Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ever felt like crap? Stuck in a rut? Motion determines emotion... read this!

Was this post helpful to you?

• I have reached my epiphany after reading this post!

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Yes, there's some good stuff in there, ill keep this in mind...

Votes: 43 62.3%
  • Meh, isnt this common knowledge? Sonick is an idiot for stating the obvious

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • What a waste of time! I wasted 10 minutes of my life i want it back!

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • This was absolutely BS, i feel dumber after reading this!

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Foreward: This is my first 'BIG' post, and i really hope this helps you guys, especially the newbies, or those people who are just having a rough time with their lives right now. This post may seem familiar to some of you. Well, im just gonna say that this post has beem hugely motivated my TONY ROBBINS. One of his lessons in emotional management is basically what this post will restate. Just a word so people wont say like "you no talent hack! You got that off Tony Robbins!" Its just that when i listened to it, it made so much sense, I had to share my knowledge. I dont care how many people will say im an idiot, if i TRULY help ONE person out there, I'll be happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure most of you guys here have had days, even weeks where you felt like absolute crap. Nothing's going right for you, you feel weak, tired, sick of life, just plain depressed. I'm also certain that you guys have felt unstoppable, like you're on top of the world, nothing can defeat you. Lets say somebody looks at you in these two states of mind. If you dont say anything, do you think they can tell in which state of mind you're depressed and which you feel on top of your game?

Of course!

Now, why do you think that is? Duh, your posture, just your overal physicality of your body. I want you to imagine the doorbell of your home rings. You open the door, a person is standing there. He is sad. Describle for me, what he's like, whats his posture like?

Slumped over?
Head up or down?
Eyes up or down? Looking at the bright blue heavenly skies, or down on the ground?
How is he breathing? Deep? Shallow?
How are his facial expressions? Your face has more than 80 muscles. Is this sad person flexing them, or just letting them go limp?

The answers SHOULD be fairly obvious. Why is that? Why do we associate depressed people with those specific physical characteristics? Its because when you're depressed, your brain tells you to do it. Your emotions work in-sync with your body.

Try something with me here for a moment...

I want you to sit up on your chair right now, no wait, stand up for a second. TALL, breath fully and deeply, and look at your ceiling. Okay, glance back down to read this, but try to keep your eyes up. Now, SMILE the BIGGEST SMILE you can give, smile like your life depended on it. DO IT! SMILE! Nobody's looking, do it! Grin like an idiot!
Now, while your standing tall, breathing deeply, looking at the ceiling, smiling the biggest smile you've ever flashed, now, WITHOUT MOVING A MUSCLE, keeping in this position, i want you to...

GET DEPRESSED!!! But DONT MOVE!!! Don't drop your shoulders, keep your back straight, keep grinning, but GET DEPERSSED! No cheating! I see you if you dropped your head, or stopped smiling, so dont cheat ;)

Okay, sure some of you guys being smartasses will say "Dude, I got depressed while smiling and all that"... Whatever, if you think like that, click BACK on your browser, and go read another article.
Most of you however, if you're honest will realize you can't. Well whatever, you're happy now, sit down and keep reading while you're happy :)

So some of you may ask "so whenever im depressed i should stand up where I am, grin like an idiot, and stare up at the ceiling like a retard?" Sure! Whatever.. but thats not the point.

The point is, when you tried to get depressed while displaying all those HAPPY phsyical traits, your brain is trying to go against itself. Your brain wants to get depressed, but your body is telling the brain to not get depressed, by your facial expression, your posture. Every phsyical thing you do will affect your emotion. The way you walk, the way you talk, the way you sit, every one of these things attribute to your emotional state at any given moment.

Now you may have read posts here saying if you're not feeling on top of your game, tell yourself "I AM THE MAN! IM DA MAN! I RULE! ALL THE GIRL WANT ME!" Sure that MAY work for some, but after you do it for awhile, your brain will realize its BS, and it wont be as effective. Its not enough! What you've gotta do is FORCE your brain to feel great.

Many people here work out to feel good. Working out is infact a great way to manage emotions. When you work out, you breath long deep breaths, you flex your muscles, get blood flowing, you have to maintain good body posture. After your work out, your back and neck are straight, your breaths are deep, your muscles are tight. Whereas before the workout, it was the complete opposite. Working out has FORCED your body, which in turn forces your brain to feel good.
Another example of this is people who smoke. Sure most will say "its the nicotine" or whatever chemicals that make a smoker feel good. Yeah thats true, but also, when you smoke, you take long deep breaths. It may not seem like a big deal but it is.

I want you guys to do something for me. For the next few hours, days, weeks, whatever, I want you to measure your emotional state. 0 being you're DEADa, and 10 is you're UNSTOPPABLE! Throughout the day, measure yourself to get a good feel of what you're at and how you feel.
Once you get used to this, try to apply this to situations, say doin some C+F routine with a girl you may know. You've talked to her before, so you're not too threatening, you can really shine wtihout scaring her away. What level do you need to ooze with Mojo? 10 right?! What do you feel right now? 7, 8? Not bad, but you're mind isnt in a state where itll preform at its optimum level! What do you do?! Use your body to control your mind. At a club? Great! GO out and dance, get the blood flowing, then go approach her. Not at a club? Then pull your back straight, head up, and LAUGH to yourself. Then settle down. You should have a residual smile which'll boost your emotional state.

