Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Female Power Moves

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys,

What power moves have chicks pulled (or tried to pull) on you?

Of course, a power move is a little thing a chick does to try to exert some influence over you or over the relationship. Seeing that guys control relationships (or ought to), chicks in my experience try to pull power moves very often.

The one power move I've got a lot in the past is, chicks would leave stuff intentionally at your place, and then say they "forgot" it. I had a chick recently leave her watch and her ring at my place after we had sex.

Two years ago I was banging this chick and she was always trying to get me to forget my shhit at her place!

One night I was about to leave when I had a nagging feeling that I was forgetting something. Well, I threw around the bed and sheets, and lo: I found my hat under a pillow!

The bittch had hidden my hat!

And then when I called her on it, she just smiled guiltily and looked away!

I guess leaving their shhit at your place and making you leave your stuff at her place makes chicks feel more intimate with you.

Now I had a chick pull this thing on me yesterday. I don't know if it was a power move or not.

Two days ago I asked her out, she said yes.

Then yesterday she leaves a message for me, telling me she forget whether dinner was at 7:30 at the restaurant or whether she was supposed to be at my place at 7:30. When I re-listened to the message, I noticed she never said she was sorry for forgetting. And actually she didn't even sound very sorry.

So was this a power move by her, to force ME to call her? And if doing this is a power move, what do you think is the best way of handling it?

The way I actually handled it was I left a very brief message for her telling her when to come by. But I CHANGED the time. I said 7:15, just to make sure she knew who was in control here!

Do you think I handled it well? And was that really a power move?

And also, what other power moves have chicks pulled on you guys, or power moves that you've heard about it?

Two other moves I've heard about:

A chick will find out how you feel on a certain, serious issue, then say she feels exactly the opposite, and then she'll see if you change your view to match hers. If you do, she'll think you're weak.

A chick will try to change the time of a date, or change the location of a date.

Throw out your thoughts, fellas. Let's get some ideas flowin'!

[This message has been edited by BGC (edited 01-09-2001).]

Boodrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
You ask a girl what she wants to eat, she says, "I don't know". You say, "Let's got for ____". She says that she doesn't really want that or that she's not hungry for that. She might actually do this multiple times in one night. That's a power move. Say what you want to eat and take her there.

That is one of a MILLION of examples of power moves that they will put you through. Just make sure that you take care of business and stand up for your wants and needs. They will respect you for it, even if they seem pissed or upset.

There are times, however, when you MUST bend. These times seem to be only in LTR's, but they crop up from time to time. You can usually tell when these are because she will suddenly display this power from out of nowhere. That's when you know that she wants it and you'd better do it. All of the other times, she wants you in charge.

Just $.02.

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The one power move I've got a lot in the past is, chicks would leave stuff intentionally at your place, and then say they "forgot" it. I had a chick recently leave her watch and her ring at my place after we had sex."

I luv it when they leave thier panties at my place!

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boodrow:
You ask a girl what she wants to eat, she says, "I don't know". You say, "Let's got for ____". She says that she doesn't really want that or that she's not hungry for that. She might actually do this multiple times in one night. That's a power move. Say what you want to eat and take her there.

That is one of a MILLION of examples of power moves that they will put you through. Just make sure that you take care of business and stand up for your wants and needs. They will respect you for it, even if they seem pissed or upset.

There are times, however, when you MUST bend. These times seem to be only in LTR's, but they crop up from time to time. You can usually tell when these are because she will suddenly display this power from out of nowhere. That's when you know that she wants it and you'd better do it. All of the other times, she wants you in charge.

Just $.02.

You kind of brought up a power move, man, but just kind of.

Of course you never ask her what she wants to eat.

But what happens if you pin down a day and a time and then you say, "You like Thai, right?" and she says, "No."

I think if a chick is really interested in you, then even if she doesn't usually eat a certain kind of food, she'll say she likes it.

But with 10s that might be a different story.

I guess a 10, just to exert power, might say they don't like a certain food.

I haven't had that happen before.

But if a chick said she didn't like a certain type of food, I would propose another specific type, and then if she didn't like that type as well, I would not propose something new.

I would insist on the second one, telling her she'd probably like it the way this special place prepares it, etc.

Anyways, Boodrow, guy, it doesn't help to say there are "millions" of power moves and then cite only one!

And M-man,

Are you being sincere? Have you had chicks leave their panties and say they "forgot" them, or just plain leave them for you to have, as, like, a gift?

I've never had that happen. Is that something chicks do a lot? Anybody? And what do you gather they intend to mean by it?

------------------
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing."

--George Bernard Shaw

[This message has been edited by BGC (edited 01-09-2001).]

