Espi's Fitbook

Espi

Master Don Juan
Yesterday's jumprope times (goal is 4:30 or better per set).

Set 1, 2, and 3
300 reps per set:
4:15, 5:46, and 5:15.

Skipped training today.

Tomorrow's workout:

3 sets no-to-minimal rest or stops:

Jumpropes 300 per set

DB bench press inclines 85, 75, 70 minimal 10 reps per set/maximum 15 reps per set.

Kettlebell Zercher Squats
15 reps per set/50-lb. kettlebell

Skullcrushers
E-Z curl bar 25-lb plates either side 10-15 reps.

Espi

Master Don Juan
I usually work my entire body every workout. I haven't done a split routine in years. Here's a workout that I've been doing 1-2xs per week. 4 movements done with no-to-minimal rest. I like to think of it as one long intense workout. I stop long enough to catch my breath. I repeat the movements for a total of 3 sets. (45 min intense workout).

Jumpropes
Deadlifts
Farmer's Carry
Shrugs

500 jumpropes
I always like to start my workouts with full throttle intensity. No warm ups/no fvucking around for me. Start with 500 reps, as fast as possible. I
time myself on jumpropes. My best time so far is 8 MIN 12 SEC. Which means that about half of my entire workout is dedicated to Grade A jumprope cardio.

Deadlifts
Works my core, trunk, traps, forearms. Most advise DLs with heavy weight/low reps. I prefer lighter weight/higher reps. Max for me is 225 x15, and on a good day I'll get 15 reps with no stops or pauses. Usually, though, I pause a few times before I get to 15 reps.

Farmer's Carry
I have fallen in love with this movement. It builds muscle and strength in the oft-neglected forearms and traps. And I have acquired noticeable grip strength. I use a 60-lb. pair of DBs and I simply walk around for one minute before re-racking the weights.

Shrugs
I do them with medium-to-heavy DBs. I do each rep slowly and with a full range of motion. I'm not in a rush to get these done.

Last edited:

Espi

Master Don Juan
Life must be good. Tomorrow is FRI and I have pretty hot date date lined up with a tall rich woman in Sarasota, but what I am really thinking about is doing tomorrow aft's workout.

About a year ago I started reserving FRI workouts as bodyweight-only. Tomorrow's will be especially grueling. Lots of sweat tomorrow for sure. It's warm now in Tampa (80s) and the AC unit in my gym doesn't generate a lot of cool air. I'll step in front of the big fan for a few secs. but I actually prefer to stay sweaty throughout my workout.

After the workout, because it's FRI, I can quickly and comfortably towel off the sweat, apply deoderant, squirt some Hugo Boss cologne on my body, then slip back into my jeans and t-shirt. I return to the sales floor in 5 mins., check my emails really quickly, then head for the breakroom a mere few hundred feet away, to eat tuna-rice-greens-cashews. Then I go back to work, with a nice pump, ready to make that one last push before I start my weekend of wine, women, and song.

300 jumpropes
I've made huge progress on these the past few months. Getting better and faster and my cardiovasular endurance feels off the chain right now. I will do these with all-out effort tomorrow. I'll be pouring sweat after doing 300 reps.

40 pushups
(my goal is to do them nonstop)

10 pullups
(overhand and neutral grip)

Repeat 4 times, with no-to-minimal rest throughout the workout.

Last edited: