Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting into shape - did it help?

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone in the mature forum who got into significantly better shape after the age of 25 and noticed improved reactions from females?

I have never had issues getting girls, but have had a dadbod since the age of ~26 (before that I wasn’t in a super shape). I have now been going to the gym consistently for 3 months and gotten myself a PT. The LBs are shedding very quickly, but am finding it hard to keep up motivation as my day job is very draining (14hr+ workdays).. so am looking for some motivation from mature people who turned their body around and - hopefully - experienced material improvements in reactions from people around them.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone in the mature forum who got into significantly better shape after the age of 25 and noticed improved reactions from females?

I have never had issues getting girls, but have had a dadbod since the age of ~26 (before that I wasn’t in a super shape). I have now been going to the gym consistently for 3 months and gotten myself a PT. The LBs are shedding very quickly, but am finding it hard to keep up motivation as my day job is very draining (14hr+ workdays).. so am looking for some motivation from mature people who turned their body around and - hopefully - experienced material improvements in reactions from people around them.
yeah , being in shape definitely helps . But you also have to get a style that will show That you are in shape , like muscle shaped clothing

you still have to do approaches as women will not jump on you

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 38, I can still pull 21-24 year olds easily. Women find older men who are in shape and have their **** together very attractive. I am pretty fit.. lean + muscular figure. Above poster is correct regarding clothes that fit, don't dress too young but have a sense of style about you.

Yes, it helps immensely and its good for your overall health as well.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
posture makes a big difference, your chin needs to be up & proud. walk like your packing 9"

you want to limit the giggles aswell, Stoic and the odd smile work fine

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes adds to over all confidence, being in shape especially when your in your in your 30s makes a huge difference. You dont have to be a big bodybuilder, but just being in shape like a (cowboy from the 1960s) sets you apart form most men who have guts and chubby faces.

The only downside is it limits women, lots of women will automatically not date you because of their own insecurity's. Once you get 30 its a lot harder to lose more then 20lbs. Being in shape also makes you see just how out of shape most americans are especially here in the midwest.

The problem you have is your body has no muscle memory. If you trained hard for 3+ years in your early 20s getting into shape would take a few months.

You best bet if you want to get in shape and stay that way for the rest of your life, is to train hard and eat clean for the next 2 years. That way all you have to do is maintain that body by working out for an hour on the weekends after those 2 years. Getting in shape and maintaining weight gets harder as we age and the best time to set a good fondation is in your 20s.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I got in shape at the gym and nope, no difference.
Couldn't be arsed with it after that, my job keeps me lean enough
without needing to do gym stuff if I show some restraint on how much I eat. . That'll do.
I'm more focused on keeping my weight low which is 80% achieved by closely monitoring the
amount (not type) of food I ram in my pie hole. Been OMAD since February and have dropped 30lbs.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Money and status for some girls.
Physique for others.
Both is dynamite.

Physique will get you laid quicker, but the women you’ll attract are the type who will screw around on you. They think with their Labia. If you’re with them, they’ll think with it with other guys.

money and status will get what I consider better women, but there will be gold diggers and dangerous women in that mix.

The truly awesomely hot women tend to go for criminals IMO. I hit on an incredibly hot woman at a party and found out her man was basically a gangster and was in the next room. Thankfully the dude was pretty sound when he saw me back off - as I always would to anyone who was in a relationship, not just gangsters. I’ll have to qualify this guy wasn’t a street thug but a little higher up the chain. I used to be a professional DJ so I used to hang with club owners, bouncers and promoters a lot.

the women I saw these guys with were always grade A and a lot were felt good backgrounds and not strippers.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Absolutely yes it improved. I literally got an OMG taking off my shirt in front of a woman.

And it's not just the benefits of improving reactions from people. I find I have way more energy, Iife just hurts less (especialy as you get older) and seeing the gains happen is a great reminder of my own agency.

There is no excuse for men to be weak sacks of lard.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Money and status for some girls.
Physique for others.
Both is dynamite.

