Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Four Numbers on Sunday

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sunday I picked up four numbers. Doing so -- picking up numbers -- is getting almost as routine for me as taking a shhit. (The post-number-getting still keeps me on my toes.)

I was thinking about how we can best use this forum, and I realized that maybe one of the best ways is to share what we DONE -- not so much what we've THOUGHT.

Success or failure. We should share them.

I'll sketch out what I think were the key points in getting the numbers I got. (And in NOT getting numbers I didn't.)

First number was in the afternoon. At a library.

I make it a point to utter at least a clause to every bangable woman at every reasonable chance.

I've done this about four hundred times. And I've got quite good about using mere clauses, not even sentences -- just casual comments that seem ordinary -- that don't seem like I'm aiming for their panties.

Anyways.

I just got in an elevator that would take me into the city complex.

A chick walks in.

I don't even think about it. I just say, "Excuse me, can you tell me how I might get to the library?"

She looks at me.

A nice 7. (Unlike people here who only see, know, or date 8s and aboves (like people don't hit on 4s or 5s or 6s!), I'll shhit it straight like it is. A 10 in my book is no less than Heidi Klum or Carmen Electra. And calling anything less than that a 10 would be destroying the system. So I can say I've probably never even laid eyes on a 10 at close proximity, though I saw one in a grocery store about a month ago at a distance who was probably a super model, with some rich-ass husband figure.)

This girl was wearing aviator sunglasses, a denim jacket, had tits at least C, maybe CC. Definitely like to bang her.

And then she smiled at me. I knew she was interested.

So then, how to keep conversation going?

Well, she told me where it was, and then silence.

So I said, "Is it a good library?"

And she asked me if this was my first time.

And I said, untruthfully, kind of, yeah, I'm new to the area.

So then she says, "Where are you from?"

And I make the info. hard to get by saying, "Midwest."

Then she says, "Where?"

Then I say the state. Then she says what city. So finally, I tell her what city.

Then she tells me she graduated from a school right near there.

Well now I know I'm really money with her, that I can get her number, as long as I can sustain the conversation. So I ask her about her schooling there, what she studied.

Now it gets tense.

Because we enter the library.

And obviously, we've each come to do our separate thing, so naturally at this point we'd split up.

So I could say, "Well, nice talking to you."

But the fukk would I do that? I want to nail this brawd.

So I IMPLICITLY invite her to join me at a table.

I say, "Are there like tables around here? You can sit at? Like to read?"

And then she takes a baby step toward accepting the invitation by saying, yeah, I think over in here.

So then we slowly walk into a room. And there are tables.

Now you got to understand that socially sophisticated people, which I think everyone's aiming for, right?, won't just say, "Do you want to sit down?"

This very issue right here might be emblematic of what you can get yourself if you become very versed in social communication and customs.

So I kind of say, slowly, like I'm thinking, "Well, there's a table."

And I start walking toward it. And she's walking with me.

And now obviously she isn't going to say, because I can tell she's sophisicated, she isn't going to say, "Do you want to sit here?"

Because we just met. You don't offer invitations like that because then you can be denied and you lose face.

Now you might say, well both of you wanted to sit together, why not one of you just say, "Do you wanna sit down together?"

Because it's just not done that way. You've got to be a challenge. You can't be too quick to offer a strange something like that.

So then we just kind of head toward the table and I say, "Well this looks good."

And then I say, "Are you going to be sitting down and reading or something?"

Now OBVIOUSLY she is! She wouldn't have come with me in here if she wasn't.

But this just further shows her that yes, I'd like to share a table with her.

So now she just nods and put our stuff down and sit down!

Now it all went down pretty well, but it's a pretty significant achievement if you think about it. Two people who met while walking into the library decide to share a table.

Well we're in a READING ROOM. Which means no talking. And no one else is talking.

But I know that I can't just read my stuff without saying anything. That would be AWKWARD AS HELL.

So I talk in a slow voice to her. And I find out she's applying to grad. school. So then I know how I can continue the conversation. The GRE (an admission test).

And lo! She's come just to study for it.

