Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

For those watching "the punisher" on netflix

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont you believe they are making it so damn slow with senseless drama and too much time on female characters that didnt even existed in the comics?

I find myself pushing the skip button more and more anytime they start with emotional talking and flashbacks of happy times, needless to say those parts have no role in the main storyline.

Talking about season 2, the first one was slightly better.

aray808311

Don Juan
Reaction score
is the first season worth watching? i'm having a hard time finding anything to watch on netflix

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't seen the second season yet, I imagine I'll get round to it eventually. I've become somewhat disenchanted with the Netflix Marvel series. I liked them at first, even Iron First, although Defenders was disappointing. They suffer from the same thing that early superhero movies suffered from. The idea that "No one would accept them in those silly costumes". So they just put them in their street clothes (except for Daredevil). That's okay for Jessica Jones, but Luke Cage and Iron Fist should have costumes IMO. Yeah, it's dumb, but it's part of the fun of genre. Without them, it's just a dumb series about people with abilities.

is the first season worth watching? i'm having a hard time finding anything to watch on netflix
Right now they've got a bunch of Monty Python stuff on, which is great. Trailer Park Boys is also good, if you like comedy.
The Punisher first appears in the second season of Daredevil, just FYI.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would give it a 6.5 so if you have nothing else to watch do it, otherwise watch narcos or occupied where you will get great plots and decent action.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somehow I liked the second season better than the first one.

I like the violence and blood. I don't like the overacting. That Billy Russo actor is always overdoing it with the shouting and yelling, trying to look like a maniac. It's like they searched for maniacal traits and then told him "Do 5 extreme displays of those traits per minute!" No nuance...

Then there's Dina Madani. Jesus, always that look on her face and in her eyes.. She is simply ALWAYS in that frantic, about-to-have-a-nervous breakdown state. Look at the bytch from Homeland how to do it. She's a hysterical bytch too but she's not in that state 100% of the time, she can be calm too, which is how real humans behave. No one is in one state 100% of the time. It's like these actors got shown a stereotype and always try to show that stereotype in every second of every scene.

Punisher himself is funny at times too. "Whoooooouuuuuaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" Always with the exaggerated yelling haha.

On the one hand, this is a show for grownups. On the other hand, it sometimes seems aimed at simple-minded teenagers.

Anyway, I liked it.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, but I'll just say that it's a tough character to build a TV show or movie around and probably just works better in comics.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still haven't finished the first season.

I'll watch an episode, and then forget about the series.

He was more interesting on Daredevil.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, but I'll just say that it's a tough character to build a TV show or movie around and probably just works better in comics.
I haven't seen the second season yet, but what I've seen so far is miles above the movie versions.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is that with limited storyline its hard to fill so many episodes therefore they puts unnecessary characters and drama, which they also use to keep the women interested.

Personally the punisher I liked the most was the one from mid 00s, here.

Also that actor didnt really convinces me, he seems more like a dumb private rather than a hightly skilled intelligent operator unlike the one from the 2004 movie.

Character is better made and the actor fits much more in the role.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally the punisher I liked the most was the one from mid 00s, here.
There's a vote for the movies.
Honestly, the Punisher as a character has never been a favorite. I mean his "super power" is that he shoots guns.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a vote for the movies.
Honestly, the Punisher as a character has never been a favorite. I mean his "super power" is that he shoots guns.
True but he can count on special hardwares and guns that his tech friend provides him...the one they left on season 1 to be replaced on season 2 from the teenage girl.

After all is the same for superman unless being loaded with money is a special power, that guy that throws arrows too but cant remember the name.

spinich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Polar" is kind of the same type of scenario. Lots of gore. Predictable plot, but entertaining for what it is.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After all is the same for superman unless being loaded with money is a special power, that guy that throws arrows too but cant remember the name.
I think you mean Batman, not Superman. Batman is Batman though, he's the James Bond of the superhero world.

Arrow guys are Green Arrow or Hawkeye, depending on which comic book company you're talking about. There are also some lesser heroes who shoot arrows: Green Arrow's sidekick Speedy (his "Robin" basically) is probably the most well known - he's also well known for doing heroin back in the 70s.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just can't get into it. I'll have it on, watch part of an episode, then it'll just be background noise.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you mean Batman, not Superman. Batman is Batman though, he's the James Bond of the superhero world.

Arrow guys are Green Arrow or Hawkeye, depending on which comic book company you're talking about. There are also some lesser heroes who shoot arrows: Green Arrow's sidekick Speedy (his "Robin" basically) is probably the most well known - he's also well known for doing heroin back in the 70s.
Yeah you're right I meant batman not superman, regarding the arrow guy I mean that guy from marvel who throws arrows and happen to see very far or something like that, basically not your everyday superher who benchpress a ton or run like speed.

I just can't get into it. I'll have it on, watch part of an episode, then it'll just be background noise.
Same here, some scenes I just have it run then open firefox and check emails while they talk on the backround.

Certain series are more like a chore to finish rather than a pleasure or let alone a curiosity to see how it goes.