Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Everything in life bores the hell out of me...

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been having a seriously strange problem lately. Everything I do in my life, seems boring as hell.
No matter how far I go, how crazy a thing I do, how much "fun" I have, it just keeps on being boring.

I know how it's all supposed to feel, and I know that other people are feeling it that way, but to me it just remains boring!
I can be having a blast of a conversation with someone, them having the time of their life, but at the end I still feel like I'm bored, like I want something even more entertaining!
I can dance like hell, flirt with plenty of girls and come home at night, feeling like it was a fvcking boring night.
I've got the feeling that even when I do have sex, I'll just be feeling like it was fvcking boring.

How the hell do I make life more enjoyable?? Or is there something severely wrong with me?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been going through the same thing myself lately and have lost motivation for everything. It's like everything around me is banal and pointless.

Ever heard the phrase "seeing the world through rose tinted spectacles"? Meaning, some people see the best in everything, whereas this works the opposite way too. The way you feel about things is determined by your perception of them and your perception is determined by your mood. It could be a case of depression or stress.

earthshyne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by I-am-someone
I've been having a seriously strange problem lately. Everything I do in my life, seems boring as hell.
What are your expectations? Define that first, then decide what's boring and what's not. (This is not meant as a shot or an insult, by the way, it's just a quick bit to try & discover and define the particular issue. PM me if you want.)

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My expectations? Good question!
I look to enjoy life, primarily.
However, nothing really seems worth enjoying, as it all bores me. So that is a goal I can never achieve.

I enjoy having fun, but it's really hard for me to feel that rush you have while having fun for some reason.

I often feel like I'm a soldier, out there to do a job, that has to show as little emotion as possible, achieving a certain goal I have set for myself, but a goal that is basically undefined.

My emotions almost always feel fake.

I'm thinking this is basically bad self-programming. I've been extremely temperamental throughout the first 12 years of my life - I'd get frustrated at the slightest thing, get into fights over nothing and plenty of other things.
Over the last 8 years of my life, I have slowly grown colder and colder, because society expected me to. This has gotten to the point where I feel completely without emotion, at this moment. I act on things because I need to act on them. I don't act on them because I feel something.
People don't know I'm this cold inside, because I've managed to learn how to become a normal person on the outside.

Strangely, if I hurt someone or do something horrible, I don't regret it. If a woman turns me down horribly, I'll be like "Fvck, that sucks" and move on after about 10 seconds. This attitude has probably been the downfall with most of my relationship with women - I don't have any emotions, including feeling normal attraction towards women. I literally have to tell myself to feel attracted towards them, or I will forget and just be cold towards them (I'm straight, don't worry), which they usually read like I don't like them.

I have several friends that have been undertaking criminal things to have fun most of their lives, such as setting off illegal fireworks. Personally, I have never found any kind of enjoyment out of it. The adrenaline rush they get when the cops chase them, is non-existant with me. I analyse the situation, tell them what to do to get away from the cops and I save the day every time. I've always been known to be the sensible guy without fear. And to be honest, I can't really remember the last time I was really really afraid of something.

Yesterday, I was perscribed some medication for low adrenaline levels. I think that this may just fix it, but right now I feel even more emotion-less than I have ever felt before.
I thought about doing E a while ago, to see if I could actually get my system to work with that. It'd just be temporary though, so it's not even worth the experiment to me.

I have been so desensitized I just don't know of a way back. There's nothing in the world that makes me feel anything. People around me could die and I probably wouldn't cry or feel the sadness that normal people would feel.
This runs in the family though. My dad is exactly like this. My grandfather from my dad's side was exactly like this. His entire family was like this. Emotionless all the time.

My biggest problem is, that I really know how it used to feel, but it won't come back anymore. I can remember a time when I was truly happy, but it's impossible for me to get back into that state.
If nothing life makes you happy... why should you do anything? It's become a fruitless search of finding something that will make me happy, time after time finding out that it still didn't make me happy.

AIR-PILOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finding something you like is the HARDEST THING. People might never find it, they might die looking, some people find out when their in their 40s and they do some rapid career change etc. etc. Some people are blessed and are born with something they want to do. I am one of those people, from the day I was born I knew I wanted to be a pilot, Decades later I am. I have a lot of motivation and nothing can stop me. Write things down that you like, or see everyday, maybe that might give you some ideas. Everyone has something they like, dig deep into your heart, it's their.

