Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls are even more aggressive than guys

Vader_Sidious

Reaction score
I've got myself a new job recently as a manager in a company. However, it appears that my subordinates in my team are not respecting me. And most of them are girls. They do not cooperate with me when it is needed for them do so.

On top of that, there are always late for work despite repeated warning given by me. Moreover, they always eat during working hours (which is not allowed by my company) even when Im in front of them. It seems that they do not give a d@mn about whatever I have told them.

Sometimes when their sales performance is bad, I will give them advice on how to improve on it and they will just ignore it. Some even dare to argue and shout at me(Im just giving advice, why are they reacting as if they're hurting so badly inside). I've tried talking to other managers and also my superior and I was informed that this is the way they behave all the time. And my superior has mentioned that the way to make them do what I want is to screw them.

I do not wish to be an evil boss around since Im new here, but I need to get these people to follow instructions, to be discipline and to get things under control. Im afraid if I failed to control my people, then top management will get the idea that I am not a capable manager.

Pls help!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the books "The One Minute Manager" and "Putting the One Minute Manager to Work". Both were written by Dr. Kenneth Blanchard. Each can be read in an evening.

Gravyboat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a real winning team you've got there.

I'm not sure where to start, but at the very least, I'd put all the chicks who repeatedly come in late on written warning. Make them sign something that basically says "if you're late more than three times, your employment will be terminated." Just make sure you define how late "late" will be--five minutes, seven minutes, etc.

Or you could just outright fire the disrespectful ones--there's no excuse for that. As manager, you have the right to do so. I'm all for giving people a SECOND chance, but it sounds like this is a regular occurrence.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you also need to download the "Haw to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie (audio tape)

It'l help you turn into a good boos, while making them work hard for you.

But you are right. At work woman are more likely to complain, and stand up to bosses then men.

And another thing. YOU ARE THEIR BOSS NOW, NOT THEIR FRIEND. And you'll never bee their friend, even if you let them do what ever the hell they want ALL DAY LONG. They look to you for leadership. You need to guide them, sincerley compliment when they do good. and PUNISH them when they missbihave (like a parent would). Quit being a pvssy. Have you ever truley respected your boss, while being best freinds with him. Me-never.

LordBrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
make sure whatever you do is documented and signed if at all possible. If they decide to turn around and sue for wrongful fireing or whatnot... then u have proof that they suck.

Lets pertend they have AIDS

ok?

They are *****es who dont work... but they can come right back and claim that you DISCRIMINATED against them because of Aids... or because they were gay... or they didnt sleep with u... or ANYTHING!

Make sure every time you correct them it is written down. They cant come back and say that you fired them just because they were gay or had aids... Your evidence will prove that they were poor workers. And that would be the reason behind fireing them.

And when you talk to them.. its good to have a thrid party viewing it... a neutral third party. And have the *****es sign that you talked to them about the issue... and have the neutral party also sign saying that he witnessed this...

gotta cover all bases.

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vader_Sidious
And my superior has mentioned that the way to make them do what I want is to screw them.
I agree whole heartedly with your manager. Screw them.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The root of their problem is that they are arrogant. They believe that no matter what they do, they wont lose their job. Sure you may give warnings and stuff, but they probably see through you like a window. If you really do set rules and warnings, you MUST reinforce them. Stupid threats wont mean **** if you cant back them up. ACTION!!

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

probaby what happened was the previous supervisor spoiled them by being easy going. and now it's become a habit for them.

Next time they eat during working hours, deduct it from their salary.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything Else...

No, girls are not more aggressive than guys as a whole. It looks to me like the reason these girls do so much is because they know that they can walk all over you without fear of retribution. Perhaps with their last manager it was the same way... and since they expect to be treated with kid gloves, it's what you're apparently giving them. You need to show them that you're the boss, not a handful of sniveling underlings who lack responsibility and initiative. Since you're the manager, it's your butt that's going to be in trouble if the production isn't up to par - it doesn't matter if "Sue Anne" was late to work every day, or if "Molly" had sun fever that morning and couldn't come in... the bottom line is the bottom line. So, man up, start exerting yourself as a manager. Shape them up, or get them out. Or get out yourself if you aren't up to it.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will take the heat for their sexy asses not coming to work on time.