As they said in the matrix "the body cannot live without the mind". Why is that? The two are interconnected. Your brain is emotionally attatched to your body. You can use your body to control your emotions. You can CONTROL your muscles, but you cannot control your thoughts. Your muscles control your emotions. The smart thing to do is use your control of the muscles to indirectly control your emotions!
Another example from a movie. BOILER ROOM, one of the must-watch for DJs. Ben Affleck makes a speech about the phrase ACT AS IF... Act as if you're the president of the company, act as if you have a nine-inch ****. Now acting? Acting requires you to use your BODY to display emotions. So if you act that way using your body, you can 'trick' your brain into feeling that way, and boom, you've managed your emotional state.

I leave you with a phrase. It rhymes, so its easy to remember... "Your motion determines your emotion". Remember that the next time you feel down. Get off your lazy ass and move! Don't let your depressed mind make you more depressed, TAKE CONTROL!

Take control of YOUR body, and force your stupid little mind to FEEL GOOD! FEEL GOOD DAMMIT! SMILE! BACK STRAIGHT, FLEX THOSE BIG MUCLES! GET SOME BLOOD FLOWING!

If you can't control yourself, how will you control other people, how will you LEAD other people?

Thank you for reading!

Edit: Ohyeah, please rate my post if you liked it ;)

Last edited:

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OMG THIS IS SOME RAW SH!T WHAT I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR EVER SINCE I'VE FOUND THIS SITE! IT MEANS MORE THEN JUST GETTING GIRLS THIS RIGHT HERE EXPLAINS WHO I REALLY AM!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH SONIC! PROPS!!!

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was a great post man. One of the best Ive seen in a while.

I never really realized this, but after I tried your excercise, I realized ur exactly correct. I will ALWAYS remember this sonick.

Thanks.

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
999999999999999999999999999 out of 10 :D

This is excellent advice! Why didn't I ever realize this connection? Thank you Sonick and thank you Tony Robbins!

toot86

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

Originally posted by PEACEDJ
OMG THIS IS SOME RAW SH!T WHAT I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR EVER SINCE I'VE FOUND THIS SITE! IT MEANS MORE THEN JUST GETTING GIRLS THIS RIGHT HERE EXPLAINS WHO I REALLY AM!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH SONIC! PROPS!!!
\

do i smell sarcasam? It better not be any cause you will smell what toot86 is cooking..

MAN iam soo cheesy

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are ya cookin', pancakes?

HAR HAR HAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tampakris

Don Juan
Reaction score
Motion determines emotion

Excellent post. Let me add that there is a very natural way to boost your motion to improve emotion. Running. Run or jog until you can't run or jog no more. Then walk it off. You will walk more relaxed, stand more relaxed, talk more relaxed. You motion will be more relaxed. Your emotion will be more relaxed.

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely about the running... Again its exercise, deep breaths, loose but flexed muscles, blood/adrenaline/testostrone pumping through your veins, its great...

Ohyeah, look foreward to another post by me... I got a topic in mind (passion) that i might wanna write about.. i just need some inspiration...

anyways, thanks for the praise guys... and PeaceDJ, i really do hope thats not sarcasm ;)

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its true - your body movements and posture can determine your mood. Thats why you're rarely depressed when you are running or involved in intense exercise.

I usually spend hours doing my essays in front of the computer for university, and I can say that without regular 10-second breaks for a quick stretch and movement, I would feel pretty sh!tty.

baby_bass

Reaction score
good advice, Tony Robbins, who's this positivity guru says something very similar. Nice one.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 stars

:D

~1~
oOh Nasty

Last edited:

gt95ab

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice Post

I think I might start my own personal DJ bible with it.

The ethical DJ - gt95ab

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im gonna give this a little nudge to the top :)

Reaction score
Sonick, this is the best post I've read in a long damn time. Good insights, thanks for sharing them with us.

If you have any other good Tony Robbins stuff or other stuff post it because that was great.

5 stars

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once read it somewhere that "emotion" stands for "energy in motion"... You gotta wonder...
Cheers.

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post! When I originally listened to Tony Robbins talk about it I didn't apply it that much except for my Hour of Power which is when I'd do my walking.

You explained it far better and gave a GREAT tip to apply it in an everyday situation which only takes about 20 seconds!!

Thanks!! =)

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, I hadn't visited the forum in SO LONG... I visit yesterday, i got a guy PMing me about somethin, and i see that my old thread got bumped up!

I really should take my advicethough, as the only reason i came back to 'visit' is coz ive been in a rut lately :eek:

Nice to see somebody actually reading and actually BUMPING this from the dead :D