Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting in to fighting shape in your 40s. Is it detrimental to your direction and goals (women)?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in fighting shape atm, but I feel that it may be Too intense of a shape (workout) for a man in his 40s. I feel it has aged me somewhat (in the face). I mean I breathe better (cleaner), but feel as though shorter of breath (I live at +5000 feet though - less oxygen). You meet a threshold approaching mid-40s. You just feel all Taxed out, or at your limits. I know it will get much worse from here on out. My only ailment is a left foot problem, but it's no biggie, not terribly painful just hurts on top after a hard workout next day. If I were young(er), I'd wish to have the workout I've constructed now, but back then I never thought twice of getting in shape cause my job was already physical, but now I know that's not enough (you must do more, a controlled concerted effort for Real cardio). My mind is getting tireder, I think, due to intense workout in my 40s and possibly due to bad habits. I also have constant terrible tinnitus or ringing in the ears. I have yet to find a cure. It affects your ability to focus, to concentrate. It was all due to self-destructive habits of the past I presume.

I mean I love having an almost 6-pack abs, but at what cost? to my drained or aged appearance from the neck up as a result? You see movie stars who age Way worse fo sho, just that I mean, I don't wanna end up like them, and of course they're spendin 10s of 1000s on injections and vitamins/supplements and specialized doctors who monitor them like on a 3-week frequency. I think that's overkill but they're willing to do everything to stay in the game. I'm not.

Just wondering if you've ever wondered if hard workouts past 40 years of age can make you look awesome from the neck down, but worse off as far as wrinkles or sagging mouth/eyes/ears etc? I know women gotta worry about that more, but still, is there a trade-off?? to getting a fantastic body? Can it harm your Face (and neck)? appearance/lines/signs of aging

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Age might be catching... but why not just work on maintaining your shape instead of growing it.

Do 3 series to 6 series of the same exercice but lower the weight or the reps.

What I meant: If you benchpress.... 200 lbs with 3 reps.... do 10 reps at 100 lbs instead.... if you do 1 set of 60 pushups... now do 3 set of 30

It will allow helps your body maintain your results longer... I havent workout in 1 month and I've lost barely any muscle mass and taken 0 size or fat/weight... yet I eat alot! (but I am careful in the diet)

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in fighting shape atm, but I feel that it may be Too intense of a shape (workout) for a man in his 40s. I feel it has aged me somewhat (in the face). I mean I breathe better (cleaner), but feel as though shorter of breath (I live at +5000 feet though - less oxygen). You meet a threshold approaching mid-40s. You just feel all Taxed out, or at your limits. I know it will get much worse from here on out. My only ailment is a left foot problem, but it's no biggie, not terribly painful just hurts on top after a hard workout next day. If I were young(er), I'd wish to have the workout I've constructed now, but back then I never thought twice of getting in shape cause my job was already physical, but now I know that's not enough (you must do more, a controlled concerted effort for Real cardio). My mind is getting tireder, I think, due to intense workout in my 40s and possibly due to bad habits. I also have constant terrible tinnitus or ringing in the ears. I have yet to find a cure. It affects your ability to focus, to concentrate. It was all due to self-destructive habits of the past I presume.

I mean I love having an almost 6-pack abs, but at what cost? to my drained or aged appearance from the neck up as a result? You see movie stars who age Way worse fo sho, just that I mean, I don't wanna end up like them, and of course they're spendin 10s of 1000s on injections and vitamins/supplements and specialized doctors who monitor them like on a 3-week frequency. I think that's overkill but they're willing to do everything to stay in the game. I'm not.

Just wondering if you've ever wondered if hard workouts past 40 years of age can make you look awesome from the neck down, but worse off as far as wrinkles or sagging mouth/eyes/ears etc? I know women gotta worry about that more, but still, is there a trade-off?? to getting a fantastic body? Can it harm your Face (and neck)? appearance/lines/signs of aging
It's your diet. When I beat my body, I'm rewarded with fountain of youth like muscle, skin tone and vibrancy. Your depleted of something. You also won't be "tired" everyday in a fully trained state, you will be energized. The small road bumps in life will have less of an impact because you are stronger.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's your diet. When I beat my body, I'm rewarded with fountain of youth like muscle, skin tone and vibrancy. Your depleted of something. You also won't be "tired" everyday in a fully trained state, you will be energized. The small road bumps in life will have less of an impact because you are stronger.
What’s your diet like?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What’s your diet like?
220-265 grams of protein, 50-60 g of fats ( too little fat and i have a gaunt look ), 50-100g of carbs. Extra carbs make me fatter. I use this diet when I'm staying lean, and to keep it perfect i literally eat the same things every day or rotate several things in and out.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My diet seems well. I drink 7-8 smoothies a week (home-made with celery, apple, carrots, kale or collard greens or rainbow chard, cucumber, and maybe lemon/cinnamon apple cider (for the liquid)). I'll eat a burrito locally-made of various ingredients (usually 5 a week). Salads, usually 2-3 tuna salads a week. Salmon burgers or tilapia 2-3 days a week or 85% lean burgers (haven't had in 5 weeks due to the "virus" everybody hoarding where I am so THIS may be the problem lack of Red meat that I used to eat 2 lbs of Every week for at least 2 years). A banana a day. A Liquid multivitamin called Dr. Advantage (Amazon). Krill Oil, Vitamin D, Testosterone (with Boron), Zinc and Vitamin C (500mg for the virus), Chorella Growth Factor daily. I'm eating a little too much sugar for dessert daily, but when I do eat "sugar" it's usually encased in something healthy or healthier like say the Greek dessert Baklava, or a sesame-type coconut dessert, or gluten-free somethin or other, honey, or Rugalach, or "The Perfect Bar" (expensive refrigerated), or waffles (it's been a while). I drink a Rockstar Recovery EVERY day for probably goin-on 3 years now. No covfefe .