Well after we talk for about five minutes I say, "I think we're trying people's patiences here by talking. Maybe you'd like to meet me for coffee some time."

And she nods. (Have you ever noticed that chicks will rarely utter the word 'yes' about giving a date. Instead they just nod and look down in deference.)

So I give her my card and my stub of a pencil I keep in my wallet for just such occasion, and she writes down her name and number, and I say, well it was nice meeting. I'd better see about this stuff I got to do. Good luck studying. And I offer my hand, and I leave. And head off to another part of the library. (Better if we don't see each other again this day.)

As I look at this encounter, the key without question was asking her if there was a place to sit down and read. That was like asking her out in a small way. It was like saying, would you like to join me and do something.

As much of a success this was, it didn't feel all that euphoric because I've been approaching EVERY BANGABLE WOMAN I see and saying at least a clause for a few months, which means I've 'approached' hundreds of women.

Anways, later that night I went out with a friend to some bars and that's where I got the other three numbers.

It's WAY easier at bars. 'Cause, one, you've been drinking, and, two, the situation calls for guys and brawds to be seductive with each other.

The first number that night was kind of funny.

We were heading to the second place that night 'cause the first was deserted. And two chicks were standing outside the door. And of course I'm going to say something, I say something to every bangable woman at every reasonable chance. So I ask them whether it's crowded inside. And they say no, they're leaving.

Well I'm standing next to this kind of cute blonde (7, tongue stud, earrings, later showed me a tattoo above her ass), and I don't remember what I said or what she said, but we learned that we both had something in common.

And she used this as an excuse to get really happy. And then I said something like it waws good we met or that we should stay together, and I playfully put out my arms to hug her -- and she accepted in a major way, and we hugged each other really long.

And then we decided to cross the street and check out another bar.

Well I really only knew her name, but I said, "You better give me your hand, 'cause I don't want you hit by car while you're under my watch." And then I grabbed her hand, I did not wait for her to give it to me. And we crossed.

But we found this bar was even more deserted.

So then we decided to go back across the street. And again I took her hand.

When we got to the other side her semi-interest and really bloomed. I started asking her about her college, a good one, bu she didnt' want to talk about it. Then she showed me her tattoo.

And then after she said something I disagreed with, I exaggerated how much I disagreed with it, and negged her by saying, "Well, it sure was nice talking to you." And turned and started walking away!

Well she said, No! And finally when I turned around she was looking at me with a mixture of genuine disappointment and some hamming it up to save a little face, I think.

Well I think that neg really made me money. 'Cause a few minutes later, she grabbed my cheeks and kissed me!

Then I said, Whoah, boy, you're forward, aren't you? And she smiled and nodded, then I grabbed her even harder than she'd grabbed me and kissed her. Which she totally loved.

They wanted to drive to some other place, but obviously we didn't. 'Cause we'd just got there, plus I'd rather stay independent all night and pull numbers than stick around a single brawd with the HOPE of getting laid that night.

When I said maybe we should meet for coffee, she, an exception, said yes, yes, let me give you my number, started reaching for something in her purse, but I pulled out a card and my pencil and handed it over. And then she said I'd better call her, and as she started walking away, I said, hey, and grabbed her and kissed her. And then she left.

Two other numbers were at the physical bars in bars. One was an older brawd -- a 7 or 8, maybe early 40s! The other wasn't that good of a number. Lives with parents. Strict curfew. But maybe I'll stil drill her!

My fukkin supervisor is back, and while she can't see monitor, she can hear my 75 WPM typing and know that I sure as shhit ain't doing work.

Later.

negotiator

Don Juan
Reaction score
BGC, dude, if you hadn't explained how you got those 4 numbers, I sure would ask you how you did it. 4 numbers a day is sure an accomplishment. I think, the trick is, when you go out to the bars to meet chicks, you should leave the place after you get the number from a chick and go to some place else, where you will be able to act independent again. If you stay at one place whole night, it sure is very difficult to pull more numbers that night away from the sight of the first girl.

I liked your library actions, I guess having lived in the same state with the girl before, really helped you on that one, but you created chances to prolong the time together with the chick on the spot, without looking needy, and got the number successfully, good moves...

negotiator

[This message has been edited by negotiator (edited 01-24-2001).]

Jdog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BGC,

You da man! I still have problems getting the digits. Even though I have come a long long way from the broken hearted nice guy I still get all nervous and sheit. How old are u? Have you always been able to go up to women like that and get the digits? If not, what has helped you get to this point. I have a lot of successes lately but I still don't have the nut sack to go up to every women I want to. My gaol is to be able to do that as instinct,without fear, and it kind of sounds like your are almost there, if you aren't there already.

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jdog:
BGC,

You da man! I still have problems getting the digits. Even though I have come a long long way from the broken hearted nice guy I still get all nervous and sheit. How old are u? Have you always been able to go up to women like that and get the digits? If not, what has helped you get to this point. I have a lot of successes lately but I still don't have the nut sack to go up to every women I want to. My gaol is to be able to do that as instinct,without fear, and it kind of sounds like your are almost there, if you aren't there already.
Remember, the worst thing that can happen when you ask a women for her number is that she says "No".

The more you talk to/ask numbers from/date women, the less significant each encounter becomes. Then it becomes routine....

------------------
DJ de Florida
Just Do It!

Jdog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear ya DJ. Back in the day, I ALWAYS waited for chicks to appraoch me or waited til I knew they were definately interested. Since me and my long term gf broke up a few months ago I have another steady gf and have been on about 7 dates also. So I am doing much much better. I even have several in the works, but like I said, I wish it were instinctual and you are right, the more you do it the easier it becomes. It definately is getting easier and easier.

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell no, I haven't always been able to approach any woman.

I started like three months ago.

I moved cross country and knew I had to start HAVING BALLS THE DAY I GOT THERE.

So I went to the grocery store that night.

Literally, I knew that like I was at a fork in the road, or rather atop a mountain, and I could go either way.

And moment of real truth hit me second I stepped out of my car. Girl in a white blouse, still remember her, was walking out.

It was night. She was walking by.

And I just said, "Excuse me, do you know where all the Vons [grocery stores] are around here?"

And she stopped. I chatted for like two minutes.

Then, without even knowing her name, I asked her if she'd like to get a drink!

'Course she declined.

But since then, I approach every bangable woman at every reasonable chance.

And I made it a goal to "conquer" this city -- an imposing one, at that -- by doing what most guys can't and asking women out all over the place.

And I did.

And now it's routine.

But my rule is, just one CLAUSE. (A clause is smaller than a sentence, fyi, for non-English major people.)

For instance, in a grocery store, I'll sidle up to a bangable woman and say, "Too much to choose from."

That's it. Everything else will go from there. If she's interested, I'll know it.

The other thing that works great is just a question. Any question. Like where something is, etc. And telling people I'm new to the area always helps, too.

One thing I've realized is that if you make it seem like you're interested in THE PERSON rather than the person's body, you'll be ten times more likely to get a number.

That's why I don't think I'll ever give a woman a specific compliment in my life again. Because when you're picking them up, you don't want to. And when you're dating them, you don't want to either. "You look nice," is all you need to say in the first few dates. That's not really a compliment, either. That's just kind of a pleasantry.

Anyways, my supervisor's gone again.

The older woman I got at the bar the other night, I approached and used the situation to start a conversation. The TV was showing the Golden Globes, and I just asked her if the Sopranos had won anything. Because it was something I really wanted to know. And we just started talking from there.

And the other one was the friend of a girl my boy was talking to, so we naturally started talking.

I'll tell you something, though. It seems routine to me now. But I remember just like two months ago whenever I'd ask a woman out (in many situations of which I didn't have much of a chance to get the number, I can see in hindsight), I would feel a TREMENDOUS rush.

Like it did three times in grocery stores. All three times I boldly just walked up and came on to them HEAVY, like by saying they had the finest skin I'd ever seen.

Well they all blushed, and I thought I was doing well, but I didn't get any numbers, and even though it boosted my confidence like I couldn't even describe, and made me feel invincible (shhit, I drove back home those nights screaming in my car at the top of my lungs I was so ecstatic) -- even though in hindsight the approaches were probably not going to work, these approaches THREW ME BEYOND my comfort zone.

