Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feeling Blue?--Go for a run!

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be 5 miles of non-stop running, or even 3 miles.

It can be as little as 1.5 to 2 miles. As long as you DON'T STOP from point A to point B and can hold it for at least 15 to 20 minutes your body will release endorphins and you will immediately feel better for about a couple of hours.

Not to mention that confidence you will feel (running is hard) from going from that Point A to Point B without stopping and pushing through the pain.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It can be as little as 1.5 to 2 miles. As long as you DON'T STOP from point A to point B and can hold it for at least 15 to 20 minutes your body will release endorphins and you will immediately feel better for about a couple of hours.

Not to mention that confidence you will feel (running is hard) from going from that Point A to Point B without stopping and pushing through the pain.
It lasts 4-6 hours. The metabolism is also raised during this time period.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It lasts 4-6 hours. The metabolism is also raised during this time period.
I think it depends on how long you run. This morning I only did about 1.75 miles and it wore off kind of quick.

If would of ran for 40 minutes, it would last longer.

Billtx49

Reaction score

Yep, if a man runs often enough, those endorphins start releasing sooner from the run start and he actually looks forward to the run for that purpose also. The run start actually releases a sense of euphoria.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, if a man runs often enough, those endorphins start releasing sooner from the run start and he actually looks forward to the run for that purpose also. The run start actually releases a sense of euphoria.
It's love/hate as well.

Most people DO NOT run, because it is very challenging. When I am running and I am tired and want to quit it is like torture. However, when you are done, you feel like a million bucks (mentally). It's what keeps bringing you back for more.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's love/hate as well.

Most people DO NOT run, because it is very challenging. When I am running and I am tired and want to quit it is like torture. However, when you are done, you feel like a million bucks (mentally). It's what keeps bringing you back for more.
Most people don't run because they don't want to become skinny fat. It releases the wrong hormones...catabolic instead of anabolic.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was in my late teens/early 20s I had that rush of endorphins from gym sessions.

Now despite they are longer and heavier, I dont get it anymore.

I only get it after mma class when I'm exhausted.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people don't run because they don't want to become skinny fat. It releases the wrong hormones...catabolic instead of anabolic.
Not sure if I agree.

I've heard people say many times they only run if somebody is chasing them.

Running is uncomfortable, hard and boring. That's the main reason people don't do it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not sure if I agree.

I've heard people say many times they only run if somebody is chasing them.

Running is uncomfortable, hard and boring. That's the main reason people don't do it.
Or because they don't want to lose muscle and gain fat while doing something hard uncomfortable and boring. Why would you do something hard and boring to get negative results?

Billtx49

Reaction score
Or because they don't want to lose muscle and gain fat while doing something hard uncomfortable and boring. Why would you do something hard and boring to get negative results?
Most people of both sexes do it for the exercise / fitness / weight loss factor. Back in my 10K days I did have a gym trainer once tell me that it only built muscles in the lower half of my body tho …

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great way to clear your mind. I was doing it 2-3 times a week. The last few weeks it's been nonstop wind and rain so I'm on a hiatus. (There is STILL and indoor mask mandate where I live so gym treadmill ain't happening.)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Most people of both sexes do it for the exercise / fitness / weight loss factor. Back in my 10K days I did have a gym trainer once tell me that it only built muscles in the lower half of my body tho …
Newsflash, it isn't building muscle in any part of your body, it's actively eating the muscle.

From your bodies perspective, the less muscle you are carrying the lighter you are and the easier it is to carry out the activity.

The body is lazy, it wants to make it as easy as possible to do things for itself.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I run stairs, I never run for distance or endurance.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it depends on how long you run. This morning I only did about 1.75 miles and it wore off kind of quick.

If would of ran for 40 minutes, it would last longer.
Endorphin effect on me last around 6 hours, it's a good reason to do early morning workouts.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Running is cool. I can’t wait to start back up for this season. I do 2 miles for warm up. Then old track drills and sprints. Agreed with the OP, the endorphin rush is great.