Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 books I'm reading:

"Unforgiveable Blackness" --Jack Johnson bio by Geoffrey C Ward

"Muhammad Ali: His Life and Times" by Thomas Houser

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter how good I think I look, there's always room for improvement. I was ripped in 2014 and I now want to EXCEED that level.

I am out to defy age and strength expectations. Nobody will outwork me in the gym today, and I intend to prove it to myself with sweat and intensity.
For me the secret to these type of goals is to keep my mouth shut and speak with my actions. When I vocalize it, it loses power.

Someone like Deion Sanders is the opposite, he would speak his vision and enact it. Speaking it doesn't work for me, acting and living it is what works for me.

I hope that you exceed your goals and you can. Plan, put in the work, the diet, the lifestyle changes required. I always said it should be a DJ's goal to be able to light up a womans desire when his clothes are off and his mouth is shut. Women are visual just like men.

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6'2 205 (fluctuates to 210 at night). Self-described ripped and muscular. My midsection is lean but not as lean as I got in 2014 (when I weighed down to 195...didn't like being sub-200 lbs.) Definitely more muscular though. About 70% in the six-pack area.

90% "clean eating." Through the week I'm austere and regimented:

#1 eggs, oatmeal for breakfast
#2 goat milk protein shake with Amazing Grass Superfood in water; almonds
#3 5 oz. chicken and rice and raw broccoli or spinach or other green leafy vegetable; almonds
#4 goat milk protein shake with Amazing Grass Superfood in water; almonds
#5 5 oz. chicken and rice and raw broccoli or spinach or other green leafy vegetable; almonds
#6 (post workout) protein bar

All food is organic. I don't always consume almonds.

Goat milk protein: light, not as tasty, much better digestion. I don't see myself ever preferring/going back to Whey. I've been drinking goat Milk protein from grass-fed goats for 3-4 months. https://www.mtcapra.com/product/double-bonded-protein/

Weekends I'm much more relaxed. And I drink alcohol on weekends. Pizza. But I usually get in a workout on SAT or SUN--when all of the hottest chicks are in the gym. Or mountainbike with stops for pushups. Always an excellent outdoor workout. Nothing beats living in FLA now. Put the headphones on and sweat and get a kick ass outdoor workout.

250 mg. of test cypionate has yielded fantastic results: my thighs and hamstrings and glutes look and feel thick and muscular. "Stout" for the first time ever. I can see muscular ridges in my quads in my Diesels.

My 34" waist-pants are loose, though.

Most I've squatted is 315 x 5. I'm fine with it. I'm repping 225's on 2-3 consecutive sets. DEEP.

Last edited:

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally believe that the Smith machine is effective at building legs. I've used the Smith machine exclusively now for the past few years. I thnk what REALLY matters is FORM, DEPTH, and FLUIDITY. The stronger I get, the faster my reps (SQUAT TO PARALLEL). I'm ass-to-grass on 185 for 10 reps on the last set. Not a lot of weight but each rep is EARNED. No half-way shiat. I do 135 by 20 reps for set 1, then 225 for sets 2-3, then 315 on set 4. 185 on set 5. I've rarely even attempted 315.

Read this by Arnold:

I have reverted to using the vertical sliding Smith machine for my squats. This machine enables me to concentrate on my legs. I can place my feet forward of the vertical line of my body, and I can't fall back, like I would using a barbell. Thus, with my back straight, feet about 10 inches apart, and my knees straight ahead. I do tension squats, going three-quarters of the way down and coming up to a position a quarter of the way form the top. The movement gives my thighs an incredible burn and gets the more lateral muscles. I always do this one before a contest. I burn out as many reps as I can, never completing a movement If you lock out, you give your muscles a chance to rest, and that 's not what you want. you have to torture the muscle with unusual training so that it will respond.

I used to use a lot of weight on the squat. Not anymore. I find now that concentration lends its own form of resistance. By thinking I can direct the effort, I can make every movement count, not only the sets. By doing the sliding squat on the sliding Smith machine, I am able to concentrate using less weight. I direct my attention to what the thighs are doing. I literally think the definition into them. The pleasure of my thought overrides the pain. The positive aspects of cuts and veins and shape spur me on, and the whole thing become a labor of love..
http://bodybuilding.ericsgym.com/trainingarticles/arnoldsquat/index.htm

Attachments

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do any of you guys find that when your are training hard and keeping your nutrition good (which is all the time), people who don't go to the gym and excercise always buy junk food and seem to want you to eat it?
Especially friends and family who know you are in to the gym lifestyle and good nutrition, they seem to always want you to eat their junk food and they act like you are being rude if you politley refuse it.
It's like they want you to fail.