Physique will get you laid quicker, but the women you’ll attract are the type who will screw around on you. They think with their Labia. If you’re with them, they’ll think with it with other guys.

money and status will get what I consider better women, but there will be gold diggers and dangerous women in that mix.

The truly awesomely hot women tend to go for criminals IMO. I hit on an incredibly hot woman at a party and found out her man was basically a gangster and was in the next room. Thankfully the dude was pretty sound when he saw me back off - as I always would to anyone who was in a relationship, not just gangsters. I’ll have to qualify this guy wasn’t a street thug but a little higher up the chain. I used to be a professional DJ so I used to hang with club owners, bouncers and promoters a lot.

the women I saw these guys with were always grade A and a lot were felt good backgrounds and not strippers.
How do you know they are "grade A"? In looks? There are "strippers" in life who don't work in the club. Something close to a gold digger. They are usually not a good deal and can damage your life greatly.

thelambofdeth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. Neither has my height or the penchant for dressing well. I feel like unless you're just noticeably good-looking, no other physical traits will get your attention. They can be a nice buffer and being in shape is OFC a net positive, but it's never made a radical difference for me. But I'm on the lankier side, maybe if you're some jacked meathead wimmenz will notice more.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Op , you'll have to find motivation that goes beyond just increasing your SMV. Increased SMV should just be a byproduct of hitting the gym. Atm your motivation is external, you gotta find a way to make it internal.

When you in your 30,s health reasons should be number 1. Even if you have a white collared job ,being in shape will still bring a lot of benefits. If you do physical labor it's a no brainers.

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience being fit definitely helps and women do notice it. However, a fit body will only get you so far.

Having confidence, an outgoing personality and knowing your value (not being a simp). Are a big part of the equation.

I'm 40 and keep visible abs most of the time. I'm muscular but athletic. I work hard to stay fit for myself because I enjoy it and want to stay capable of physical activity.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fitness opened opportunities for me to do cool things like hunt and hike extreme places. My energy was better, and I had photo evidence of doing epic stuff. That passion made women interested in me. Find some sort of goal event for your working out like a race, or a competition of some sort. (NOT a bodybuilding contest).

Like Kenny Powers says

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It helps me. If I go from fit to 40lb over weight I'm closer to invisible. When I drop the weight I get attention from the ones I get it from.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll not only look better, but you'll feel better. When you feel good inside that is when the magic happens.

A lot of people feel like **** and it shows.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had big muscles but when I got very tone, low body fat, it made a difference in my ability to get women. I saw first hand how women got turned on when my shirt came off and definitely boosted my confidence. I used my new found power to my advantage. Just like women do.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, yes definitely. - though it was quite a bit later than 25 in my case. (and a huge improvement)
Got married in my late 20s, I was never particularly successful with women back then and I guess I kinda 'settled' - Then got divorced around 50 - Through my 40s I didn't just go out of shape - I let myself go in almost every way, and got FAT - 295lbs
Marriage was dead in the water and I'd basically given up.
Then a health scare made me re-evaluate everything (the 'scare' turned out fine, but made me think about life in general) - So, over the next year.... I got divorced, got my act together, dropped 95lbs in 10 months, and around 115 in total.
To the point that I'm regularly told now that I look 12-15 yrs younger than I am.
I never hit the gym, but was a cyclist when I was younger, so when I got down to about 200lbs, I got back 'on the bike' and another year after reaching 200-ish, I'd gradually got that down to around 180 and I've kept it there - 5'10" btw. (170 was my 'fit-weight' when I was cycling in my 20s, so I can happily live with around 180 at my age)

The difference in attention has been nothing short of miraculous.
I've found over the last 7/8 yrs that as a mature guy, if you have your sh*t together, you're confident, grooming is on point, and you're decently FIT....
Dating has been WAY easier than it ever was when I was a bang-average 20-something.

Last edited:

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing makes a girl float around a guy more than knowing he is the fit high value one in the room. Having the look helps a lot.