Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do street approaches ever work for you guys?

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been getting into cold approach. I've had some good interactions with women when they are stationary (like sitting in a park, for example) but I haven't really had any good interactions on the street. The times I've done it they usually walk away quickly and are creeped out. A lot of stuff I read from PUAs (or whatever the hell you wanna call them) say it's important to approach on the street when there's a high probability of rejection. But is there actually any point to it? How many women do you know who met their partner when he chased her down in a busy crosswalk? Have you ever succeeded with this? To be clear, I'm not giving up on cold approach, but just questioning whether chasing girls on the street/sidewalk specificallly is even worth it.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Idk what to think of that video. The guy admitted he was really drunk and was slurring his words. Also had basically no luck with any of the girls and the one who went home with him was probably staged. Still I guess I could try to give compliments like he did and see if they go anywhere.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the very first day interaction he did, when the chick with the boyfriend was standing by herself. But even so, she was stationary.

When a girl is walking by you on the street, you need to gently put your hand up, like you're telling her to stop, when she's about 10 feet away from you. Give her time to react to what you're gesturing.

Don't wait until the moment when she's actually passing you. That gives her no time to react. She'll just keep on walking.
Yeah I like that interaction too but I don't think I could come up with all that sh1t to say lol. Guess I just gotta practice more. Hard when I live in a city that's not very big.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been getting into cold approach. I've had some good interactions with women when they are stationary (like sitting in a park, for example) but I haven't really had any good interactions on the street. The times I've done it they usually walk away quickly and are creeped out. A lot of stuff I read from PUAs (or whatever the hell you wanna call them) say it's important to approach on the street when there's a high probability of rejection. But is there actually any point to it? How many women do you know who met their partner when he chased her down in a busy crosswalk? Have you ever succeeded with this? To be clear, I'm not giving up on cold approach, but just questioning whether chasing girls on the street/sidewalk specificallly is even worth it.
I have had a long-term relationship that started with a cold approach. Although, in my case, it wasn't that cold because the girl looked friendly.

I think it's a good exercise to improve your confidence - if you can approach on the street, then you can easily approach in a coffee shop, at a bar, on a train etc.

If women are walking away and refusing to talk to you, then perhaps you're coming across the wrong away. A lot of people have that automatic reaction because normally when someone you don't know comes up to you in the street it's to beg for money.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had a long-term relationship that started with a cold approach. Although, in my case, it wasn't that cold because the girl looked friendly.

I think it's a good exercise to improve your confidence - if you can approach on the street, then you can easily approach in a coffee shop, at a bar, on a train etc.

If women are walking away and refusing to talk to you, then perhaps you're coming across the wrong away. A lot of people have that automatic reaction because normally when someone you don't know comes up to you in the street it's to beg for money.
Yeah you're probably right. My issue is that it's hard for me to approach when I only have seconds to do it. I guess that's the opposite problem most guys have (like the opposite of the '3 second rule'). If i see a girl sitting or standing still and have like a minute to think about it, lately I almost always end up talking myself into it eventually. But it's hard for me to act really quickly knowing I have like 3 seconds to say something.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you're probably right. My issue is that it's hard for me to approach when I only have seconds to do it. I guess that's the opposite problem most guys have (like the opposite of the '3 second rule'). If i see a girl sitting or standing still and have like a minute to think about it, lately I almost always end up talking myself into it eventually. But it's hard for me to act really quickly knowing I have like 3 seconds to say something.
You don't have to do it in 3 seconds. If you find that applying the 3 second rule helps you, then do it that way but giving yourself more time to think about what to say might be a better strategy in some cases.

Sometimes you can also get cues from body language and eye contact.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to do it in 3 seconds. If you find that applying the 3 second rule helps you, then do it that way but giving yourself more time to think about what to say might be a better strategy in some cases.

Sometimes you can also get cues from body language and eye contact.
Yeah I know, but I was talking about a girl walking by on the street or something, in that case, the window of opportunity is only about 3 seconds. I find I do better when I give myself some time when the girl is not moving.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
A lot of stuff I read from PUAs (or whatever the hell you wanna call them) say it's important to approach on the street when there's a high probability of rejection. But is there actually any point to it?
They don't tell you that because you will succeed. They tell you that because you will fail. They are wanting to "numb" you to the rejection.

BTW - In the UK you can be arrested for it now,...Canada will probably be next.