Just something I notice fairly regularly and annoys me.

PS: I was in the gym today and some woman was in there training right in front of me who had a massive sexy bum with those really tight leggings on, it was very distracting, I couldn't take my eyes off it.

How This "Nice Guy" Steals Women from Jerks

Did you know a woman can be totally UN-ATTRACTED to you...

And she'll still sleep with you?

If you've ever seen a girl go home with some asshole she didn't even LIKE, you know this is true.

But how is this possible?

Because deep inside her brain, sexual desire has nothing to do with what you LOOK like...

And everything to do with how you make her FEEL.

Matt Cook knows this all too well.

Matt is a nice guy... but he steals women from JERKS all the time.

In this free video training below, he'll show you how he does it:

How to Control Her Emotions and Make Her Chase You

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read this thread from start to finish for the first time in one sitting and I must say it was entertaining. It gave me the inspiration I need at a time when I'm not feeling too good. It was this time exactly last year when I went into a depression which involved gaining 10 lbs, losing muscle, getting high on pain pills, being addicted to video games, and completely falling off the wagon, eating junk, and not stepping foot in a gym for 3 months.

Instead of repeating our mistakes, I fully believe that there is no excuse for letting up after seeing where you went wrong. I'm 19, 5'7, 155, 15 %bf, and I have 2 and a half more years of college left, and I'm going to make the best of it. I want to be smarter, faster, and stronger. I want to live life with raw passion and vigor, and @Espi if there's one sentence that stuck with me most throughout this whole journal, it's when you said that dying young isn't too bad so long as you go out swinging. That's where I want to be. Grind mode, 24/7.

I really wish guys would post more in health & fitness. I honestly feel like the rest of the forum is trash and I'm tired of guys complaining about the game and the way things are. Realize your value as a man. Ignore these women if they can't benefit you.

There's way more to life than chasing azz. Create your own happiness. I truly feel that consistent diet and exercise is 50% of the equation when it comes to building lasting happiness.

I hate to interject with a whole bunch of personal crap on your thread so for that, I apologize.

The one thing I failed to understand after reading all 6 pages, is testosterone replacement therapy. At what point did it become evident that you were going to commit to this for the rest of your life? Is it worth it? I'm only 19 so I'm nowhere near contemplating this but my hope is to live my whole life without taking a prescription medication, just a kick ass immune system, and natural strength. Is anybody with me? Maybe I'm just too young to understand.

Another thing, I've been lighting up the good herb for the last 5 years. It wasn't until the last two that my tolerance went way down and I get paranoid all the time. I used to be a vegetable all day long when I was 14, 15, 16 but nowadays I go weeks without even thinking about bud. I was curious how it helps you work out. It normally makes me sluggish, and nowadays I don't light up until all my priorities are taken care of for the day, preferably at night. It also makes me overeat, lol.

Anyways, I know I rambled a bit but all in all, I'm liking the thread. Keep up the good work. I'm hoping more threads like this pop up in H&F. It's really this section that makes SS interesting.

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do any of you guys find that when your are training hard and keeping your nutrition good (which is all the time), people who don't go to the gym and excercise always buy junk food and seem to want you to eat it?
Especially friends and family who know you are in to the gym lifestyle and good nutrition, they seem to always want you to eat their junk food and they act like you are being rude if you politley refuse it.
It's like they want you to fail.

Just something I notice fairly regularly and annoys me.
I experience it constantly from family, friends, and colleagues.

I stick to a very small stable of food choices. The less ingredients the better. My breakast consists of two ingredients: eggs and oats. I prefer organic food sources comprising lean meats (chicken) complex carbs, fats. I've refused to eat many many doughnuts and birthday cakes.

I agree that they don't want you to succeed. Everybody wants to lose weight, look good. But very few are willing to pay the price. The heaviest price I pay is alienation. Some feel offended when I refuse to eat their food. I accept that. I'm fine with it. I don't offer them broccoli and chicken and rice and almonds.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't pay much attention to things like this from athletes. It's easy in sports to identify your path. Either you are born with athletic ability, or you aren't. After that, your biggest decision is what sport to play, and honestly, you can play them all, all the way through high school. It's very easy to 'work hard' when you're an athlete. The path is clear.

