and sugars (same thing. Grains are the worst), how do you burn fat? Look at triathletes and even marathoners who carb load. See that shapeless body with a bit of spare tire? Sugar burner.
The calories in calories out is a false data standard. You have to burn all the way through your glucose storage before you even start burning fat.
That would be 400 to 500 grains of storage.
This is why I see people, especially women, working their a$$es off with their heart fully in it and after a year, still look the same. ALL THAT WORK!!!
For absolutely nothing.
It’s a total disservice to people to teach garbage science.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I deliver food for a living, so fasting seems impossible.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

bobafatt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Intermittent fasting is very misunderstood. Not eating from let’s say 7:00 pm until noon the next day is just about right.
Coming off a fast is the most critical part. So critical that if you do it incorrectly you will have wasted your time.
The last thing you do is slam carbs or protein. You want to take fat in first. I’ve been doing it a long time. Protein can be converted to glucose if you are a sugar burrer. It works best with a KETO diet where the primary fuel being fat. A high octane fuel.
This thread actually started off on the wrong premise. If you want to loose fat you have to utilize it as fuel. It you are replenishing your body with grains and sugars (same thing. Grains are the worst), how do you burn fat? Look at triathletes and even marathoners who carb load. See that shapeless body with a bit of spare tire? Sugar burner.
The calories in calories out is a false data standard. You have to burn all the way through your glucose storage before you even start burning fat.
That would be 400 to 500 grains of storage.
This is why I see people, especially women, working their a$$es off with their heart fully in it and after a year, still look the same. ALL THAT WORK!!!
For absolutely nothing.
It’s a total disservice to people to teach garbage science.
Ranger, Im interested to know more about what you are talking about, you seem to know your thing and would like to know how to burn fat effectively. I have gone from 84.6kg to 81.6kg in the space of 2 weeks and thats mainly through HIIT exersize and weights, Also tracking everything i eat through an app.. The foods in my diet include wholegrain carbs.

i kind of get what you are talking about but would like to know a bit more for clarity, Thanks.

U

user43770

I don't think it's a miracle cure, but I've had success with it when the goal was losing fat.

The fact is you need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight. Fasting made it easier for me to eat less on a daily basis. I also have my best workouts while in a fasted state.

I shorten my fasts when trying to bulk up, though. It's too difficult for me to consume enough calories in an 8 hour window.

R

Ranger

I don't think it's a miracle cure, but I've had success with it when the goal was losing fat.

The fact is you need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight. Fasting made it easier for me to eat less on a daily basis. I also have my best workouts while in a fasted state.

I shorten my fasts when trying to bulk up, though. It's too difficult for me to consume enough calories in an 8 hour window.
By being KETO. All the calories burned are fat.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting is a great thing. I also use special Japanese diet for better results. The Japanese Nation lives longer because they eat right food with good nutrition and they widely use high quality medicines and supplements. If you interested I recommend to read about this more.
Fatty Tuna (Toro) is my favorite!

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatty Tuna (Toro) is my favorite!
That guy you responded to was a bot, probably the most sophisticated one I've seen. Had me thinking for a while that he might be real. Thanks to one of our members we identified him and gave him the ol' hammer.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That guy you responded to was a bot, probably the most sophisticated one I've seen. Had me thinking for a while that he might be real. Thanks to one of our members we identified him and gave him the ol' hammer.
lolz!

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IF is great for cutting/dieting. What would you prefer:
- 6 meals of 333 calories
OR
- 2 meals of 1000 cals?

Perhaps a little better partitioning, but no, it is not magic. Still need to be in a deficit to lose fat.