Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gun owners/enthusiasts here???

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm curious about attitudes toward guns here on this forum.
I suppose "anything else" would be the place to bring the topic up.
Anyone here especially pro or anti-gun?

bfl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its funny that you made a thread on this cause lately ive been wanting to buy a gun (illegaly though)

But then i keep seeing all this posters on the street, the ones that says "10 yrs for just pulling out a gun, 20 for shooting and life for murder " or something like that.

Yet i still want to own one i dont know its like a protection thing i guess.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bfl
Its funny that you made a thread on this cause lately ive been wanting to buy a gun (illegaly though)
You must be American :crackup:

WastelandWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
But then i keep seeing all this posters on the street, the ones that says "10 yrs for just pulling out a gun, 20 for shooting and life for murder " or something like that.
its called propaganda.

Logic, reason and common sense will destroy any anti-gunner's argument.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
proud gunowner...

I shoot trap/skeet on the weekend and conceal carry a seecamp 32 acp daily. This summer I plan on buying either a glock 17 or 19 maybe a kahr p9???

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bfl

Illegal possession gets you widely differing sentences from state to state.
Carry rules differ wildly, too.
Open carry is common in many states, in fact Ohio was open carry only until they enacted concealed carry legislation.
Concealed is mandatory in otherwise pro-gun states like Florida and Texas, in fact even letting part of your holster show, or the outline of your gun show against your shirt is called, "printing" part of "failure to conceal" and can get you in trouble.

Wanna show your "gat?" Then purchase and wear a pistol in PA, OH, VA, AZ, AK, VT or NH, which are notable for their tolerance of open carry.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Does your state allow conceal carry?

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Yeah, there's a few enthusiasists here, but there are also a few who think that owning a gun turns you into a murderous zombie.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I <3 shooting

If I lived in a country where guns were legal I would definatly get one.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SELF-MASTERY
Does your state allow conceal carry?
Oklahoma definitely does, as does New York State, but in NY, counties issue CCW, with varying degrees of "may issue" -----> "shall issue" Very annoying...

Edit: an interesting quirk renders a New York City permit holder able to carry concealed anywhere else in the state.
Getting a NYC CCW is nearly impossible unless you carry $10,000 plus in cash, diamonds or negotiables almost daily, know someone in government and/or are famous.

When I grew up in lower NY, there was a pretty cool gun and outdoor store called "Male Town."

Along with two other fine gun stores, it went out of business about 16 years ago.

Very cool name for a store, and very politically incorrect - I'm sure some woman would get her panties in a bunch the minute she saw a sign like that and campaign against it, trying to find the pettiest code violations to hamper their business.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
I <3 shooting

If I lived in a country where guns were legal I would definatly get one.
My sympathies, Centaurion. Your government has gone totally overboard with gun confiscation. If it's any consolation, in Florida and Nevada here in the US, there are lots of rent-a-gun ranges where you can shoot anything they have, on premises. If you travel to the US, look them up in the phone book under "guns."

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuzz....

Ah, one of my favorite weapons on-screen in one of my favorite movies.

Did ya know that prop was made from a Thompson submachine gun, and a SPAS-12 shotgun?

I've fired a Tommy at one of those rent a gun ranges - it's an awe-inspiring experience.

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hunt as often as I can. I'm certainly not anti-gun, I'm pro-personal freedom and responsibility.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GP100, Redhawk or something else?

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont own any guns, but if i had the choice to get any handgun, I'd get a .50 cal desert eagle...holy **** what a gun

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I shot the Desert Eagle .50 Action Express at a rent a gun range in Orlando.
Almost uncontrollable recoil - the range officer lets you shoot almost anything unsupervised - but not that!
$2 per round!
Remember, as powerful as it is, it's nothing compared to .50 BMG.

Don Pablo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd love to shoot a .50 BMG (Probably loose my shoulder though). I've shot a full auto Tommy too. But anyway, guns rock and I'm pro freedom.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don Pablo,

Twice a year in Knob Creek, Kentucky there's a huge confab of legal machine gun owners.

Members of the general public can pay a low fee to get in, then rent most vendor's guns and fire them on the various ranges on premise.

Lots of stuff, from .223/5.56 on up to 20mm if I'm not mistaken.

I've seen pix and there's definitely .50 BMG full-auto there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Barrett Light Fifty or somesuch snuck in there...