Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fitness Standards: How Fat is “Fat?”

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try it with the chocolate milk, then after a while you'll realize you're still drinking egg whites. Then re visit drinking them plain and see if it has a psychological effect still. I too thought it would be gag inducing, but it wasn't because I already rationalized that I have been drinking them anyways... Regardless if there was other ingredients added.
I made the strawberry milk. Pretty tasty!

Only thing is, I find the egg whites a bit harder to chug than protein shakes. I can just knock protein shakes back, but the egg whites I have to sip a bit more slowly.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only thing is, I find the egg whites a bit harder to chug than protein shakes. I can just knock protein shakes back, but the egg whites I have to sip a bit more slowly.
I think this is just a psychological aversion to drinking egg whites. I took it slow the first few times also. It'll be like drinking water in no time.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is just a psychological aversion to drinking egg whites. I took it slow the first few times also. It'll be like drinking water in no time.
Maybe I’ll be able to do it one day without the Splenda. But then again, I use Splenda in nearly everything lol, including the cottage cheese I’m going to have later today. It’s such a diet hack

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's highly subjective...every person is going to look different and hold onto more fat in certain areas...

That picture is a guide but by no means can you 100% go by that to determine body fat levels.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's highly subjective...every person is going to look different and hold onto more fat in certain areas...

That picture is a guide but by no means can you 100% go by that to determine body fat levels.
Yeah, I’m absolutely miserable at the “visual eye test” lol. Also terrible at calipers.

I measure my progress using a BIA scale. I need to see the numbers so I know my program is actually doing something. You could argue that it’s inaccurate sure. But, I can use it to track changes, which is all I need. I like having that data on myself.

Plus, me using the mirror or calipers is impossible lol. I just like this chart so I have a rough idea of where to shoot for.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m absolutely miserable at the “visual eye test” lol. Also terrible at calipers.

I measure my progress using a BIA scale. I need to see the numbers so I know my program is actually doing something. You could argue that it’s inaccurate sure. But, I can use it to track changes, which is all I need. I like having that data on myself.

Plus, me using the mirror or calipers is impossible lol. I just like this chart so I have a rough idea of where to shoot for.
Try using the tape measure and track your measurements

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is using calipers impossible?
I was always terrible at using a caliper on myself. Twisting my hand, pinching correctly, holding my hand steady, etc. Even when I was a teen getting into bodybuilding I could never get an accurate or consistent reading.

I always had better luck with the BIA scale because you just step on it and it gives you your BF lol.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I was always terrible at using a caliper on myself. Twisting my hand, pinching correctly, holding my hand steady, etc. Even when I was a teen getting into bodybuilding I could never get an accurate or consistent reading.

I always had better luck with the BIA scale because you just step on it and it gives you your BF lol.
Those scales are highly inaccurate

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah the issue with the pics is fat distribution can differ in people; for instance you can have people that are slender up top but on the bottom are huge. I knew a girl like this - she had an enormous ass, comically big, but from the waist up was very slender. It was almost like everything she ate went straight to her ass.

When you start to look like the person in 20%+ it is time to go on a diet for sure.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo guys. Beach season is coming up, it’s time to start getting ready for it. I’m smack dab in the middle of my cut. It’s going well. At this point last year, I estimate that I was in the high 20s to low 30s in BF%. Chubby af lol.

Now, my estimated BF% is 23-24%. I’m going to continue this diet for a couple more months, and then take my pics before I do something of a maintenance phase.

When it comes to fitness, I’m absolutely a numbers guy. I love numbers. I think it’s the best way for you to measure your fitness and bodybuilding progress. I wanted to know, using BF%, what is the point where I can no longer consider myself “fat” or “chubby?”

I’m personally thinking it’s once you drop below 20%. That is also considered a “normal, healthy” range. But I’d like to hear a hard number from you all as well so that I can set a goal appropriately.

Once I hit the threshold of “not fat,” then I can really focus on aesthetics. And then I can take my time getting there, instead of having to be so aggressive with my cut.

I’ve also attached an Athlean-X Bodyfat chart.

So, I’d love to know what you all think. What is the hard BF% number to be considered not “fat?”

I look like 21%.
I’m literally on the stationary bike right now. Would be trying harder but only 5 1/2 hours of sleep last night.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Random thoughts I had but I guess this thread is an ok place to put it. I used to b*tch about having to hit a minimum protein requirement, but I never realized how bad I feel not eating protein lol.

I just had four wisdom teeth removed. There were a few days where I ate nothing but ice cream, and I had maybe, 20 G of protein a day? The ice cream was delicious but I have never felt worse in my life:lol:
Gotta have the protein.

I would love to have some chicken breast/thighs in sauce, or a bigass Ribeye to hit my protein but I think it’s gonna be like two weeks before I can do that. My teeth are killing me lol.

I’ve been getting all of my protein through cottage cheese and protein powder mixed together, or Egg Whites cooked in Ghee. It’s pretty cool to have the extra fat macros though since I can’t eat my carb sources like rice, popcorn etc. I actually enjoy having the higher fat macros, but I could never stick to a Keto diet long term. Dieting without rice cakes just seems like a miserable experience lol