Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Eating mcdonald to bulk up

caribstars

Don Juan
Reaction score
If i eat a lot of that junk food( 1 sandwich has like 25g protein) everyday, is it gonna help me to gain weight? I currently weigh 125 lbs.

Egyptiandude1

Don Juan
Reaction score
please tell me this is a joke.......?

tigerkick

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes.. you will be gain weight very fast.. but they won't be in a form of muscles when u start cutting, its just fat. plain lard..

i prefer you eat 5 small meals daily.

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
NO!!!

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you attempt any form of weight gaining, please keep track of your bodyfat for your own sake. Check it often so that you can stop and revise your meal plan before you turn into some fat ****er.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by caribstars
If i eat a lot of that junk food( 1 sandwich has like 25g protein) everyday, is it gonna help me to gain weight? I currently weigh 125 lbs.
as long as you keep away from fries, non-diet soda, and the desserts - yeah, it's a viable option... hamburgers/chicken/fish sandwiches are still meat with lots of protein - granted it isn't super high quality, but the body can still use it... the only concern here is the ridiculous amounts of saturated fat, which over the long run can become a problem...

gUiLe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Eating mcdonald to bulk up

Originally posted by DIESEL
as long as you keep away from fries, non-diet soda, and the desserts - yeah, it's a viable option... hamburgers/chicken/fish sandwiches are still meat with lots of protein - granted it isn't super high quality, but the body can still use it... the only concern here is the ridiculous amounts of saturated fat, which over the long run can become a problem...
Saturated fat is the problem?? I don't think so. The BIGGEST
problem here (besides the ridiculous amount of sodium) is the
trans fat!! There is absolutely ZERO good this can/will do for your
body. This actually KILLS you. Not to mention the fact that it takes
up to a year to rid your body of the fat that is caused by
partially hydrogenated fats. So that kinda blows the whole theory of "not the best protien" out of the water. In other words, give up
the junk food. You want junk food?..eat pizza!
g

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Eating mcdonald to bulk up

Originally posted by gUiLe
Saturated fat is the problem?? I don't think so. The BIGGEST
problem here (besides the ridiculous amount of sodium) is the
trans fat!! There is absolutely ZERO good this can/will do for your
body. This actually KILLS you. Not to mention the fact that it takes
up to a year to rid your body of the fat that is caused by
partially hydrogenated fats. So that kinda blows the whole theory of "not the best protien" out of the water. In other words, give up
the junk food. You want junk food?..eat pizza!
g
Yeah, about the trans fat and all that...... but that still does not negate the fact that you could still put on muscle mass eating Whoppers and McDonald's hamburgers...which was the whole point of this thread.

and yes, saturated fat is still a problem, and excessive sodium is more a problem for sedentary people, most athletes that follow strict bodybuilding diets don't get enough sodium, actually.

caribstars

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I actually work at mcdonalds and i eat like one sandwich everyday during the whole summer and i havent gain a single pound during those 3 months! I have a 4pack

gUiLe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating mcdonald to bulk up

Originally posted by DIESEL
Yeah, about the trans fat and all that...... but that still does not negate the fact that you could still put on muscle mass eating Whoppers and McDonald's hamburgers...which was the whole point of this thread.

and yes, saturated fat is still a problem, and excessive sodium is more a problem for sedentary people, most athletes that follow strict bodybuilding diets don't get enough sodium, actually.
"which was the whole point of this thread"

I don't think that was really the point of the thread. He was looking for opinion's imo. By that rationale, he could eat M&M's
to bulk because he sure would gain weight with that. And yes,
MUSCLE too.
g

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating mcdonald to bulk up

Originally posted by gUiLe
"which was the whole point of this thread"

I don't think that was really the point of the thread. He was looking for opinion's imo. By that rationale, he could eat M&M's
to bulk because he sure would gain weight with that. And yes,
MUSCLE too.
g
exactly. note how I never say, it's the BEST choice, but merely theoretically possible. To the body, a high GI carb, is a high-GI carb..and a meat protein a meat protein... however the fat/additives in the M+M/lower quality meat would fukk with the absorption rate, which is why technically you would prefer "cleaner" protein sources than fast food sandwiches...

BTW, in a pinch Grilled Chicken Whoppers with no mayo are an awesome alternative!

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by caribstars
Well I actually work at mcdonalds and i eat like one sandwich everyday during the whole summer and i havent gain a single pound during those 3 months! I have a 4pack
You're not likely to with just one burger a day. A pal of mine has a nice trick, nine hamburgers after a workout lol. I will happily have 3 bacon cheeseburgers after training and my post-workout shake of course. It won't do much harm if kept in check and you have the kind of metabolism that can get away with it. Speaking from a purely weight-gaining standpoint and ignoring any health issues this type of eating is worth a go for hard gainers and/or those who manage to stay lean relatively easily.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've gotta eat fast food --- go to subway or togos or some sandwch place like that. Wherever there's a MCD's, there's a Subway somewhere nearby.

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Industry
If you've gotta eat fast food --- go to subway or togos or some sandwch place like that. Wherever there's a MCD's, there's a Subway somewhere nearby.
A girl that I'm dating wanted to go to subway and I found something that fit my eating plans right :)......chicken teriyaki sub...all the nutrition information for their sandwiches is on their website so you can check online before you go :)

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eating Ronald Mcdonald is probably unhealthy.

DarkfalconIV

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Um actually if you moderate junk food yeah. Check out the Zone diet book. It'll tell you that. Just don't overdoo it. DOn't worry once you hit 40 yrs. you get fat. THe metab goes.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya theres some OK fast food out there..like the grilled chicken sandwiches without mayo. speaking of subwway...that place is EXPENSIVE.

In my opinion though, Id much prefer to cook up a juicy steak or chicken breast, some noodles, toss up a big caesar salad, and down it with a big glass of skim milk..MMMM

dont be lazy! if u can, make up your own food!

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was super-skinny before I started going to the gym, now I have a better defined chest and arms.

But I am really just muscle and bones, fast food doesn't do ANYTHING. I can eat huge servings and I won't put on weight. I can do with a bit of fat, on my upper body you can see the contrast between ribs and muscle.

My body is too unpredictable. I'm planning to start having more protein, but is soda and fast food really going to effect someone like me?