Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you have to be Top 10% to do well in OLD

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider myself a 7 to 7.5. Above average height, full head of hair, fit but closer to average facial aesthetics.

I get matches here and there, but not alot at all.

My main theory is, women know they are the gatekeepers to sex and a "7" woman has alot more dating leverage than a 7 man? A HB 7 to 7.5 on Bumble , etc is probably only swiping right on Tyler Kinney or Matthew Mcconnaugey look alikes?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Dont overthink. Be patient. Accumulate matches and in the meantime do something unrelated. Once u have a few matches, Plan dates you would enjoy regardless of company. Triple book, if none cancels, go out with the hottest one and bail on the other girls. Rins & repeat.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
You can try lying and see what happens. Normally I wouldn't condone lying, but OLD is trash anyway, so what's the harm.
Women lie about age, height, weight, career, old photos etc. No reason to do the same. Always add a couple inches to height and beef your career up in your bio.

Last woman who i messaged on pof uses 6 year old photos i noticed. I went on her facebook and they were pics she posted in 2016!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is another topic that is often brought up to the point of exhaustion. However, the question is to be answered.

The answer is no. You don’t have to be top 10%. A man taking OLD serious is about as bad as a chick getting irritated that her last post didn’t get enough “Likes”. It’s pointless.

OLD has to be one of the biggest gaslighting platforms besides social media. It’s turned men into simps and acting worse than females. Remember, OLD should only be used as entertainment; literally like a game app. Once you start looking at it more than that, you lost.

Don’t chase, attract.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is another topic that is often brought up to the point of exhaustion. However, the question is to be answered.

The answer is no. You don’t have to be top 10%. A man taking OLD serious is about as bad as a chick getting irritated that her last post didn’t get enough “Likes”. It’s pointless.

OLD has to be one of the biggest gaslighting platforms besides social media. It’s turned men into simps and acting worse than females. Remember, OLD should only be used as entertainment; literally like a game app. Once you start looking at it more than that, you lost.

Don’t chase, attract.
Entertainment is supposed to make you feel good, not bad.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Again any chick of even average looks and an extra 20lbs is getting three hundred messages in 24 hours. I have met quality women on OLD, but it’s like 1 a year, usually it’s someone right out of an LTR and/or someone who just decides to try OLD for the first time. Rare but happens.

The rest are so jaded and f-Ed out they’re like so not worth even raising a finger for.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Again any chick of even average looks and an extra 20lbs is getting three hundred messages in 24 hours. I have met quality women on OLD, but it’s like 1 a year, usually it’s someone right out of an LTR and/or someone who just decides to try OLD for the first time. Rare but happens.

The rest are so jaded and f-Ed out they’re like so not worth even raising a finger for.
Most of those that try OLD for the first time usually last a couple weeks and then they give up on it due to all the messages they get when their subscription expires. One date from OLD was an 8 and she said she had like 100 messages in just under a week on Match. Was going out on dinner dates like literally every night.

Of course you will see the same fatties on there for months and months, but it seems anything HB6 or above last a few weeks then that's it.

I can imagine with Covid they're getting even more messages now.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I’m not Top 10%, but very happy with my Tinder experience. Once you match, be aggressive, but not creepy. Know something about her & let her know you find her attractive. Get her off OLD & on to text/Snap right away. Set up the date asap.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After seeing how my fatty fwb was swiping on tinder, I'm convinced there's no logic or reason behind female swiping. She'd swipe right on one guy, then left on a dude that I'd think would be higher smv. Swiping left 95% of the time, and right on a guy that was lower in looks than many of the rejected.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
After seeing how my fatty fwb was swiping on tinder, I'm convinced there's no logic or reason behind female swiping. She'd swipe right on one guy, then left on a dude that I'd think would be higher smv. Swiping left 95% of the time, and right on a guy that was lower in looks than many of the rejected.
On another swipe app I had a 6-2 woman swipe on me. Granted probably more like 6ft but found it odd. Even though I'm about 5-9 I only pad a couple inches on my profile and even then that's still shorter than her and found it off why she would like me. She said she only dates guys at least 6-7! I guess she should hangout at NBA games or something. Texted for a few days but didn't meet up because I told her personally she wouldn't like me because I'm not near her height. Not going to waste time and gas.