Krynnster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend (okay... I think it's time I started to call her "girlfriend") just pulled the ultimate move on me last weekend: she gave me a key to her apartment. I'm not sure this is exactly a "power move" but it does signify something like "you're mine".

K.

------------------
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly" - The Dalai Lama.

Boodrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BGC:

Anyways, Boodrow, guy, it doesn't help to say there are "millions" of power moves and then cite only one!
Good point, I can see that. That's what I've seen from my own experience which, granted, is somewhat limited.

Need to work on the not asking what they want to eat.

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krynnster:
My girlfriend (okay... I think it's time I started to call her "girlfriend") just pulled the ultimate move on me last weekend: she gave me a key to her apartment. I'm not sure this is exactly a "power move" but it does signify something like "you're mine".

K.

Well, if some guy was going with a chick and she was pressuring him to commit to her exclusively, and then one day threw the key to her place on his lap -- that'd be a hell of a power move.

See so much of their actions are symbolic. So a chick giving you the key to her apartment would be like her inviting you to be with her only. But since this invitation is actually a physical thing, you can't just ignore it, or say maybe.

It's like, if you don't give the key back, then you kind of accept her terms.

I don't know the details on your brawd, Krynnster, so I don't know if she used her giving you the key to her apartment as a power move or not.

PS What do you think of a chick forgetting the time of a date and calling you about it?

Krynnster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BGC:
What do you think of a chick forgetting the time of a date and calling you about it?
I think it means that she's interested in going out with you
. Seriously, you can analyze this all you want -- maybe she did forget or maybe she's just putting on a show -- I really think that it doesn't matter. Power move or not, you should take this as a sign of high interest and push forward.

My motto is pretty simple: as long as I'm not getting bad vibes and things are generally moving along the way I want them to, I don't try to analyze or question the motives.

Hope this helps...

K.

------------------
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly" - The Dalai Lama.

ChrisFl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
> I luv it when they leave thier panties at my place!

Yeah, it's always nice to have something to hang on the walls. It's the little things that make a house a home.

Plus if she's really hot, her panties make a nice face "muff" for going outside on a cold night.

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krynnster:
I think it means that she's interested in going out with you
. Seriously, you can analyze this all you want -- maybe she did forget or maybe she's just putting on a show -- I really think that it doesn't matter. Power move or not, you should take this as a sign of high interest and push forward.

A Freudian would say actually that she probably doesn't have an interest in you! Otherwise she would have remembered!

But I know what you mean. Possibly sometimes you can analyze things too much. But most of the time, I think more analysis is better than less analysis.

Because what we're doing here on this board is "analyzing" every aspect of a relationship with a woman -- from the beginning, to the end, to all the fun fun stuff in between.

And also, remember, chicks are very sublte and they pull a lot of these moves more than I think guys realize.

No one commented on it, but did you see when I mentioned how one chick I read about admitted to finding out what a guy thought on a certain issue, then stating she had just the OPPOSITE opinion -- just to see if he'd sway a little in his opinion.

To me, all one has to do is hear of that, hear of what some chicks to do get power in a relationship -- and it makes you wonder about very, very minor things.

For instance, here's another thing I read about.

Cosmo had some article supposedly telling its chick readers how they could tell whether a guy was really into them.

One of the ways was to take off their watch while sitting across from their boyfriend or date, and put it in the middle of the table.

Cosmo said guys who picked it up and played with it were really into the chicks. Guys who touched it but left it where it was were kind of into them, and guys who didn't touch it at all might not have been into them. Guys who picked it up and HANDED IT BACK TO THE CHICKS (hell yeah!
) were actively UN-into the chicks.

You guys gotta agree that's some pretty sneaky shhit. So we gotta keep your eyes open. Comprendre?

------------------
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing."

--George Bernard Shaw

BigBadJon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still trying to think of some replies to this topic, but the Cosmo thing reminded me of a sales trick that may be able to be used with women at certain times.

A salesman drops a pen on the floor in front of the customer. If the customer immediately bends down to pick it up, this tells the salesman that the customer should be the submissive type, an easy close.

It makes sense if you tried this with a woman that her actions (eagerness to pick up object, her speed in doing so) should be able to tell you a lot about her.

Just a passing thought.

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Power Move Quotes from my ex (a foreigner to this country) who I have to thank for helping me see the light of day when it comes to women.

When you are trying to have a life away from the gorgeous woman so you can actually spend some time not thinking about her:
"You don't call me often enough. I hate it when guys don't call me at least every two days cause it means that they are trying to play games".

You broke one of her unwritten and quite changeable rules:
"We need to talk".

When you haven't bonked her yet:
"I'm not sure if I want to make love with you or not cause I really need to FEEL totally in love first. I don't understand it but I have been feeling like that only for the last 3 months".