Your boss will, after seeing diminished revenues, ask you why sales have gone down. You will blame your subordinates.
He will ask you why you didn't fire them.
Then he will fire you.

My suggestion is that you fire the "leader" of their group. That'll put the scare into them.

If they continue not to work, fire them all.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Anything Else...

No, girls are not more aggressive than guys as a whole. It looks to me like the reason these girls do so much is because they know that they can walk all over you without fear of retribution. Perhaps with their last manager it was the same way... and since they expect to be treated with kid gloves, it's what you're apparently giving them. You need to show them that you're the boss, not a handful of sniveling underlings who lack responsibility and initiative. Since you're the manager, it's your butt that's going to be in trouble if the production isn't up to par - it doesn't matter if "Sue Anne" was late to work every day, or if "Molly" had sun fever that morning and couldn't come in... the bottom line is the bottom line. So, man up, start exerting yourself as a manager. Shape them up, or get them out. Or get out yourself if you aren't up to it.
Well put. This is definitely a time to step up and taking control instead of making it an excuse of female agression. A manager is in place for the benefit of the corporation, if his team is doing things that are detrimental to the goals of the company, something should be done.

coder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Screwing them, or making any sexual advance, is the stupidest thing you could possible do. You will be fired for sexual haracement in a heart beat and have no recourse. In fact, if you make one mad, she can just claim sexual haracement and probably get you fired for no reason. Don't even think about going there.

You said something like "I don't want to be an evil boss". Then quit your job now. You are not paid to be their buddy. You are paid to make them work. They clearly have no respect for you. You must get respect or you will not last too long in this position. The way to get respect is to say things and then follow through so that they know when you say something, it will happen. Right now they are testing you to see how far they can push you. You must set consequences and then do them. If you say, "If you are 15 minutes late, I will fire you." Then you must do it.

If you are only interested in screwing them, quit this job RIGHT NOW. You will be fired so fast for that it will make your head spin.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JT47319
I agree whole heartedly with your manager. Screw them.
Originally posted by coder
Screwing them, or making any sexual advance, is the stupidest thing you could possible do. You will be fired for sexual haracement in a heart beat and have no recourse.
No offense coder, but that's a very common phrase in the English language which has more meanings than just "to have sex with them". In the context JT used it, a more appropriate definition would be "who cares about what they want, forget about their feelings". He wasn't advising that "Vader Sidious" actually sleep with all of them. :rolleyes:

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever come across the main motivational theories? Taylor (my favourite),Mayo, Herztberg and Maslow? (I also suggest you look into Vroom)

More importantly than that, there are reasons why a company puts disciplinary procedures in place. I suggest you put them in motion.

Workers should work, managers should mange ~ Taylor. As a manager you arn't there to "make friends" with your "underlings", you're there to make them work.

Good luck.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
these girls sound like they got more testosterone than you man. Get serious and more aggressive if you need to.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Girls are even more aggressive than guys

Originally posted by MetalFortress
Come ON. If you don't have the balls to fire them or at least write them up, you aren't a capable manager.
It is easier to fire someone after you write them up a couple of times. Plus people will take notice when one of their compadres are cut loose for fvcking up.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The One Minute Manager is a great book. And it is a quick read.

Its main point is that it's best to set a hard line straight off, then cut a bit of slack later, after the expectations have been ingrained in the people you're managing.

It's difficult to salvage a situation after you've set a bad precedent. You have to be firm, but reasonable.

Since you're new, now's the best time to break the pattern. You need to set definite consequences for their actions and follow through. Perhaps a temporary suspension or docking some pay. I would not recommend just firing them straight off. Put the fear of god in them first.

But before you implement any specific measures, meet with your manager(s) to discuss the situation, and make sure they are agreeable to the measures you take to get your staff in line.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bonhomme
But before you implement any specific measures, meet with your manager(s) to discuss the situation, and make sure they are agreeable to the measures you take to get your staff in line.
Excellent advice.