DontThinkTwice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Height could be an issue. Here is data from Bumble on girls setting filters for height.

If you are above average height (5'10/5'11), just round to 6'. Women can't really tell the difference between an inch or two. You have to have good pictures that make you look successful, have a social life, work out, etc. Fresh & Fit podcast has some episodes on OLD.

Agree with above poster you meet better quality women in person, but I find some decent girls.

1648012360065.png

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Height could be an issue. Here is data from Bumble on girls setting filters for height.

If you are above average height (5'10/5'11), just round to 6'. Women can't really tell the difference between an inch or two. You have to have good pictures that make you look successful, have a social life, work out, etc. Fresh & Fit podcast has some episodes on OLD.

Agree with above poster you meet better quality women in person, but I find some decent girls.

View attachment 8145
I find it hilarious how so many have their filters set in the 6-6 to 7 foot range lol. 35 percent 7ft??? nearly 7ft? They need to be hanging out at Division One NCAA basketball games or at NBA games, not OLD. Where do they expect to just run into someone 7ft too.

Being too tall is a problem too if not built properly. If you're 6-7 and skinny you look clumsy. I'm a big Blues fan and when Chris Pronger was young and traded to the Blues the fans HATED him at first since a fan favorite was traded away. At the time he was tall, skinny and clumsy and fans made fun of his appearance constantly for looking tall and goofy. Of course in a couple years that changed when he became a dominate Dman. Same thing with Chara. When he was young, tall and not as built he had a lot of fans making fun of his physical appearance.

I think 6-3 and in shape is the sweet spot for a man.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

View attachment 8145
Great content. Shows the fussiness of women on apps. Only 30% include a man that is 5'10" or 5'11" as part of their parameters. If you're 5'9", it is 17%. 60% have a 6'0" man there.

Don’t chase, attract.
You don't have to be Top 10% but it's going to help a lot. Women are extremely fussy on the apps. Big expectations. Tinder is 76% male and Bumble/Hinge are 65% male. These are big sausage fests. Male competition is fierce.

It's healthier for most men to look elsewhere, especially if you desire something more than solely one night stands and casual sex.

Last edited:

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Great content. Shows the fussiness of women on apps. Only 30% include a man that is 5'10" or 5'11" as part of their parameters. If you're 5'9", it is 17%. 60% have a 6'0" man there.

You don't have to be Top 10% but it's going to help a lot. Women are extremely fussy on the apps. Big expectations. Tinder is 76% male and Bumble/Hinge are 65% male. These are big sausage fests. Male competition is fierce.

It's healthier for most men to look elsewhere, especially if you desire something more than solely one night stands and casual sex.
I believe it with the ratio of men to women. Right before Covid started I made a fake Match account. Took an HB6 pic from someone I talked to on POF once. Really clear it wasn't a real profile I made because I only included one pic and nothing in the bio section or anything else listed. Just the photo and body type. Still got tons of messages and profile views. I gotta wonder if I filled everything out like you're supposed to how many messages I would have got if it was clear it was a real profile. And yes I saw TONS more men while browsing on there compared to the women's side. So yes, I believe the ratios on OLD.

I gotta think the ratios are even worse now since Covid. I see less women on there. I'm sure there are many more thirsty men on OLD. Tinder is probably more like 80 percent male now and Bumble over 70 percent male.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swipe apps (Tinder) reward facial attractiveness. If that’s not your forte, try a venue where your strongpoints can shine.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think so. I don't know where my looks or SMV falls, but it really doubt it's in the top 10%.

However, I have quite an easy time getting numbers and dates using only Hinge. All you really need are good photos.

Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider myself a 7 to 7.5. Above average height, full head of hair, fit but closer to average facial aesthetics.

I get matches here and there, but not alot at all.

My main theory is, women know they are the gatekeepers to sex and a "7" woman has alot more dating leverage than a 7 man? A HB 7 to 7.5 on Bumble , etc is probably only swiping right on Tyler Kinney or Matthew Mcconnaugey look alikes?
It's like Google or Amazon. Think about it - how often do you click on the first result that comes up compared to the result on page 16? Women that go online can get thousands of matches within a week. You need to be on the first page of results or you don't even exist.