Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Don't be a could-have person.

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few days ago I had a conversation with my older brother about his grades in college. He is getting straight A's. This was strange to hear coming from a kid who ****ed around throughout high school and pulled mostly C's, alot of B's, and some D's. I asked him what it was that suddenly motivated him to put so much effort into school. He said

"Well, one thing was getting a wreck while DUI and realizing how easily I could have died. I realized that everything I do has real consequences in my life, and what I do now can effect me forever. Another thing was a conversation I had with my best friend one night while we were drinking. He told me he was dissapointed in me because I had worse grades than him first semester, and I said "I could have done better. I will do better next semester." He said "As long as I've known you, you've said the same damn thing. You will always be a could-have person." This hurt to hear, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how true it was. I started thinking about my future career. Investment banking is competitive, and those who aren't very good work in small firms and get small paychecks. The guys who put 100% into it and become really good at it work in the big firms on wall street and some make millions of dollars a year. I decided that if I kept half-assing everything, I would never end up on the level of investment banking I want to be at. I would say "I could have gotten into a better firm if I tried harder. I will do better next year."

When I am 70, I don't want to look back on my life and my career and think "I could have done better." This thought alone really effected me. So, now I am putting as close to 100% as I can into everything I do. Now, if I can keep this A in English, I will be on the dean's list, which means that I could probably get into Harvard's business school."

After this conversation I thought about my life and realized I am also a could-have person. I see a cute girl, I hesitate and lose my chance, and I am left thinking to myself "I could have hooked up with her. I will talk to the next cute girl I see." but I end up doing the same thing with the next girl, and it becomes a habit. I am a could-have person with my grades. I tell myself that I will do better next quarter, but I never do. If I would actually put a little effort into it I could easily have great grades. My entire life I have put much less than 100% into things I do and it has got me nowhere. If you really want to reach your goals, you have to put everything you have into it.

I'm sure some of you say you could have done better in school, sports, hobbies, ect. If you say "well, I will do better." you better make sure you stand by your word.

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bookmarked. This is going into my top posts folder.

Crap- I'm actually speechless. That was fan-fvcking-tastic!!

I'll reply again when I think of something to say... I'm going to re-read it now. Hats off Zelemont. :D

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn man im in this exact position (school-wise) and this post was just what i needed to turn that around, thanks bro!

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhOa!! That was VeRy good, so good that im goin to bOOkmark it tOO!!

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not to sure about this post....

Obviously I agree to a certain degree, yet I seem to keep finding a little problem which I can't get off my mind...

To what degree is putting 100% in "good" when it interferes with your social life?

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he's just trying to say to give everything you got. I don't think he was saying that your social life isn't important.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
To what degree is putting 100% in "good" when it interferes with your social life?
People these days! :rolleyes: It means put 100% in everything you do. Its a very simple thing, no need for complexity.

GuitarOnFire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It means put 100% in everything you do. Its a very simple thing, no need for complexity.
It's better to say 'Apply yourself 100% in everything you do, but trust your gut and cut your losses at your own discretion.'

If you're in a band in high school, it's dangerous to apply this philosophy of giving 100%. The higher your grades, the better you will do if something with your band, your health, or even your finances falls through.

As knowledgable people in financial firms will tell you, it's risky to make a huge investment than many small investments.

In conclusion, apply yourself 100% to anything that you do, but don't fear cutting your losses. If a girl gives you less than 100% and shows you disrespect, are you going to still give her 100%?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GuitarOnFire
If a girl gives you less than 100% and shows you disrespect, are you going to still give her 100%?
Yes, yes i am. 100% in nexting her. I know you all know what he means but you're just making it complicated for the sake of your own glory. We ALL know and UNDERSTAND what he means.

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
i try to live by the motto
"If its not worth doing to the best of your ability, its not worth doing".

But, unfortunately, I am still a "could-have" person.
But I AM changing.

GuitarOnFire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, yes i am. 100% in nexting her. I know you all know what he means but you're just making it complicated for the sake of your own glory. We ALL know and UNDERSTAND what he means.
I'm explaining it for guys like Smooth as Anything. If you understand it, that's great. I'm so happy for you!

Now shut up, turn off your caps-lock key, and learn how to write decent sentences, you AOL-wannabe.