Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Has anyone here ever quit a job without having another lined up first?

corsica

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you just gonna keep taking the disrespect, the mistreatment, abuse because you don't have another one lined up? That sounds like having a toxic relationship but not leaving because you don't have another girl....
I don't know if it applies for other States (in US) but when you apply for unemployment benefits in Texas, you can explain why you quit and there are 3 reasons.
- Health
- Safety
- Last one I can't remember but it was something related to morals. If your boss is constantly disrespecting you in a clear way (to explain and quantify) you might have some base. One thing is for your boss to insist in calling you an idiot in front of your colleagues and make you clean the toilet when your job position is not janitorial. Another is to cry because your boss mentioned publicly that he voted for Don, eats meat and had straight sex with a hot woman and it's not calling you by your prefered pronoun, causing you a mental breakdown.

It doesn't matter how much you make. You should have savings to stay afloat for 3 months.
It's important to know your rights so you don't take crap. That way you will not be humiliated by your boss(es). I wish I could share a story but I would be revealing too much. But when my boss and his boss tried to pile up on me I replied in a way that put them at their places and they never bothered anymore. They even became friendlier!

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why tell them you are unemployed? Just tell them that you are looking to "change jobs" because you want career progression and you think that you have the right transferable skills to succeed with this new company.
Lying about past or present (un)employment is grounds for termination. Or you will just fail the background check and not get hired.

Why are make this complicated? It is a disadvantage to quit a job vs. sucking it up and finding one while still employed.

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. If it is actual employment abuse I can take legal action. In the mean time, suck it up until something better is on the table.
You've never been in it then. The longer you stay the more stuck you feel and the harder it is to leave. I am talking about really abusive and manipulative environments. There is little to no legal protection there.

Obviously if it's just a job you don't like, you don't consider leaving without back up.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've never been in it then. The longer you stay the more stuck you feel and the harder it is to leave. I am talking about really abusive and manipulative environments. There is little to no legal protection there.

Obviously if it's just a job you don't like, you don't consider leaving without back up.
I’ve been in jobs I hated. Last job I had, I stuck it out for over 6 months. Hating every second of it. My new job is better and I got a 10% raise.