It sucks, but this is true. If humans want to change and improve their behavior, sociall speaking, often it involves something that's hellishly fearsome to go through -- but once you're through it, you're a changed person.

Now I consider grocery stores almost anti-pick up places. Almost like you're a knob for even trying, like you're desperate. I mean, I know it happens, and if you kept at it, you might get a number or two, but you could also like stand on the side of the road looking your best with a sign looking for a date and probably some brawd would stop by if you were lucky. I THINK IN SOME SITUATIONS WOMEN REALLY RESENT WHEN GUYS TRY TO PICK THEM UP.

Anyways, I don't think anything can take the place of persistence. And also, I think dudes who want to get ass should be really concernd with their appearance. Like if you're pale, go tanning, FOR SURE lift weights, and run, have a fashionable wardrobe (no brown shoes with a black shirt! shhit like that that some guys don't have a clue on, fortunately I was in a first-rate fraternity wher dudes lived for getting puss, so these grooming things I know about).

Anyways, getting the number is just the half of it. Then you obviously got to see the brawd to seal the deal (and call her to SEE her, etc., etc, ad infinitum).

[This message has been edited by BGC (edited 01-24-2001).]

ChrisFl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, BGC, you're saying you weren't always the big studboy? What prompted the change in you? Just moving to a new city, or reading this site, or what? Because I think a lot of people move to a new area thinking they can become a new person, but are held back by that old saying
Wherever you go, there you are.
Oh, was your main purpose for moving to another city to start things over, or just for career reasons?

[This message has been edited by ChrisFl (edited 01-24-2001).]

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Done BGC. I liked the library story. The challenge is a bit harder when you are sober and busy during the day.

Nevertheless it was totally situational. I still am wracking my brain thinking of a way to pick up a hot chick if we were just walking past one another in the street!

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, earlier I put out in (probably too much) detail how when I was younger I always got the most attention from girls, but then I got in a fight, broke my nose, didn't have set, and it was fukked-up for about ten years. Recently I got it fixed, and now I'm getting the attention I got way back when. Pretty nice, really.

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Peak:
I still am wracking my brain thinking of a way to pick up a hot chick if we were just walking past one another in the street!
I think I know the best approach.

Approach and say, "Excuse me. Could you tell me where you got that ---. I'm looking for a gift for a family member and I've been looking for that --- all over."

This does a few things. First, it indirectly compliments them. Second, it gets them in a conversation that they will most likely be more than happy to have. And it gets them talking about themselves. And it also is so quick and natural that it won't raise a hot chick's bittch shield. If you're a passable actor, I think this is the line to use.

I was just practicing it the other day, and a brawd TOOK OFF HER SHOE to show me the brand label!

ChrisFl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another question: how much time have you spent with these chicks before getting the numbers? It sounds like some of them might have been as little as 5-10 min. True?

I think I'm taking too long at these dances I attend to figure out whom to target, & maybe I'm spending too much time before asking. I can tell there are several prospects in the crowd, but by the time I get to the point of thinking I should ask for it soon or even now, I've been there a couple hours, & usually end up feeling like I should've maybe gone after five or six numbers instead of one or none. Hard to judge when I've gotten to the point where it's OK to ask.

It took me two evenings with the first chick to ask for & get the number. Then the next time out I went 0-for-1. Time after that, last night, was 0-for-0. So that's 1-for-2 over four events. (But then, those were the only two I ever asked for in that type of setting.) Why do I sense I should be at more like 5-for-10 or 10-for-20 by now?

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ChrisFl:
Another question: how much time have you spent with these chicks before getting the numbers? It sounds like some of them might have been as little as 5-10 min. True?

I think I'm taking too long at these dances I attend to figure out whom to target, & maybe I'm spending too much time before asking. I can tell there are several prospects in the crowd, but by the time I get to the point of thinking I should ask for it soon or even now, I've been there a couple hours, & usually end up feeling like I should've maybe gone after five or six numbers instead of one or none. Hard to judge when I've gotten to the point where it's OK to ask.