For every other profession out there, it's not so clear. Identifying other talents isn't always so easy. Not nearly as black and white.

Ever notice how every single motivational video on youtube is athletics? There is a reason for that. It's an easy target.

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are some exercises I'm currently doing. 45 minutes per day, 5xs a week, Mon-Fri.

Deadlifts-jumpropes-db chest press tri-set
No-to-minimal rest in between exercises
Minimal rest in between sets.
I've been training barefoot (socks)

Deadlifts 6-10 reps. Lowering is an art. Everybody focuses on lifting the weight off the ground but just as much attention needs to devoted to lowering the weight back down to the ground. Doing so will reduce chances for injury and will also add resistance. Lowering the weight slowish and controlled will get you the most bang for your buck. Keep your back straight, head up, bar close to shins. I prefer to drag the bar along my shins throughout the entire movement, and occasionally it scratches my skin and I bleed, which I really like. I pause a few seconds to reset my grip between reps. Been doing these as part of a superset or tri-set for 8 weeks solid, 1-2 times per week. You want nice traps? Do farmer's walks, and shrugs, but don't you dare skip deadlifts! The best exercise that I've added to my repertoire is deads. I did myself a huge favor and stopped thinking that only powerlifters do them. I lift for reps not 1-rep maxes. 300 lbs. x 5 reps is the most I'll deadlift, but done consistently and intensely, they've yielded great results. The DLs are also a kickass cardio workout and will develop thick muscular forearms and a rock solid posterior chain (hams, glutes, lower back). That means TOTAL strength development. I switched from alternate to both hands overgripped. I'm convinced it's better for strength and balance. In fact, I discourage you to deadlift with a mixed grip. I think it's kind of fvucked up that people still suggest to lift anything with a mixed grip. It's complcated enough and has taken me years to learn and appreciate. Well worth the effort though.

Jumpropes. 100-200 reps done as quickly as possible, as a way to get a great cardio workout between sets of lifting weights. Surpringly good shoulder workout and I'm convinced that clean eating and jumproping are keeping me lean. And I feel like I have STAMINA from doing these...like I can run uphill. The only other cardio that I'm seriously considering is hill sprints. Boxjumps are great too. They exhaust my glutes, legs and especially my calves. Don't understimate yourself. Set the box high and make every rep deliberate and focused and earned. Key is to jump STRAIGHT up. Don't take a few steps back then jump.

DB Chest Press. I've been doing these flat. 85's for 10 good reps. I usually reduce the weight by 10 lbs. after each tri-set: 85 x10; 75 x10-12; 70 x 8-10; 65 x 10. Sometimes I follow these up or superset them with pushups.

Last edited:

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are some exercises I'm currently doing. 45 minutes per day, 5xs a week, Mon-Fri.

Deadlifts-jumpropes-db chest press tri-set
No-to-minimal rest in between exercises
Minimal rest in between sets.
I've been training barefoot (socks)

Deadlifts 6-10 reps. Lowering is an art. Everybody focuses on lifting the weight off the ground but just as much attention needs to devoted to lowering the weight back down to the ground. Doing so will reduce chances for injury and will also add resistance. Lowering the weight slowish and controlled will get you the most bang for your buck. Keep your back straight, head up, bar close to chins. I prefer to drag the bar along my chins throughout the entire movement, and occasionally it scratches my skin and I bleed, which I really like. I pause a few seconds to reset my grip between reps. Been doing these as part of a superset or tri-set for 8 weeks solid, 1-2 times per week. You want nice traps? Do farmer's walks, and shrugs, but don't you dare skip deadlifts! The best exercise that I've added to my repertoire is deads. I did myself a huge favor and stopped thinking that only powerlifters do them. I lift for reps not 1-rep maxes. 300 lbs. x 5 reps is the most I'll deadlift, but done consistently and intensely, they've yielded great results. The DLs are also a kickass cardio workout and will develop thick muscular forearms and a rock solid posterior chain (hams, glutes, lower back). That means TOTAL strength development. I switched from alternate to both hands overgripped. I'm convinced it's better for strength and balance. In fact, I discourage you to deadlift with a mixed grip. I think it's kind of fvucked up that people still suggest to lift anything with a mixed grip. It's complcated enough and has taken me years to learn and appreciate. Well worth the effort though.