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because you're looking for outer things to bring you happiness.

Relax.

Have fun on the inside, and then you'll be able to have fun on the outside.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by alphawolfx
That's because you're looking for outer things to bring you happiness.

Relax.

Have fun on the inside, and then you'll be able to have fun on the outside.
Hmm... I don't usually say this... but...
That's wisdom...

Just those few lines, are bible-worthy to me :)

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AIR-PILOT
Finding something you like is the HARDEST THING. People might never find it, they might die looking, some people find out when their in their 40s and they do some rapid career change etc. etc. Some people are blessed and are born with something they want to do. I am one of those people, from the day I was born I knew I wanted to be a pilot, Decades later I am. I have a lot of motivation and nothing can stop me. Write things down that you like, or see everyday, maybe that might give you some ideas. Everyone has something they like, dig deep into your heart, it's their.
lucky you. i wish i had a direct focus on what i really want my mind seems to be goin on ten different things at once.

AIR-PILOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by skeeloo
lucky you. i wish i had a direct focus on what i really want my mind seems to be goin on ten different things at once.
There must be one thing out of those "10" that you like more than the other. It's their, you will find out, maybe tomorrow maybe in 10 years. ;)

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by I-am-someone

I often feel like I'm a soldier, out there to do a job, that has to show as little emotion as possible, achieving a certain goal I have set for myself, but a goal that is basically undefined.

My emotions almost always feel fake.

Strangely, if I hurt someone or do something horrible, I don't regret it.
Hi

I think that if you tried to find ways to develop COMPASSION for other people, you would find profound joy and happiness.

I'm working on improving my compassion for others. I now realize that I've been one selfish son of a *****, and it's high time I tried to think about other peoples 'plight' in life just as much as my own.

You can do the things you do and not care about it, i.e. hurting someones feelings etc because you don't have much compassion for them. You couldn't care less about them.

You think that they are some how different/very seperate from you and thus don't care.

The reality is that we are all inter-dependant on others. Other peoples happiness affects our happiness. If we can help somebody else out of suffering, we will feel better about ourselves.

I think that you have probably done a lot of things that others can't do. Maybe you've accomplished all the major obstacles that most people face...do you think that maybe you could now shift your focus to helping others?

Cause and Effect is the name of the game. If you help someone else out, they'll bend over backwards to help you out when you're in need.

Good Luck Bro :cool:

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If your bored you can take up new hobbies maybe try clubbing baby seals or use the Bowflex. Maybe read a book, like "How Goldberg Saves Christmas"

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Put concrete goals to do in a certain amount of time... example:

Get 10k$ in a year.

And/or:

Get 2 inches in your arm in the next 6 months...

etc etc.

Goals like having fun, or, whatever, just don't work, and are a waste of life.

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you're missing something from you're life on a subconscious level? And it seems like maybe you feel like you have to feel? You don't need to go to an extent to feel something. The beauty of life is you don't have to do anything. You can go outside and climb mountains and stay as long as you want. Just do whatever you think will make you happy.
I also agree with everyone here.
Oh and man I kind of feel the same way. I'm also trying to make myself happy.

Good luck to you.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Signs and symptoms of depression (or a depressive episode) include:
Lasting sad, anxious, or empty mood
Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed, including sex
Decreased energy, a feeling of fatigue or of being "slowed down"
Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
Restlessness or irritability
Sleeping too much, or can't sleep
Change in appetite and/or unintended weight loss or gain
Chronic pain or other persistent bodily symptoms that are not caused by physical illness or injury
Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ScrewIt
Signs and symptoms of depression (or a depressive episode) include:
Lasting sad, anxious, or empty mood
Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed, including sex
Decreased energy, a feeling of fatigue or of being "slowed down"
Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
Restlessness or irritability
Sleeping too much, or can't sleep
Change in appetite and/or unintended weight loss or gain
Chronic pain or other persistent bodily symptoms that are not caused by physical illness or injury
Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
That's me. :D

Seriously.

arq-dj1

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to realise that happyness comes from the inside to the outside...

You can name a dog whatever the name u want to, and u can see the world how u choose too...

i truly believe in that... however, i always feel i should be doing something, or that im totaly alone and by myself in this world... is almost as if a was out of the matrix or something..

i have a gf, parents, friends, money, car, future

but everything seems ridiculously meaningless

i keep leaving, what else can i do? :(