It took me two evenings with the first chick to ask for & get the number. Then the next time out I went 0-for-1. Time after that, last night, was 0-for-0. So that's 1-for-2 over four events. (But then, those were the only two I ever asked for in that type of setting.) Why do I sense I should be at more like 5-for-10 or 10-for-20 by now?
One thing I've learned in my experience of asking out probably about forty or fifty women in the last few months is, if you haven't spoken long enough, it's extremely, extremely awkward to ask her out. There's just that point after which you can ask her out. It's probably about four to five minutes. At a bare minimum.

But obviously you need her name. And some of her interests, and something she's going to be doing in the near future, even if trivial, so you can ask how such and such went when you call.

For the name, either ask her her name, "What's your name?" because this will let you know if she likes you, because if you pause after asking her, IF she likes you, she'll ask you your name. If she doesn't care for you, she won't ask you your name. Most of the time, that is.

I don't think dance lessons are the best place to pull numbers, man. First, a lot of chicks will have come with guys. Second, chicks don't go to dance lessons to meet guys. They go because they want to learn how to dance or because their boyfriend and guy friend wants to. Third, it's hard to pull numbers because of the environment, a big open room, often kind of bright. I don't what your place is like, of course, but the best place to go to get numbers is a bar.

You just walk up to a chick or a group of them and say something -- anything -- and if they're interested in talking, you'll know. Most likely, unless you're hideous, they'll talk with you, because THAT'S WHY THEY ARE THERE -- social interaction. Doesn't mean they will give up their number, but they'll probably talk to you.

I've got a perfect close to get the number. I got it partly from J. Nicholson in _Five Easy Pieces_. These two brawds come up and start flirting with him heavily, and he's a little surprised, and then after a few minutes he says, "Weeeeellll, it suuuuure was nice talking to you laaaadies . . . ."

I just say, "Well, it sure was nice meeting you and talking to you, but I'd better get going. Maybe you'd like to meet up for coffee some time?" I say, with a rising inflection.

(Another close that I'm going to try out is, "Maybe you'd like to continue this conversation another time?")

If she says anything other than why she can't, that she's busy, that she's doing this, etc. -- that is if she pauses at all, or looks down, or doesn't respond immediately, I know that means it's a yes.

No chick so far has ever directly and promptly uttered the word, "Yes." A chick wouldn't ever do that, I don't think, because, remember, chicks are deathly afraid of appearing easy. Even if they are the sluttiest slut in the world -- they want to look like they aren't.

So I just pull out my business card and a little pencil and hand it to her, and tell her to write down her name and number.

And that's that.

[This message has been edited by BGC (edited 01-25-2001).]

ChrisFl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BGC, thanks for the ideas in this thread. It's great to see someone take control of his life like you have. After reading some of your other threads about collecting numbers & drilling brawds, I had assumed you were one of those rare guys who always had his act together in that area. So to read that you weren't always up to your ears in chicks & changed yourself should be an inspiration to the rest of us.

> if you haven't spoken long enough, it's extremely, extremely awkward to ask her out.

Yep. I still think I may be waiting too long, which is OK if I get one good number, but cuts down the chances of going for multiples (not to mention the chance of only pursuing one at an event & not getting it
)

> But obviously you need her name. And some of her interests, and something she's going to be doing in the near future

Here's one of the 48 great things about social dancing. Any chick you ask will dance with you (I have a 99.5% acceptance rate), & right there you have at least 2-3 min of talk time & constant kino. It's standard to introduce yourselves, & easy to get right into questions like has she been there before, ever danced like that elsewhere, done other kinds of dancing, etc. I can easily get all that in one song. Then put her back on the shelf & repeat with another. Then work my way back to the first & pick up (pun intended) where that left off, repeat until we have several of these 3-min encounters under our belts

The hardest part is keeping track of them, finding them again since they keep moving, fitting in my groupies, & so on.