When she breaks a date at short notice:
"I called and told your office mate that I couldn't make the date cause I was dragged into urgent meetings at work. I didn't realise the message wouldn't be passed on to you."

Her lateness:
"In my country when we make a date we always turn up 20 minutes late, it's normal!"

When you wish to retain your precious sporting time:
"Rock climbing [insert the sport you love] is so dangerous do you really have to do it? It makes me feel so uncomfortable and I couldn't be with a guy that may get seriously injured so easily!"

When you want to binge drink with your buddies:
"Yeah I don't like it when guys go out in groups drinking, it's ugly. I could never see a guy that does that."

When you are drooling to see her naked, but haven't yet:
"I always walk around the house naked when no-one is there, but yesterday my neighbours saw me while I was in the backyard."

When she lies about really being "into" you.
"I called you so many times, you must have been out of your office, so I went out with my friends instead."

Breaking a date well in advance:
"Oh sorry can we put the date off till (3 days later), cause I met some of my country mates at a pub last night and I promised them I would cook them dinner cause they are leaving the state tomorrow. I'm sure you would find it boring and we will be speaking (another language) all night."

When she wants physical control:
"I only like to be touched sometimes, depending on my mood. Sometimes I'm really horny that I'm just always wet, but other times I don't want to be touched and I can't predict when either will happen."

When she wants to make you think you have very strong opposition for her:
"Well I couldn't believe it when he drove fifty kilometres to buy me the bikini I have been looking in the shops for the last 2 weeks. To top it off he bought my brother a stuffed turtle for his birthday, it was so sweet!"

When she goes out with friends:
"You don't mind if I dance with other guys while I'm out with my friends do you? Well of course they always buy me drinks after but it doesn't mean anything."

Testing your reaction to her personality traits:
"Well we are so alike that I'm not sure if we are compatible as a couple."

To see if you will breakdown and finally go clothes shopping with her:
Five minutes into a coffe date -- " oh my goodness, I forgot that I needed to buy a new top for tonight. Let's go to the nearby shops are look for one".

When you have purposely not seen her for a week so that the bytch's interest may have actually got a little higher:
"Well it's been so long since we've seen each other I don't know how I feel anymore"

Her attempts to make you feel even more insecure:
"Well he always gives me single free tickets to (latest sporting or social event you can't afford) so that maybe we can catch up for a drink just to say hello".

When you finally get some lip smacking from the bytch:
"oh my goodness I have to go otherwise I will miss my bus!.

[This message has been edited by Peak (edited 01-11-2001).]

negotiator

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow Peak, this girl is really working for more power.. Continuously on her toes testing you and the relationship. You must have paid a lot of attention not to eat all of this ****... Where was she from?

negotiator

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by negotiator:
Wow Peak, this girl is really working for more power.. Continuously on her toes testing you and the relationship. You must have paid a lot of attention not to eat all of this ****... Where was she from?
She is Scandanavian. I think she is an expert at getting power in the relationship from a guy. She is really beautiful and all my mates used to just drool over her. She would chat to them like she was very interested when she didn't even care 2 cents for those guys.

I thank her for putting me through the wringer on relationships and letting me see women's power tricks for what tey really are.

WildThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Peak:
Her lateness:
"In my country when we make a date we always turn up 20 minutes late, it's normal!"
They're all familiar, but this one really came screaming back at me. One date I had made a big point of how she was never on time for anything because it didn't matter to her. 'A woman's privilege' she called it.

Even as a one-time AFC I decided that was as far as she was going to get with me.

But... how do you deal with all of these? Snarling '**** you, *****' and walking off isn't go to work, and doesn't look cool. (Unless you decide that anyone this into playing games is too high maintenance to bother with, of course.)

Is there some common thread that makes it easy to improvise an answer to all of these -I mean something more practical and subtle than 'I'm in charge and you're not, and I'm not taking any crap from you'?

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, fellas, i'm totally serious here so please if you don't believe me I'd rather you not answer me than start all of the ridiculous attention whoore stuff.

Okay. Would you guys consider this a woman trying to pull a power move: what if you sort of hinted to your female friend that you would like to see some half nude photos of her and she sent you some (topless w/panites and kitty shots). Would you think that she was tryng to influence you or take control over your sexuality then? Would you get mad and ignore her in order to make sure that she knows that you're not influenced?

I hope that you understand the question.
SB:confused:

Ladiesssman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Peak, what do you do? How do you response? If my girl is this powering and manipulative, I wouldn't know how to handle her.

If she orders you, "go get me a drink." What do you do?

And all those other scenarios that you've shared with us?