Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do vegetables fill you up as much as meat-based proteins?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last few years I've made an effort for better vegetable balance in my meals.

One meal I make is using lean chicken sausage with mixed vegetables (carrots, eggplant, green beans, yellow beans, zucchini) in a red sauce. The sausage links are small - like the size of breakfast links.

Been noticing lately that when I eat the vegetables first I fill up really quickly...same as I do when I eat an egg. I could only eat one small sausage link today. I guess I'll see how hungry I feel in a few hours.

I read that high-in-fiber veggies can leave us just as satisfied as meat, with obviously more health benefits. But I can find a "study" to prove anything. I still plan to incorporate lean meats and fish for flavor and enjoyment. Wondering what your experiences are with vegetable-heavy meals?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with EyeBRollin. It's always seemed like the best way for me was to eat the vegetables first when I'm really hungry, then move on to the other after that, and it prevents me from overeating the other, whatever that may be on that particular day. But vegetables themselves are never enough.

That's why a 'Daniel-fast' (eating only vegetables and drinking water, like Daniel in the Bible) is still considered a fast, even though you can eat as much as you want.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Vegetables and fruits are high in fibre so your body metabolises it faster. That is why it why it doesn't fill you up for long.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really. The only thing that really fills me up is high protein, high fat diets. Like some meatloaf, or dark meat chicken thighs. I can eat a big meal around 3pm and not feel hungry again for the rest of the day/night.

Vegetables only fill me up for a couple hours and they're not satiating in nearly the same way as something like a ground beef omelette or steak swimming in ghee.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why a 'Daniel-fast' (eating only vegetables and drinking water, like Daniel in the Bible) is still considered a fast, even though you can eat as much as you want.
I don't believe this. Anything that causes a metabolic response isn't a fast. Just water and black coffee.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love eating products like Beyond Meat or Impossible Meat. They are immitation meat and they taste exactly like meat. The best part is they are made from beets or peas. They are filling just like regular meat. You get your vegetables and you take care of your meat craving all in one.
Imitation meats do not taste like meat. Huge difference in texture and satiety. Also they are highly processed.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Imitation meats do not taste like meat. Huge difference in texture and satiety. Also they are highly processed.
I agree with this. Unfortunately, "fake meats" (like other foods) suffer from the "health halo" ie, because they are vegan/vegetarian,people assume they are good for you. Not so. As @EyeBRollin points out,they are highly processed,and often contain questionable chemicals,thickeners,preservatives,etc. IMO,unless you avoid meat for ethical reasons,you are better off with meat than this stuff. At least meat is just 1 ingredient,you are always better off with food as near to its natural state as possible. Im not saying going vegan/veggie,is a bad thing,it may or may not be a good thing,but dont assume that this type of food is better. Vegan junk food exists..it always makes me laugh when you see marshmallows that say in big letters on the label "fat free" Well. yes they are,but they are full of sugar and chemicals so fat free is least of your concerns here lol

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After watching slaughterhouse videos and seeing how cruel humans are to animals on factory farms, theres no way ill eat real meat again.
Factory farms are fukking nasty. You are literally eating sh*t if the meat comes from a source like that. Not to mention pink slime and other additives. If the meat is organic and raised humanely it's probably safer, though I suppose that depends on how strictly the laws are enforced. Or as mentioned if you hunt and clean it yourself.

I haven't done any research on the new wave of impossible meats though. Really I just don't eat red meat often, so when I do I just go for the real stuff.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with the posters saying that fake meat doesnt taste like real meat. On 3 different occassions to 3 different people I have served Beyond Meat to them without them knowing and they thought it was real meat. Beyond Meat and Impossible Meat stock prices are huge for a reason. Restaurants are selling it alot now. This isnt the same as the meat alternatives of the past. This stuff is legit now. After watching slaughterhouse videos and seeing how cruel humans are to animals on factory farms, theres no way ill eat real meat again. Im so greatful that tasty fake meat is available to buy.
It can still be a junk food tho,regardless of taste. Depends how ok you are with this.

svencandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with the posters saying that fake meat doesnt taste like real meat. On 3 different occassions to 3 different people I have served Beyond Meat to them without them knowing and they thought it was real meat. Beyond Meat and Impossible Meat stock prices are huge for a reason. Restaurants are selling it alot now. This isnt the same as the meat alternatives of the past. This stuff is legit now. After watching slaughterhouse videos and seeing how cruel humans are to animals on factory farms, theres no way ill eat real meat again. Im so greatful that tasty fake meat is available to buy.
Who cares if it tastes the same... it doesn't have the nutrient density of red meat.