Jumpropes. 100-200 reps done as quickly as possible, as a way to get a great cardio workout between sets of lifting weights. Surpringly good shoulder workout and I'm convinced that clean eating and jumproping are keeping me lean. And I feel like I have STAMINA from doing these...like I can run uphill. The only other cardio that I'm seriously considering is hill sprints. Boxjumps are great too. They exhaust my glutes, legs and especially my calves. Don't understimate yourself. Set the box high and make every rep deliberate and focused and earned. Key is to jump STRAIGHT up. Don't take a few steps back then jump.

DB Chest Press. I've been doing these flat. 85's for 10 good reps. I usually reduce the weight by 10 lbs. after each tri-set: 85 x10; 75 x10-12; 70 x 8-10; 65 x 10. Sometimes I follow these up or superset them with pushups.
So you don't do a split? Is it the same routine everyday?

I really like your intensity but is it enough variety to build a balanced body?

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you don't do a split? Is it the same routine everyday?

I really like your intensity but is it enough variety to build a balanced body?
Have done splits and may revert back to them as I like to mix things up occasionally.

The past 8 weeks I've done whole body workouts every day. I mix it up every day, but my exercises are pretty limited (see below). I have a small staple of exercises.

I switched my workout time to early afternoons and I want to get the most from my workouts. I'm convinced that supersetting upper and lower body movements is key to efficiency. It's also great for intensity.

Here are some additional exercises I do:

Squats (back, front; Smith machine and free weights).

Pullups (sometimes done with feet on bench)

DB lunges

DB overhead press

Side lat raises

Skullcrushers

Neutral-grip chinups

Farmer's walk

Dips

Shrugs

Last edited:

TyTe`EyEz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I switched from alternate to both hands overgripped. I'm convinced it's better for strength and balance. In fact, I discourage you to deadlift with a mixed grip. I think it's kind of fvucked up that people still suggest to lift anything with a mixed grip. It's complcated enough and has taken me years to learn and appreciate. Well worth the effort though.
I've been using a mixed grip for years, but I sometimes feel discomfort in the bicep of my underhand arm. I don't want to use straps, but I'd also hate to tear a bicep.

I recently discovered the 'hook grip.' I have yet to try it, but it's supposed to make it easier to hold onto the bar. Worth a look.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_grip

Last edited:

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been using a mixed grip for years, but I sometimes feel discomfort in the bicep of my underhand arm. I don't want to use straps, but I'd also hate to tear a bicep.

I recently discovered the 'hook grip.' I have yet to try it, but it's supposed to make it easier to hold onto the bar. Worth a look.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_grip
I started to get an imbalance from using mixed grip. It was nice at first but after recording myself for a while I realized that it screws up your balance. The bar would naturally rotate ever so slightly towards the side which uses overhand grip.

I've been practicing hook grip. My max with mixed was 365, but I can still pull 345 with hook grip. It feels better in the lats too.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did jumpropes-dead-pushups tri-set 3xs today and managed only 23 consecutive high reps. Done with my feet on top of a medicine ball though so FRI I'm gonna do them normal and see how many I get.

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happy FRI doing my favorite workout this aft.:

300 jumpropes (goal is 4:30 per set)
40 pushups (goal is to do 40 non-stop)
10 pullups or chinups

Repeat 3xs, little to no rest in between. Done as fast and as intensely as possible.

It'll be a great feeling heading home from work on FRI night knowing that I've worked hard at the office and at the gym all week.

Hard work pays off. Especially for peace of mind.

Have a great weekend All.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happy FRI doing my favorite workout this aft.:

300 jumpropes (goal is 4:30 per set)
40 pushups (goal is to do 40 non-stop)
10 pullups or chinups

Repeat 3xs, little to no rest in between. Done as fast and as intensely as possible.

It'll be a great feeling heading home from work on FRI night knowing that I've worked hard at the office and at the gym all week.

Hard work pays off. Especially for peace of mind.

Have a great weekend All.
Hey espi do you have any down time? Beers with the guys maybe once a week? Also how long are your workouts?

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey espi do you have any down time? Beers with the guys maybe once a week? Also how long are your workouts?
Hi switch7 M-F I eat and drink 100% clean but I allow myself a bit of flexibility over the weekend. A 12-pack of craft beer/a few shots/a meal or two of whatever I want to eat are usually more than enough for me to indulge over the weekend.

My workouts are 45-60 mins. long but they're intense and done with no-to-minimal rest in between sets.