Game of Thrones

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And John finally pet Ghost and even smiled upon their reunion.
Lol, there were SO many people upset that Jon didn't pet Ghost when he left Winterfell, that was a major issue.

It was cool when Drogon got up after looking like a pile of rubble, but was just napping under the ash or snow or whatever it was. I loved all three of the dragons. I still think the ending sucked.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost interest in the show once the blonde chick stopped taking off her clothes.

eli77

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never into the fantasy genre until game of thrones .Read somewhere sixty percent of viewers loved it that sounds about right.I just hate it when writers play it safe like they do in comedies :0

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GOT was simply the best TV drama series of all-time.

Look at Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb, Google, etc. Obviously you cannot please everyone all the time and some will say I hated it, this show was better, yada yada. But, in terms of the masses and overall thoughts and ratings, GOT is #1 until "de-throned" by something else.

Game of Thrones has won 308 awards out of 596 nominations. No other show is even close.

I will agree that GOT Season 8 was a bit of a disappointment, mainly due to the rapid progression of characters and the feeling that showrunners D&D wanted to get the show over with to focus on other projects.

So here's how I rate GOT Season 8:

Cinematography/Art Direction: 9.5/10: Just Watch "The Long Night" and "The Bells" and anything with Drogon. GOT is the new gold standard.

Acting: 9.5/10: With Peter Dinklage being the best. Emilia Clark is fantastic as was Lena Heady, Sophie Turner, and Maisie Williams. Tier II would be Kit Harington and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Story-line: 5/10. This was the big disappointment. Not that the story-line was unbelievable, it was and hinted about throughout the series dating back to Season 1. BUT, the PACING of the story-line is what really sunk the rating here.

If you've never seen an episode of GOT, watch this 10-minute clip and you'll see why it's so engaging:

And if you liked it, watch this one:

~Dash~

Last edited:

Danger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GOT was simply the best TV drama series of all-time.

Look at Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb, Google, etc. Obviously you cannot please everyone all the time and some will say I hated it, this show was better, yada yada. But, in terms of the masses and overall thoughts and ratings, GOT is #1 until "de-throned" by something else.

Game of Thrones has won 308 awards out of 596 nominations. No other show is even close.

I will agree that GOT Season 8 was a bit of a disappointment, mainly due to the rapid progression of characters and the feeling that showrunners D&D wanted to get the show over with to focus on other projects.

So here's how I rate GOT Season 8:

Cinematography/Art Direction: 9.5/10: Just Watch "The Long Night" and "The Bells" and anything with Drogon. GOT is the new gold standard.

Acting: 9.5/10: With Peter Dinklage being the best. Emilia Clark is fantastic as was Lena Heady, Sophie Turner, and Maisie Williams. Tier II would be Kit Harington and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Story-line: 5/10. This was the big disappointment. Not that the story-line was unbelievable, it was and hinted about throughout the series dating back to Season 1. BUT, the PACING of the story-line is what really sunk the rating here.

If you've never seen an episode of GOT, watch this 10-minute clip and you'll see why it's so engaging:

And if you liked it, watch this one:

~Dash~
It could have been better if they had stuck to George Martin's style, which is what attracted everyone to the show and the books in the first place.

Unfortunately hollywood cannot help but being hollywood, which means all of the stereotypical pc $hit, and the heros always win in the end.

Season 8 was terrible because the standards of the viewers has changed, and hollywood either does not understand it, or does not care to understand it.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I agree the storyline was hinted at, I will quote a comment often used by those of us who hated the ending: Foreshadowing is not character development. I gave you a like because of that first video you posted, I love me some Drogon (and Viserion and Rhaegal).

Anyway, like you said, the acting was great, and the visuals were fantastic. The problem was in the writing. The execution was poor because once they ran out of George RR Martin novels to adapt, they started rushing the storyline. And apparently the showrunners wanted to finish the show so they could move on to other projects, like Star Wars. So they were very good at adapting material, but were not so great at writing it themselves.

GRRM had given them the outline of the ending, so I actually wonder how much of the ending is actually his fault. I have no doubt that he would have brought this stuff to a close in a much less awkward fashion. But there still remains the problem that the ending itself is unsatisfying. There is no real payoff to investing so many years in following this story, unless you're a huge fan of Bran or Sansa. I kind of doubt that GRRM specified that Arya kill the Night King, but most of the rest is likely his. His desire to create a "bittersweet ending" merely resulted in an unsatisfying one. IMO.

I agree Game of Thrones is probably the best television I have ever seen, or I would have said that up until this year. The rest of the story is so good, it's a shame that the ending just completely ruins it. For me, the ending ruins the whole series, it renders it all pointless. I'll still read the books if/when they come out. Hopefully GRRM will come up with something better. If not, well, no one is perfect.

Danger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Loved the last episode. I knew she was going to have a meltdown and go scorched earth on everyone.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Loved the last episode. I knew she was going to have a meltdown and go scorched earth on everyone.
Another thing that irritated me, and this is especially true if you read the books: There are so many atrocities commited, and so many cruel, brutal, and murderous acts that go on so routinely in their medieval world. Cities are burned routinely. Nearly all the characters are murderers. Jon Snow and Theon both killed children.

But when Dany released the Fire and Blood on King's Landing, all of a sudden the sad music swells, we get the slow motion scenes of women and children suffering, and everyone looks appalled. It's like all of a sudden they threw a 21st century perspective on all the brutality going on and everyone is shocked. It's like the SJWs showed up. Besides which, when have the writers given me a single reason why I should give a sh!t about the people of King's Landing? Lousy writing.

If Cersei had done that (and she did earlier, on a smaller scale), no one would have blinked an eye. She'd just smile and go back to drinking her wine. You think Tyrion would plot her assassination if she had torched King's Landing? Unlikely - he'd try to help her escape.

Danger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing that irritated me, and this is especially true if you read the books: There are so many atrocities commited, and so many cruel, brutal, and murderous acts that go on so routinely in their medieval world. Cities are burned routinely. Nearly all the characters are murderers. Jon Snow and Theon both killed children.

But when Dany released the Fire and Blood on King's Landing, all of a sudden the sad music swells, we get the slow motion scenes of women and children suffering, and everyone looks appalled. It's like all of a sudden they threw a 21st century perspective on all the brutality going on and everyone is shocked. It's like the SJWs showed up. Besides which, when have the writers given me a single reason why I should give a sh!t about the people of King's Landing? Lousy writing.

If Cersei had done that (and she did earlier, on a smaller scale), no one would have blinked an eye. She'd just smile and go back to drinking her wine. You think Tyrion would plot her assassination if she had torched King's Landing? Unlikely - he'd try to help her escape.
I suppose the sad music is to recognize her fall into madness over perceived enemies or something.

In defense of Jon Snow, that "child" murdered him before he had the child amd other traitors hung.

As for Theon, my recollection is that there was some dark music for that too, but it has been awhile and I would have to rewatch that episode.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As for Theon, my recollection is that there was some dark music for that too, but it has been awhile and I would have to rewatch that episode.
Well, Theon was a villain at the time, so there could have been skme dark music. But Theon got a redemption arc. And you're right about Snow. I'm just saying all the characters have done some bloodthirsty things.

Danger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, Theon was a villain at the time, so there could have been skme dark music. But Theon got a redemption arc. And you're right about Snow. I'm just saying all the characters have done some bloodthirsty things.
One of my biggest disappointments was that we did not get to see heros fighting the actual white walkers. That was a massive failure on their part.