ChrisFl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think dance lessons are the best place to pull numbers, man. First, a lot of chicks will have come with guys. Second, chicks don't go to dance lessons to meet guys. They go because they want to learn how to dance or because their boyfriend and guy friend wants to. Third, it's hard to pull numbers because of the environment, a big open room, often kind of bright. I don't what your place is like, of course, but the best place to go to get numbers is a bar.
I'm guessing you've never been, so I'm gonna tell you how wrong you are while saying up front that I wouldn't expect you to know any more about it without having been there. Frankly, I wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't seen it, so don't take this as a slam on you.

1. These are dances, not lessons. There is usually a lesson at the beginning, about an hour, followed by four or five hours of open dancing. Beginner lesson = new people every time = chicks I haven't met = chicks needing an experienced guy to dance with. Oh, and a lot of people flood in an hour or two after the lesson. Mostly those in their 20s.

2. 80% of the women are there alone or with female friends. Very few couples. Many are there specifically to find men to dance with, because they are lonely or the men they know don't have the balls to dance in public.

3. The lighting during the dance is subdued, usually a disco ball shining circles on the floor. Like the high school prom. It's a big open room, full of females who are there to dance, & need a man to dance with, since this is a couples dance.

The kino & convo are automatic. All that's left is partner selection & closing the deal. When I get as good as pulling numbers as you are, getting half a dozen in one night should be easy.

Please tell me about a club or bar where I could go at 8 or 9 on a Wed night & find 150 people having a good time, almost always a female majority, where 80% of the women are not there with a date or hubby/BF, in a smoke-free environment, where people buy their own drinks but most are drinking nonalcoholic stuff, where there are no bouncers or searches or hassles, where I can get in a few hours of cardio while working the chicks & also building some male friendships at the same time, where there are new people every time yet plenty of others who know me by name (even in some cases where I don't remember their names). I will head out there next week! Yet I don't think such a bar exists.
So until someone proves me wrong, I'll stick with this.

BTW, I'm not ruling out typical nightclubs at all. I've got a buddy lined up, & I've also developed the ability to head out alone. I'll be chasing some trouble Saturday night at some of them.

I have to say it's cool to get a chick's number when you're both completely sober, & she remembers you when you call a week or two later.

[This message has been edited by ChrisFl (edited 01-26-2001).]

negotiator

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrisFl, let me tell you something about my experience with dancing with women to get numbers... I think, when you ask a woman for dance, you should first wait for her to start the convo. enjoy your time while dancing with her, look into her eyes confidently once in a while, but never come on too strong... If you start a convo right after asking her to dance (I mean any convo, what's your name?, do you always come here?,....), it will seem like you came there to meet girls, you're a little needy... you know what I mean? The best thing is to wait until the girl starts the convo and to seem like not much interested and came there simply to enjoy the dance... After she says something, you should lead on the conversation, tho, seem like you are a pleasant person to make conversation with, but not needy... After that, try to make your mind on the spot whether you want this girl or not... If you do, just don't prolong the dance too much, tell her that you are a little tired and ask her if she wants to sit... Then talk to her and get her number.

If she doesn't start the convo, and you think she's worth another chance, just say a line yourself and try to assess if she is interested in talking according to how the conversation goes. You'll know it. BGC's what's your name test is really good here. Ask her name, if she doesn't ask your name back, she is not interested.(some girls ask your name back, just for being polite, tho)

hope this helps...

negotiator

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ChrisFl:
I'm guessing you've never been, so I'm gonna tell you how wrong you are while saying up front that I wouldn't expect you to know any more about it without having been there. Frankly, I wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't seen it, so don't take this as a slam on you.

1. These are dances, not lessons. There is usually a lesson at the beginning, about an hour, followed by four or five hours of open dancing. Beginner lesson = new people every time = chicks I haven't met = chicks needing an experienced guy to dance with. Oh, and a lot of people flood in an hour or two after the lesson. Mostly those in their 20s.

2. 80% of the women are there alone or with female friends. Very few couples. Many are there specifically to find men to dance with, because they are lonely or the men they know don't have the balls to dance in public.