I never cold approach, and I never play the "numbers game". I work with women who I find via my normal social life. First I have to be attracted to them, and secondly I watch for signs of interest coming from them. Then I will weigh other things I learn about them in the process. I do not limit it to one at a time. When I feel satisfied enough in what I see and know about them, then I might offer a date if I feel like,...and if I don't feel like it I won't. I don't "need" the date. I don't "need" her.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Surely there needs to be:

- some kind of eye contact from her
- sitting somewhere where you can size each other up and get on each other’s radar.
- in an experience together like at least sat at a bus stop or waiting in a queue where you can make a quip about something or ask a question, then you will get from that how receptive she is
- In a bar or club where it’s kind of accepted you can cold approach.
- or, at leisure. A few times when younger I marched into a group and introduced myself and said I was trying to organise a joint male/female social group (on behalf of my group of friends) as I noticed that everyone was segregated. If you carry that off with a wink (and you can tell the kind of girls who would work with), and other stupid sh1t. This was when younger by the way, I wouldn’t do that post 25.

walking up to random women who haven’t even seen you coming is just weird. Maybe you’ll get 1/1000 but there’s far better ways to do it.

comedy is the way to go with Cold approach. Something utterly bizarre, clearly an attempt to speak but with a detailed cover story which is entirely unbelievable, this is the only way really for a totally cold approach.

you do need some charisma and social skills. Despite being not particularly Chad I always had this nailed on.

to develop this, you have to be someone fidgety individual with zero worries.

warning though, if you do this in groups, you will be tagged as the “funny“ one and a bit needy and your stoic friend will probably be ahead in terms of choice of the girls as you have to somewhat be a comedian to do it.
being the most confident doesn’t make you the most desirable but at least you’re not sat alone masturbating

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on women's reaction to you at the street level, you are probably an ethnic sub-5. If you post a picture up perhaps people can see if your looks have anything to do with the poor results. It's not normal for women to walk away or be creeped out which means you must look bad to them. This might be the most honest post you get about your situation so do post up your picture on here.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on women's reaction to you at the street level, you are probably an ethnic sub-5. If you post a picture up perhaps people can see if your looks have anything to do with the poor results. It's not normal for women to walk away or be creeped out which means you must look bad to them. This might be the most honest post you get about your situation so do post up your picture on here.
I'd say I'm around a 6 looks wise at least. And no I'm not gonna post a picture, IDGAF what some random anonymous guys think I look like

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was debating this with my homie yesterday, he is a natural blue pill, he is raised by single mother and hyper masculine as a result, built like a brick **** house he said 7% bf. 6' tall

Dude isn't that into game, he just places himself beside any women and they do all the chasing.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a pic on photofeeler. So far there have been 81 votes. I got 18 no, 38somewhat attractive,23yes, and 2very attractive. My average is 5.2
I'd say I'm around a 6 looks wise at least. And no I'm not gonna post a picture, IDGAF what some random anonymous guys think I look like

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very successful for me. But that wasn't the case in the beginning, it took time and practice. That was the only way I actually build some real confidence and "game".

I'm in a relationship now so haven't done it in a while, obviously, but if you have ever read any of my older posts/comments I always advocate for cold approach and avoid OLD for many reasons.

For me, and I say this again FOR ME, my approach to cold approach (pardon the redundancy) was always to find out what is something of value that I can learn from this girl. I saw every strange woman as a whole new universe to explore and made it fun game of exploring and adventuring. So my thought before approaching was "what can I learn from her that will make me a better man and human being and what makes her unique". So that genuine approach and interest will always come across and in theory, should return better results whether in the form of a contact/date or simply a great conversation. This eliminates the fact that most guys approach strange women with a hidden agenda even if they don't know it or think the woman will not notice making them seem like every other creepy guy that has approached her.

Hope that makes sense.

Modern Man Advice

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sub-5s get the treatment by women you are talking about. So, even if you think you are a 6, if women are treating you like a 5 or less than means you are a sub-5. If you were a 6 then they would not walk away quickly or be creeped out. Most likely they wouldn't even notice you to even do that. Normie range 6 - 7 are usually just more under the radar/invisible. I don't even get reactions like that in public from women.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Canada won't, there is no PUA culture in Canada, not like in the UK.
There used to be before 2014, but the authorities cracked down on it as well as the media. If anything @PRW63 got it backwards. Toronto, Canada you could get arrested for it, they cracked down in 2013/2014, decimated the PUA culture, now the UK is following that trend and it will eventually be like Toronto too.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sub-5s get the treatment by women you are talking about. So, even if you think you are a 6, if women are treating you like a 5 or less than means you are a sub-5. If you were a 6 then they would not walk away quickly or be creeped out. Most likely they wouldn't even notice you to even do that. Normie range 6 - 7 are usually just more under the radar/invisible. I don't even get reactions like that in public from women.
They aren't generally treating me like a 5 or less. It happened a couple times on the street when I was acting indirect and awkward as fvck. I chased down two girls at a cross walk at a red light just now and introduced myself and told the closest one I thought she was attractive, and asked her name and number. Got a more neutral/positive reaction, she didn't seem uncomfortable, but she wouldnt give me her number either. Not surprising though, like I said I literally chased her down lmao

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy doesn't get laid, you can tell it. He is way too happy, he's entertaining but girls won't fvck him. His approaches suck big time. Plus the girls he approaches are terrible...
Yeah, he's a self-proclaimed drunk who runs around talking to girls in a high-pitched voice, slurring his words, and he's trying to sell "coaching" and books to guys on how to get laid when he doesn't provide any evidence that he's successful at anything he does. He's entertaining and funny, I'll give him that.