Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good responses/routines when a girl says that you may be "a bit too old" for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNimbus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guy: "I'd like to have a coffee with you some day."

Girl responds kindly: "Thanks. But I think you may be a bit too old for me."

What are some good responses/routines when a girl says that she thinks you may be a bit too old for her?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats a plain excuse for a girl not finding you attractive enough, she blames the age so she doesnt blame you personally and conflict is avoided.

Your best response is a smile and avoid complicating your situation in that place or make a fool of yourself with creepy lines.

Its not a matter of "effort", its all about attraction which either exists or it doesnt.

Why waste time and mental resources on a losing bet when you can hit the jackpot in the closest corner after all.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can't smile and avoid complications over OLD.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girls in Sweden think you're a creepy old man if you're 30+ and she is 20 something so yeah, it's pointless. Standard procedure is not to take the line seriously and turn it back on her. Works even better with a IRL smile.

"yeah i could be old enough to be your dad... so child, i might send you to house arrest if you don't comply"

chuckle and delete

TheNimbus

Don Juan
Reaction score
“So you like your boyfriends immature and inexperienced huh?”
I like this! I'm looking for some canned one-liners like this, in case similar situations comes up again.

In this particular case she's working the registry at a supermarket, so I felt my time to win her over was a bit limited before another customer would show up behind me.
I sensed that she couldn't really make up her mind, and she added: "...or I don't really know actually?", regarding the age thing.
With a witty/fun response I think I may have nudged her over.

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
I've never been fed this line before, but I suppose I might respond:

"Yeah your probably right. They probably wouldn't accept you on Bingo night at my old folks home.!"

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been fed this line before, but I suppose I might respond:

"Yeah your probably right. They probably wouldn't accept you on Bingo night at my old folks home.!"
^A joke like this is always a good move. That or tell her to slow down, it's just coffee. You didn't ask her to marry you.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Her: "Thanks. But I think you may be a bit too old for me."

- Maybe I´m old enough to be your dad! So what are you doing outside young lady?

- It´s not about an age difference. It´s about wether or not your mental maturity is on my level.

Take you pick.

TheNimbus

Don Juan
Reaction score
To give you more context she also added: "Maybe another time."
I answered: "Yeah, you can give me a call then." (humorously teasing her by hinting on the fact that she has no way of reaching me)
I sensed that with just a little more banter I could have won her over, but I could definitely use a bit more "outer game" and canned stuff.

...tell her to slow down, it's just coffee. You didn't ask her to marry you.
I like this one as well :up:

Thanks guys and feel free to keep 'em coming! :)

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: "Thanks. But I think you may be a bit too old for me."

- Maybe I´m old enough to be your dad! So what are you doing outside young lady?

- It´s not about an age difference. It´s about wether or not your mental maturity is on my level.

Take you pick.
I have seen these two before. Kezia noble dating coach?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To give you more context she also added: "Maybe another time."
I answered: "Yeah, you can give me a call then." (humorously teasing her by hinting on the fact that she has no way of reaching me)
I sensed that with just a little more banter I could have won her over, but I could definitely use a bit more "outer game" and canned stuff.

Thanks guys and feel free to keep 'em coming! :)
I think I would have joked at this "You know I'm only gonna be older then and my Alzheimer's might make me forget you. So I look forward to meeting you for the first time again!"

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The below would have to be delivered with a confident grin. Otherwise, it would come across as a personal insult.

"My mistake. You looked so mature. Would you rather join me for lemonade or hot chocolate instead."
"Me Old? The Doc says I won't need a walker for another year or two."
"I understand. How about next Thursday? It's half price for children 12 and under."
(this may get lost on those not from the states) "oh is coffee not your style? We could meet at Chuck E Cheeze if you prefer."

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Yeah, but my sperm is just as young as ever" (meaning you've just masturbated or had sex recently)

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When she says that, it's already too late.

Any witty reframe or attempt to put her down are only an indication of your butt-hurted-ness.

Ask her out, she says no.

The more you TRY to outframe her, the more butt hurt you'll appear, and the more validated it will make her feel.

The LESS you act like it bothers you, the more QUICKLY you accept her answer and erase her from your memory, the LESS it will validate her.

Hey, wanna grab some coffee sometime?

Uh, you're too old for me.

Cool. Thanks anyways. Later.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When she says that, it's already too late.

Any witty reframe or attempt to put her down are only an indication of your butt-hurted-ness.

Ask her out, she says no.

The more you TRY to outframe her, the more butt hurt you'll appear, and the more validated it will make her feel.

The LESS you act like it bothers you, the more QUICKLY you accept her answer and erase her from your memory, the LESS it will validate her.

Hey, wanna grab some coffee sometime?

Uh, you're too old for me.

Cool. Thanks anyways. Later.
Agree and amplify sounds a solution in this case, a smile and a joke are the best way to defuse the conseguences of an approach gone wrong.

Generally I agree with you, I believe a girl that puts obstacles in a losing bet or a bet that requires too much work, either case not worth following.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
B1tch shields do exist to weed out all the random strangers hitting on women, we would miss out on alot of girls if we took them by their words everytime.
A DJ is lighthearted and witty without caring what others think of him, because why should he? i don't see why this situation would be any different.
Have a positve, fun attitude and even closed doors will open, with women, and in life.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Older man game

Status
Not open for further replies.