3. The lighting during the dance is subdued, usually a disco ball shining circles on the floor. Like the high school prom. It's a big open room, full of females who are there to dance, & need a man to dance with, since this is a couples dance.

The kino & convo are automatic. All that's left is partner selection & closing the deal. When I get as good as pulling numbers as you are, getting half a dozen in one night should be easy.

Please tell me about a club or bar where I could go at 8 or 9 on a Wed night & find 150 people having a good time, almost always a female majority, where 80% of the women are not there with a date or hubby/BF, in a smoke-free environment, where people buy their own drinks but most are drinking nonalcoholic stuff, where there are no bouncers or searches or hassles, where I can get in a few hours of cardio while working the chicks & also building some male friendships at the same time, where there are new people every time yet plenty of others who know me by name (even in some cases where I don't remember their names). I will head out there next week! Yet I don't think such a bar exists.
So until someone proves me wrong, I'll stick with this.

BTW, I'm not ruling out typical nightclubs at all. I've got a buddy lined up, & I've also developed the ability to head out alone. I'll be chasing some trouble Saturday night at some of them.

I have to say it's cool to get a chick's number when you're both completely sober, & she remembers you when you call a week or two later.

[This message has been edited by ChrisFl (edited 01-26-2001).]
Whoa, guy!

Took dancing lessons two years ago. Slow dance. Learned bunch of steps. Thought it would be useful. Never used it again. Almost everyone there came to learn how to dance. Wasn't much minglingly going on. If I were a chick and a dude was there alone and chattin' up every chick he danced with, I might get sketched out. But I'm not a chick, so that's just a guess (though I think a reasonable and logical one).

But, hey, man, if you're at dancing lessons pulling numbers and the numbers are turning into dates, I say keep doing it.

[This message has been edited by BGC (edited 01-26-2001).]

ChrisFl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dances (at a dance hall), man, not dance lessons (at a dance studio). That's the key difference.

And on the name thing, as soon as you grab a partner, it's customary to introduce yourself. Many of the women do that before I get a chance to. Oh, & I don't interrogate them the whole time. Maybe half the dance there's nothing being said, or small talk about the moves we're doing, but I don't make it look like an interview.

Wed I was running late & called that chick from outside before going into the dance. By then the beginner lesson was half over, so I got a drink & sat down to watch & start scoping for prospects. About a minute later the female half of the instructor team (who I've danced & talked with before- not for THAT reason, since the other teacher there is her hubby) walked all the way from the middle of the dance floor to my table & about dragged me into the class.

Also, I don't just hit on chick after chick. A majority of my dances are still with my groupies, who won't let me rest without flocking around me. (It's not just me- any guy with a pulse gets that treatment.) So anyone watching me should not get the impression that all I'm doing is "hunting". I also spend time chatting with some of the other guys I've been getting to know, so I've got several different things going on at once.

Again, BGC, props to you for getting all those numbers, but I think you need to step it up a notch & start doing some threesomes or better.
I wanna see you start drilling two or three chicks a night. C'mon, I know you can do it!

Interested

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BGC

hey thanks for this post. I liked reading it. I have to be more like you in some respects. Number one is that I still have a lot of trouble getting success when I approach women. Could be the different country I live in - but women I approach when I am out don't seem to want to convo with me. So after I make the approach I get this "I wish he would leave" vibe off the woman. You know that thing where you connect with the woman and the convo flows back and forth? Well I dont seem to get it when I approach women these days. So instead of feeling good for even having made the approach - i feel like cr@p.

Though I don't approach as many women as you have - I still have approached quite a lot over the last few years. But I still don;t like doing it. My approaches are usualy quite good I think - stuff like you do - "what do you think of the music here?", "are you having a good night?" , "where did you get that ---- " etc etc
How can I get a better response from women?

thanks

ChrisFl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More Q's for BGC:

1. What % of numbers you request do you get?

2. What % of numbers you get do you call? (Ever ask for any you don't really want just for the practice of getting the number?)

3. What % of numbers you call lead to dates or drilling excursions?

4. Is there a point where you'd decide you have all the numbers you can handle right now & stop asking for more until you use those? Or do you keep asking even if you got 100 last week?