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink a Rockstar Recovery EVERY day for probably goin-on 3 years now. No covfefe .
Coffee is 10 times healthier than an energy drink full of artificial sweeteners. Drinking this stuff everyday leads to things like alsheimers. They are really not good for you. Just a heads up.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee is 10 times healthier than an energy drink full of artificial sweeteners. Drinking this stuff everyday leads to things like alsheimers. They are really not good for you. Just a heads up.
I never get tired though, mate, when I have one in the morning. Covfefe on the other hand leaves me exhausted after about 3-4 hours. I can go all day on 12 oz of Rockstar Recovery. It just jives with me, maybe the Taurine it is. For instance, yesterday I worked 12.5 hours with minimal lunch (salami, cheese, crackers).
Just got done working out, it was rough after last having worked out Monday. I skipped jumproping at the end. I'm thinking of going on a run tomorrow 3 miles maybe 6 just to change it up and next week maybe breaking out the $4000 Specialized road bike. I just feel so bonked. I haven't been wearing a mask while at work, but I have no other symptoms other than shortness of breath, no fever, no diahrea, no coughing, no stomach pain, no dizziness really maybe slight, no vomiting. Probably just age and lack of red meat. Having read the book "African Genesis" I now know that we as humans the last million years have been born of a predator ape-man who used Antelope femur and half a jawbone to slay his food. We are predators by nature and Meat-eaters. We didn't come from trees (leaf-eaters). The mountain ape and baboon walked on the Earth. Our teeth are smooth due to less chewing eating meat rather than the sharp-as5 teeth of herbivores used to slay animals by us weapon-makers.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never get tired though, mate, when I have one in the morning. Covfefe on the other hand leaves me exhausted after about 3-4 hours. I can go all day on 12 oz of Rockstar Recovery. It just jives with me, maybe the Taurine it is. For instance, yesterday I worked 12.5 hours with minimal lunch (salami, cheese, crackers).
Just got done working out, it was rough after last having worked out Monday. I skipped jumproping at the end. I'm thinking of going on a run tomorrow 3 miles maybe 6 just to change it up and next week maybe breaking out the $4000 Specialized road bike. I just feel so bonked. I haven't been wearing a mask while at work, but I have no other symptoms other than shortness of breath, no fever, no diahrea, no coughing, no stomach pain, no dizziness really maybe slight, no vomiting. Probably just age and lack of red meat. Having read the book "African Genesis" I now know that we as humans the last million years have been born of a predator ape-man who used Antelope femur and half a jawbone to slay his food. We are predators by nature and Meat-eaters. We didn't come from trees (leaf-eaters). The mountain ape and baboon walked on the Earth. Our teeth are smooth due to less chewing eating meat rather than the sharp-as5 teeth of herbivores used to slay animals by us weapon-makers.
You sound like you have got a lot going on.. so you say you are showing the main symptom of Covid 19 and you are still working, not self isolating?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound like you have got a lot going on.. so you say you are showing the main symptom of Covid 19 and you are still working, not self isolating?
I feel better today after taking a double-dose of Vitamin C/Zinc yesterday. Turned my pee dark but still I feel very fine right now. About to go out/change up my exercise from how it's been during winter months. I'll do my HIIT then midway break off for a run around my neighborhood to the park and use the skatepark with mounds n' sh!t to do some walking on hands or trick exercises then come on back to my house, then finish the 2nd part of the HIIT. This will extend my workout by 24 minutes or 3 miles. I lost a lot of weight yesterday, down to 181 lbs. at 6'2." Trying to get into the 177 area which is very difficult for me in my 40s. I want to see if I can just get to 170 just to see if I can, but it's not really where I should stay or walk-around weight. I guess 185 would be natural for me, but 177 would be let me know I'm in a higher level of shape (mainly in the gut).